Yes: Test center violation resulting in dismissal of examinee
8%
No: Test takers can follow rules
52%

Total votes: 75

abcde12345

Re: Test Center Violations

Postby abcde12345 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:12 pm

paratactical wrote:They are. TLS HoF are good places to start looking for DAT HISTORY.

http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 0&t=174892

Thank you. What wonderful threads.

mpd1690

Postby mpd1690 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:15 pm

Last edited by mpd1690 on Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

abcde12345

Postby abcde12345 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:19 pm

mpd1690 wrote:Sadly I do not believe that this woman is trolling. We did have a late guy come into our class, and there was a guy with a phone in the back right. I'm kind of in shock now, knowing that my score will be delayed because this crazy old lady cannot cope with others. Such a selfish act by her. I'm completely amazed right now.

I was going to troll back, but if it's an old woman that won't be funny.

mpd1690

Postby mpd1690 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:32 pm

mpd1690 wrote:
abcde12345 wrote:
mpd1690 wrote:Sadly I do not believe that this woman is trolling. We did have a late guy come into our class, and there was a guy with a phone in the back right. I'm kind of in shock now, knowing that my score will be delayed because this crazy old lady cannot cope with others. Such a selfish act by her. I'm completely amazed right now.

I was going to troll back, but if it's an old woman that won't be funny.

If it is the same woman that I am thinking of (back row, south side of the room on the corner), then she deserves what she gets. Completely threw this guy under the bus, and now it looks like she did the same to everyone else in the room.

Do go on.

lshopes

Postby lshopes » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:34 pm

So perhaps my perspective should be clarified. I am faculty at a major university (a fact i had planned to keep to myself). I take honors code violations very seriously among my student and we all affirmed the same statement prohibiting certain items. The proctor had a chance to handle this appropriately. She did not. Blame the student who opted to break the rules rather than me for any fallout any of you may experience. For that I am truly sorry. I did let my frustration at the inappropriate handling of this situation get the better of me in my original post. I did, however, truly want the experiences of others as evidenced by the poll. As I now realize this was folly given the overwhelming attitude that rules should be followed if convenient, pose no discomfort or are generally deemed to acceptable to those to whom it applies, I now am left to hope my fellow law students "choose" to uphold our school's honor code. In case you are wondering, I would do it again.

abcde12345

Postby abcde12345 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:38 pm

lshopes wrote:So perhaps my perspective should be clarified. I am faculty at a major university (a fact i had planned to keep to myself). I take honors code violations very seriously among my student and we all affirmed the same statement prohibiting certain items. The proctor had a chance to handle this appropriately. She did not. Blame the student who opted to break the rules rather than me for any fallout any of you may experience. For that I am truly sorry. I did let my frustration at the inappropriate handling of this situation get the better of me in my original post. I did, however, truly want the experiences of others as evidenced by the poll. As I now realize this was folly given the overwhelming attitude that rules should be followed if convenient, pose no discomfort or are generally deemed to acceptable to those to whom it applies, I now am left to hope my fellow law students "choose" to uphold our school's honor code. In case you are wondering, I would do it again.

Good troll post--I like the discrepancy in your attitude. Everyone knows that faculty at major universities are hippie liberals who think that rules are created by white male protestants to oppress women and minorities. Yet you uphold rules without making an independent argument for morality. Brilliant. This post is a work of art.

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:38 pm

lshopes wrote:So perhaps my perspective should be clarified. I am faculty at a major university (a fact i had planned to keep to myself). I take honors code violations very seriously among my student and we all affirmed the same statement prohibiting certain items. The proctor had a chance to handle this appropriately. She did not. Blame the student who opted to break the rules rather than me for any fallout any of you may experience. For that I am truly sorry. I did let my frustration at the inappropriate handling of this situation get the better of me in my original post. I did, however, truly want the experiences of others as evidenced by the poll. As I now realize this was folly given the overwhelming attitude that rules should be followed if convenient, pose no discomfort or are generally deemed to acceptable to those to whom it applies, I now am left to hope my fellow law students "choose" to uphold our school's honor code. In case you are wondering, I would do it again.

Explain to me how faculty at a major university can be so fucking bad at reading a thread. You constantly characterize people as condoning cheating without actually paying attention to the fact that no one has said the guy with the iPhone isn't a douche, just that in the measurement of "How Many Vaginas Could I Service", you far outweigh his douchefactor by a measure of at least ten Ke$ha vaginas.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:40 pm

R86 wrote:I think you did the right thing OP.

My proctor was absolutely negligent when I took the test. So many people brought boxes of pencils, or at least half a dozen. LSAC clearly states you should only bring 3 or 4 pencils on the day of test. It was a pain drawing charicatures of the offenders so I could report them later (I, of course, didn't have my phone to take pictures with) but I think that I owed it to LSAC and everyone else that justice be served.

How did this go under appreciated? Lol

bitsy

Postby bitsy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:46 pm

guise, i have a confession. i had a new yorker with me before the test, and the door closed before i could finish the article i was on. i asked the proctor if i had to trash it-- they told me to keep it under my desk. papers of any kind are not allowed :(

i never would have done it, but i was on a bizarre fiction about fairy tale characters boning. I HAD TO KNOW THE END. absolve me of my sins, tls. im a cheating piece of shit.

Aqualibrium

Postby Aqualibrium » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:48 pm

lawhopeful10 wrote:OP you might be the definition of a loser

Agreed. Someone's phone is on silent and goes off before the exam and your dumb ass delays your own test score for something that didn't even have an effect on your test.
Last edited by Aqualibrium on Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lshopes

Postby lshopes » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:54 pm

paratactical wrote:

Explain to me how faculty at a major university can be so fucking bad at reading a thread. You constantly characterize people as condoning cheating without actually paying attention to the fact that no one has said the guy with the iPhone isn't a douche, just that in the measurement of "How Many Vaginas Could I Service", you far outweigh his douchefactor by a measure of at least ten Ke$ha vaginas.

I never accused him of cheating nor did I say anyone condoned cheating. I have said he broke an inviolable rule while affirming he did not. Nothing more.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:01 pm

Wait so other posters know/figured out who OP is?

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:05 pm

Br3v wrote:Wait so other posters know/figured out who OP is?

My guess is that they are all alts of the same person. Post counts are crazy low for all of them.

Tom Joad

Postby Tom Joad » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:05 pm

If all this is true it would be pretty easy to figure out who lshopes is IRL.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:07 pm

paratactical wrote:
Br3v wrote:Wait so other posters know/figured out who OP is?

My guess is that they are all alts of the same person. Post counts are crazy low for all of them.

Twist: OP called LSAC on self

R86

Postby R86 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:12 pm

Br3v wrote:
R86 wrote:I think you did the right thing OP.

My proctor was absolutely negligent when I took the test. So many people brought boxes of pencils, or at least half a dozen. LSAC clearly states you should only bring 3 or 4 pencils on the day of test. It was a pain drawing charicatures of the offenders so I could report them later (I, of course, didn't have my phone to take pictures with) but I think that I owed it to LSAC and everyone else that justice be served.

How did this go under appreciated? Lol

shifty_eyed wrote:This made me laugh the most in this thread. :lol:

deputydog wrote:180

I feel like it was thoroughly appreciated. :lol:

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:06 pm

lshopes wrote:
paratactical wrote:

I never accused him of cheating nor did I say anyone condoned cheating. I have said he broke an inviolable rule while affirming he did not. Nothing more.

In real life, if you don't have damages it doesn't matter.

lshopes

Postby lshopes » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:21 pm

cinephile wrote:
lshopes wrote:
paratactical wrote:

In real life, if you don't have damages it doesn't matter.

Refer back to my DUI post. Damages aren't required to prove a law was broken. You are confusing criminal with civil.

lshopes

Postby lshopes » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:22 pm

And no, I am not saying this guy is a criminal. He broke the rules and lied in his affirmation. We must hold each other responsible. That's a code of honor.

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:23 pm

lshopes wrote:And no, I am not saying this guy is a criminal. He broke the rules and lied in his affirmation. We must hold each other responsible. That's a code of honor.

You want to know the code I follow?

Snitches get stitches.

Postby 20130312 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:24 pm

lshopes wrote:And no, I am not saying this guy is a criminal. He broke the rules and lied in his affirmation. We must hold each other responsible. That's a code of honor.

InGoodFaith wrote:You're an idiot.

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:26 pm

lshopes wrote:Refer back to my DUI post. Damages aren't required to prove a law was broken. You are confusing criminal with civil.

You might as well compare what he did to rape. It's about as offensive to real victims and about as accurate.

mpd1690

Postby mpd1690 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:33 pm

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:34 pm

lshopes wrote:Refer back to my DUI post. Damages aren't required to prove a law was broken. You are confusing criminal with civil.

Lol. Okay, this guy is a criminal. Cell phones are now illegal.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”