Test Center Violations Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Any !idiots at your test center?

Yes: General idiocy
40%
Yes: Test center violation resulting in dismissal of examinee
8%
No: Test takers can follow rules
52%

Total votes: 75

Br3v

Gold

Re: Test Center Violations

Post by Br3v » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:42 pm

mpd1690 wrote:
paratactical wrote:
Br3v wrote:Wait so other posters know/figured out who OP is?
My guess is that they are all alts of the same person. Post counts are crazy low for all of them.
I am fine if you think I am an alias for this crazy woman. I just posted here to vent frustration.

How long of a delay should I expect for my score? I'm so frustrated about this woman. And the reason I knew who she was is that this woman seemed foolishly selfish on test day by interrupting the proctor to say that this guy should be thrown out because he could access the Internet and gain an unfair advantage.
So your def the same person. You write the same.

RodneyBoonfield

Bronze

Post by RodneyBoonfield » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:46 pm

This thread is starting to seriously screw with my head. AND I LOVE IT

lshopes

New

Post by lshopes » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:47 pm

paratactical wrote:
lshopes wrote: Refer back to my DUI post. Damages aren't required to prove a law was broken. You are confusing criminal with civil.
You might as well compare what he did to rape. It's about as offensive to real victims and about as accurate.
You are kidding right? Comparing someone who drives drunk but causes no harm to the forcible sexual assault of another. You should seriously reconsider your career choice.

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:53 pm

lshopes wrote:
paratactical wrote:
lshopes wrote: Refer back to my DUI post. Damages aren't required to prove a law was broken. You are confusing criminal with civil.
You might as well compare what he did to rape. It's about as offensive to real victims and about as accurate.
You are kidding right? Comparing someone who drives drunk but causes no harm to the forcible sexual assault of another. You should seriously reconsider your career choice.
Forcible sex is not rape, duh.

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:00 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote: Forcible sex is not rape, duh.
It's certainly not legitimate rape.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:00 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote: Forcible sex is not rape, duh.
It's certainly not legitimate rape.
If you saw what she was wearing, you'd realize there's no way she didn't want it. She just changed her mind the next morning. Typical.

bobbypin

Bronze

Post by bobbypin » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:03 pm

I am shocked at the hateful responses from the other posters. I too, had a special snowflake that took the test on Saturday. She was let into the test room after 8:30 and thought it was not inappropriate to bring in her cell phone (along with her huge purse and Kaplan LSAT study book). Unfortunately, I know this woman. I know her to act as if the rules do not apply to her. I was miffed that the proctors allowed her to take the test. However, I did not turn her into LSAC because there was no noticeable harm to me.

Yes, she got an advantage that I didn't have. She didn't have to worry that someone would break into her car and steal her stuff. But me turning her in felt like tattling. The only reason I would have to turn her in would be to get her into trouble. That was something that I wasn't willing to do.

Hope your wait isn't too long.

mpd1690

New

Post by mpd1690 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:18 pm

Last edited by mpd1690 on Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:19 pm

bobbypin wrote: Yes, she got an advantage that I didn't have. She didn't have to worry that someone would break into her car and steal her stuff. But me turning her in felt like tattling. The only reason I would have to turn her in would be to get her into trouble. That was something that I wasn't willing to do.
It felt like tattling because it is tattling. And the negative reaction to OP is about the fact that OP is a low-down herpes-licking deformed-labia-loving piss-guzzling tattler. Or rather, because OP is a troll pretending to be a low-down herpes-licking deformed-labia-loving piss-guzzling tattler.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lshopes

New

Post by lshopes » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:24 pm

paratactical wrote:
bobbypin wrote: Yes, she got an advantage that I didn't have. She didn't have to worry that someone would break into her car and steal her stuff. But me turning her in felt like tattling. The only reason I would have to turn her in would be to get her into trouble. That was something that I wasn't willing to do.
It felt like tattling because it is tattling. And the negative reaction to OP is about the fact that OP is a low-down herpes-licking deformed-labia-loving piss-guzzling tattler. Or rather, because OP is a troll pretending to be a low-down herpes-licking deformed-labia-loving piss-guzzling tattler.
The world will be a better place with you as an attorney.

WanderingPondering

Bronze

Post by WanderingPondering » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:26 pm

I love a good troll as much as anyone else. In fact, I've watched Trolls 2 maybe a half dozen times.

But if this lady isn't trolling, I'd seriously kick her in the ovaries. Some of us are trying to get applications out ASAP. Some of us are deciding if we need to take the December LSAT based on this score. In both cases, learning my score later would but me at a serious disadvantage. Why? For what reason? So you can have a little power trip? I'm actually not surprised that you are a university faculty. You're probably the kind of teacher that says a paper is due at 3:00pm and then give the guy who came into class at 3:01 a failing grade.

But why would the LSAC put any credence into her claims? So Professor Herpington says Bobby Fischer had a cell phone. Bobby Fischer says Professor Herpington is lying. Why would the LSAC believe one person over another? They wouldn't.

/rant

lshopes

New

Post by lshopes » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:42 pm

Wormfather wrote:
WanderingPondering wrote:I love a good troll as much as anyone else. In fact, I've watched Trolls 2 maybe a half dozen times.

But if this lady isn't trolling, I'd seriously kick her in the ovaries. Some of us are trying to get applications out ASAP. Some of us are deciding if we need to take the December LSAT based on this score. In both cases, learning my score later would but me at a serious disadvantage. Why? For what reason? So you can have a little power trip? I'm actually not surprised that you are a university faculty. You're probably the kind of teacher that says a paper is due at 3:00pm and then give the guy who came into class at 3:01 a failing grade.

/rant
If you register for the Dec LSAT after October 29th you can add an extra $70 to that fee in addition to having a smaller selection of venues.

The OP did that to everyone who's gonna have to retake.
I did not. LSAC informed me scores would not be emailed in any case before 10/31 so as someone pointed out on the retake thread that deadline will pass before October takers receive scores. Don't let the facts get in the way though.

WanderingPondering

Bronze

Post by WanderingPondering » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:47 pm

lshopes wrote:
Wormfather wrote:
WanderingPondering wrote:I love a good troll as much as anyone else. In fact, I've watched Trolls 2 maybe a half dozen times.

/rant
If you register for the Dec LSAT after October 29th you can add an extra $70 to that fee in addition to having a smaller selection of venues.

I did not. LSAC informed me scores would not be emailed in any case before 10/31 so as someone pointed out on the retake thread that deadline will pass before October takers receive scores. Don't let the facts get in the way though.
Either way bitchface, it will take away prep time for people waiting to see if they need to retake. And hurt those trying to get applications out.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jordizc

New

Post by jordizc » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:54 pm

can someone explain to me how you would even cheat with your phone? during a break? I guess she could get pictures of bubble sheets from other people taking the test, but wouldn't that require someone else to also bring their phone into the testing center, and be able to take a picture of the bubble sheet without proctors noticing? And for that other person to be smart enough to get a desirable score? I just can't see anyone who could get a 160+ doing that. Someone correct me if my logics way off base here...

uvabro

Bronze

Post by uvabro » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:57 pm

I heard al-quada is gonna stop suicide bombing, and do something much more terrorizing and terrible to humanity, bring cell phones into test centers. it's amazing all our politicians waste our time talking about terrorism, drunk driving, sexism and racism when there are real issues out there like cell phones in test centers.

WanderingPondering

Bronze

Post by WanderingPondering » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:01 pm

To recap for those joining us late:

OP did something bad. She should feel bad. But she doesn't feel bad. We are now trying to make her feel bad.

lshopes

New

Post by lshopes » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:04 pm

The OP did that to everyone who's gonna have to retake.[/quote]

I did not. LSAC informed me scores would not be emailed in any case before 10/31 so as someone pointed out on the retake thread that deadline will pass before October takers receive scores. Don't let the facts get in the way though.[/quote]

Either way bitchface, it will take away prep time for people waiting to see if they need to retake. And hurt those trying to get applications out.[/quote]

This makes no sense. No one's prep time is changed. Unless you brought the phone in which case you better study up.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

uvabro

Bronze

Post by uvabro » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:09 pm

lshopes wrote:If you register for the Dec LSAT after October 29th you can add an extra $70 to that fee in addition to having a smaller selection of venues.

I did not. LSAC informed me scores would not be emailed in any case before 10/31 so as someone pointed out on the retake thread that deadline will pass before October takers receive scores. Don't let the facts get in the way though.[/quote]

Either way bitchface, it will take away prep time for people waiting to see if they need to retake. And hurt those trying to get applications out.[/quote]

This makes no sense. No one's prep time is changed. Unless you brought the phone in which case you better study up.[/quote]
People don't know if they need to retake till they get their scores back, genius. Even 175's have a bad day. It would be foolish for them to study when they don't have to as it doesn't matter in law school, and serves no purpose other than the LSAT.

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:13 pm

Scores almost always drop a week or so early.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:23 pm

It's kind of sad that OP is still defending themselves. I'm pretty sure it's not a troll, a troll would've laughed and moved on by now. This is some actual sad shitsack who thinks what they did was not only right, but right enough to brag about and keep bragdefending.

uvabro

Bronze

Post by uvabro » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:28 pm

vanwinkle wrote:It's kind of sad that OP is still defending themselves. I'm pretty sure it's not a troll, a troll would've laughed and moved on by now. This is some actual sad shitsack who thinks what they did was not only right, but right enough to brag about and keep bragdefending.
what do u think they got on their LSAT?

on the reporting thing, i just read from the first page and it was in his bag in clear sight and the proctor let it go suggests maybe he was a diabetic or had some other disease for which he needed constant use to a phone in case medical attention was needed.

if he knew the rules enough to bring a bag, but put the phone in it it suggests acknowledgement. If he was being obnoxiously reckless then why not just put the cell phone in his lap? the events before op's calling LSAC suggest op was wrong.....

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lshopes

New

Post by lshopes » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:29 pm

uvabro wrote:
lshopes wrote:If you register for the Dec LSAT after October 29th you can add an extra $70 to that fee in addition to having a smaller selection of venues.

This makes no sense. No one's prep time is changed. Unless you brought the phone in which case you better study up.[/quote]
People don't know if they need to retake till they get their scores back, genius. Even 175's have a bad day. It would be foolish for them to study when they don't have to as it doesn't matter in law school, and serves no purpose other than the LSAT.[/quote]

Genius the scores WERE NEVER coming before their deadline. Possibly so they can make more late registration money. I had no affect on this.

franklyscarlet

Gold

Post by franklyscarlet » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:31 pm

lshopes wrote:Genius the scores WERE NEVER coming before their deadline. Possibly so they can make more late registration money. I had no affect on this.
Scores never come early, except when they always do.

uvabro

Bronze

Post by uvabro » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:33 pm

OP reminds me of the mother in carrie.

R86

Bronze

Post by R86 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:36 pm

lshopes wrote:I did not. LSAC informed me scores would not be emailed in any case before 10/31 so as someone pointed out on the retake thread that deadline will pass before October takers receive scores. Don't let the facts get in the way though.
lshopes wrote:Genius the scores WERE NEVER coming before their deadline. Possibly so they can make more late registration money. I had no affect on this.

Blatantly wrong but adamant that you're right. I bet your students just think you're a pleasure.

*lightbulb*

*goes to ratemyprofessors.com, filters to Nashville, sorts by rating, lowest first, looks for old boomer lady*
Last edited by R86 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”