Yes: Test center violation resulting in dismissal of examinee
8%
No: Test takers can follow rules
52%

Total votes: 75

lshopes

Test Center Violations

Postby lshopes » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:24 pm

To the idiot at the University of Tennessee center on Saturday who brought the phone into our test center and proceeded to use it in the room before the test: you have been reported to LSAC and identified and your score will be cancelled. I also want to thank you for holding up my score until the investigation is complete. It's not like the 3 week wait isn't already stressful enough, I now have the pleasure of waiting an undetermined amount of time thanks to your actions. Do you think the rules don't apply to you? Did you believe the multiple warnings and certifications that you were not to bring/did not bring ANY electronic devices into the test center did not include your iPhone? Do you really have any business attending any law school? The rules of testing are not hard to understand and I'm amazed at the proctor's lack of adherence to these rules by asking you to turn it off (having it on silent in your bag was ridiculous) instead of dismissing you. Between you and the big, angry late guy, it was quite the interesting day. You should seek him out and make him your new best friend since he, too, apparently believes the rules do not apply to him and it would appear that he can't read either.

Glad you will now have to explain your test center irregularities/score cancellation notation to every law school to which you apply. Enjoy those addenda.

!guywithiphone

dextermorgan

Re: Test Center Violations

Postby dextermorgan » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:29 pm

Did you turn him in, or did a proctor?

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:31 pm

lshopes wrote:To the idiot at the University of Tennessee center on Saturday who brought the phone into our test center and proceeded to use it in the room before the test: you have been reported to LSAC and identified and your score will be cancelled. I also want to thank you for holding up my score until the investigation is complete. It's not like the 3 week wait isn't already stressful enough, I now have the pleasure of waiting an undetermined amount of time thanks to your actions. Do you think the rules don't apply to you? Did you believe the multiple warnings and certifications that you were not to bring/did not bring ANY electronic devices into the test center did not include your iPhone? Do you really have any business attending any law school? The rules of testing are not hard to understand and I'm amazed at the proctor's lack of adherence to these rules by asking you to turn it off (having it on silent in your bag was ridiculous) instead of dismissing you. Between you and the big, angry late guy, it was quite the interesting day. You should seek him out and make him your new best friend since he, too, apparently believes the rules do not apply to him and it would appear that he can't read either.

Glad you will now have to explain your test center irregularities/score cancellation notation to every law school to which you apply. Enjoy those addenda.

!guywithiphone

How did you hold your !rage in until Monday, breh?

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:35 pm

Wait, was he actually cheating or just didn't read the fine print?

Tom Joad

Postby Tom Joad » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:43 pm

OP seems pretty mad.

Sorry about that, dood.

lshopes

Postby lshopes » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:44 pm

I turned him in since the proctor didn't seem to care.
* I wasn't enraged (just annoyed) until I found out it will delay MY score (other than wondering if the bonehead turned it off after the break or was about to get a call asking "dude how was the LSAT lets go buttchug some wine"
* I have no idea if he used it to cheat as I didn't stalk him at the break and doesn't matter anyway as the prohibition of a cell phone was not fine print and LSAC doesn't accept lack of knowledge of the regulations as a defense. The multiple layers of warnings and certifications regarding electronic devices should have, at a minimum, caused him to step up and acknowledge he had the phone but instead he decided to text someone.

abcde12345

Postby abcde12345 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:45 pm

Tom Joad wrote:OP seems pretty mad.

Sorry about that, dood.

Wait Tom Joad! Your old avatar was the best!

I don't understand OP. Was the guy caught with the phone? If he wasn't and OP reported him, OP shot himself in the foot.

luxlisbon

Postby luxlisbon » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:46 pm

Good for you for turning him in. I'm so glad there were no violations/drama at my test center. An extra delay on my score would drive me crazy.

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:47 pm

lshopes wrote:I turned him in since the proctor didn't seem to care.
* I wasn't enraged (just annoyed) until I found out it will delay MY score (other than wondering if the bonehead turned it off after the break or was about to get a call asking "dude how was the LSAT lets go buttchug some wine"
* I have no idea if he used it to cheat as I didn't stalk him at the break and doesn't matter anyway as the prohibition of a cell phone was not fine print and LSAC doesn't accept lack of knowledge of the regulations as a defense. The multiple layers of warnings and certifications regarding electronic devices should have, at a minimum, caused him to step up and acknowledge he had the phone but instead he decided to text someone.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Postby 20130312 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:47 pm

You're an idiot.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:48 pm

luxlisbon wrote:Good for you for turning him in. I'm so glad there were no violations/drama at my test center. An extra delay on my score would drive me crazy.

I'm pretty sure that the University of Tampa lost ALL of the February tests this year. Imagine being on waitlists or wanting a better score for scholarship and then being told you could either retake in June or get your money back.

lshopes

Postby lshopes » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:48 pm

He was caught by the proctor she just failed to dismiss him. She asked him to turn it off which annoyed him greatly as he apparently had it on silent.

abcde12345

Postby abcde12345 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:49 pm

lshopes wrote:He was caught by the proctor she just failed to dismiss him. She asked him to turn it off which annoyed him greatly as he apparently had it on silent.

So if she failed to dismiss him, she probably didn't report it, because then she would look bad for failing to follow procedure?

Is OP a troll?

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:50 pm

You should have just let him get his 147

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:51 pm

lshopes wrote:He was caught by the proctor she just failed to dismiss him. She asked him to turn it off which annoyed him greatly as he apparently had it on silent.
Quoth the para: Total flame.

I just don't get why you would choose to delay your scores over this. And, wow, sucks to be anyone else taking the test with you.

lawhopeful10

Postby lawhopeful10 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:51 pm

I am wondering if they did not dismiss him was he going to be written up anyway causing the delay. If they were not going to report him it seems you doing so ensured the delay that you are fearing.

lshopes

Postby lshopes » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:56 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:You're an idiot.

Exactly why am I the idiot? I did NOTHING wrong. I am also no troll. Generally a very happy go lucky person but after studying, worrying over pictures and baggies I was completely floored by the lack of adherence to the rules. He had a baggie so he must have read the requirements at some point. The reality is I chose to report him knowing it would be likely to delay my score but decided that this was the appropriate course of action. I'm mostly frustrated that he and the proctor put any of us in this position.

I am personally tired of people who think that somehow the rules do not apply to them. Guess if he can't follow rules, he must have bombed LG, esp Zones.

fips tedora

Postby fips tedora » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:57 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
luxlisbon wrote:Good for you for turning him in. I'm so glad there were no violations/drama at my test center. An extra delay on my score would drive me crazy.

I'm pretty sure that the University of Tampa lost ALL of the February tests this year. Imagine being on waitlists or wanting a better score for scholarship and then being told you could either retake in June or get your money back.

Verified as credible. UT kids were butthurt.

lshopes

Postby lshopes » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:00 pm

MTH2 wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:

What issue caused them to lose all tests?

lawhopeful10

Postby lawhopeful10 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:00 pm

OP you might be the definition of a loser

nick_scheu

Postby nick_scheu » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:02 pm

Someone at my test center used a mechanical pencil for the written section, and asked specific permission to do so. They allowed it... I thought no mechanical pencils were allowed at all.

abcde12345

Postby abcde12345 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:02 pm

nick_scheu wrote:Someone at my test center used a mechanical pencil for the written section, and asked specific permission to do so. They allowed it... I thought no mechanical pencils were allowed at all.

Gotta report him! Sorry man. ;)

Postby 20130312 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:03 pm

lshopes wrote:
Exactly why am I the idiot? I did NOTHING wrong. I am also no troll. Generally a very happy go lucky person but after studying, worrying over pictures and baggies I was completely floored by the lack of adherence to the rules. He had a baggie so he must have read the requirements at some point. The reality is I chose to report him knowing it would be likely to delay my score but decided that this was the appropriate course of action. I'm mostly frustrated that he and the proctor put any of us in this position.

I am personally tired of people who think that somehow the rules do not apply to them. Guess if he can't follow rules, he must have bombed LG, esp Zones.

You went out of your way to screw up someone's life at no benefit to yourself. Thus,

InGoodFaith wrote:You're an idiot.

R86

Postby R86 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:03 pm

I think you did the right thing OP.

My proctor was absolutely negligent when I took the test. So many people brought boxes of pencils, or at least half a dozen. LSAC clearly states you should only bring 3 or 4 pencils on the day of test. It was a pain drawing charicatures of the offenders so I could report them later (I, of course, didn't have my phone to take pictures with) but I think that I owed it to LSAC and everyone else that justice be served.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:04 pm

lshopes wrote:
MTH2 wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:

What issue caused them to lose all tests?

Human error. They literally lost the tests

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”