Why doesn't LSAC offer expedited grading for the LSAT

User avatar
abcde12345
Posts: 255
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:41 pm

Re: Why doesn't LSAC offer expedited grading for the LSAT

Postby abcde12345 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:51 am

RCinDNA wrote:It could be doable if candidates paid a fee to have their responses input into a program right after the test. 3-12 hours later, they should at least get a raw score, and a score band based upon 150/50% with an average curve. LSAC could even include a disclaimer reminding people that this score has not been weighed according to the curve for this particular testing session and etc.


That's a good idea. There are some problems with it, of course, such as how do you actually go about implementing these machines? Assuming that you use registered machines to input responses, that gets very expensive. Also, how do you trust the proctors, who, in this case, become responsible for much more than simply checking how may sheets there are?

User avatar
Davidbentley
Posts: 418
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:49 am

Re: Why doesn't LSAC offer expedited grading for the LSAT

Postby Davidbentley » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:09 am

Jesus Christ. This thread is about as useful as debating the ideal height for a unicorn jockey.

User avatar
abcde12345
Posts: 255
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:41 pm

Re: Why doesn't LSAC offer expedited grading for the LSAT

Postby abcde12345 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:37 am

Davidbentley wrote:Jesus Christ. This thread is about as useful as debating the ideal height for a unicorn jockey.


Which sounds like a wonderful and fun debate.

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Why doesn't LSAC offer expedited grading for the LSAT

Postby northwood » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:22 am

Davidbentley wrote:Jesus Christ. This thread is about as useful as debating the ideal height for a unicorn jockey.



4 feet 11 and 3/4 inches

User avatar
RCinDNA
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:55 pm

Re: Why doesn't LSAC offer expedited grading for the LSAT

Postby RCinDNA » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:43 am

northwood wrote:
Davidbentley wrote:Jesus Christ. This thread is about as useful as debating the ideal height for a unicorn jockey.



4 feet 11 and 3/4 inches


I disagree. Clearly, 5 feet 3 and 100-112 lbs is ideal. A unicorn is said to be 14 - 14.5 hands tall, and if we judge the weight of the horn to bring the total weight to 1,150 or so lbs, a jockey of above average weight is clearly needed.

Supporting References:
Height of a Unicorn: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_tall_are_unicorns

I suppose it's sad that while typing this response in an attempt to be humorous at my desk at work before my green tea kicks in, I was thinking of the contrapositives, mapping out the structure, identifying the conclusion & premises, thinking about a point of disagreement question and how a sufficient or necessary assumption question would look with that statement.

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Why doesn't LSAC offer expedited grading for the LSAT

Postby northwood » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:19 am

RCinDNA wrote:
northwood wrote:
Davidbentley wrote:Jesus Christ. This thread is about as useful as debating the ideal height for a unicorn jockey.



4 feet 11 and 3/4 inches


I disagree. Clearly, 5 feet 3 and 100-112 lbs is ideal. A unicorn is said to be 14 - 14.5 hands tall, and if we judge the weight of the horn to bring the total weight to 1,150 or so lbs, a jockey of above average weight is clearly needed.

Supporting References:
Height of a Unicorn: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_tall_are_unicorns

I suppose it's sad that while typing this response in an attempt to be humorous at my desk at work before my green tea kicks in, I was thinking of the contrapositives, mapping out the structure, identifying the conclusion & premises, thinking about a point of disagreement question and how a sufficient or necessary assumption question would look with that statement.



how are we going to ensure that the unicorns dont stab other jockeys during said race? Some sort of unicorn protector or sheath?

I was thinking you might need the jockey to be around 5'1 and 1/4. The key is to have strong core. Might have to find a jockey who is willing to bulk up- because it could be hard to hold on if the unicorns start to fly or there is too much turbulance/ need to protect oneself from the unicorn.

a bigger and heavier jockey might be more difficult for owner to comprehend, though espeically since they are adament about a smaller and lighter jockey and used to those jockeys.


wonder if the animals need special shoes??

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Why doesn't LSAC offer expedited grading for the LSAT

Postby dingbat » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:27 am

northwood wrote:how are we going to ensure that the unicorns dont stab other jockeys during said race? Some sort of unicorn protector or sheath?
Unicorn racing is a blood sport

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Why doesn't LSAC offer expedited grading for the LSAT

Postby northwood » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:14 pm

dingbat wrote:
northwood wrote:how are we going to ensure that the unicorns dont stab other jockeys during said race? Some sort of unicorn protector or sheath?
Unicorn racing is a blood sport



Yes... Question can these unicorns fly? If so are there parachutes available? Or if jockey falls off... Too bad??


I should be paying attention in class but this is much more relevant to my interests

User avatar
CyanIdes Of March
Posts: 743
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: Why doesn't LSAC offer expedited grading for the LSAT

Postby CyanIdes Of March » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:13 pm

Davidbentley wrote:Jesus Christ. This thread is about as useful as debating the ideal height for a unicorn jockey.


This sounds like it could had been a perfect Family Guy cut away.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: earldasquirel, jackstraw92 and 9 guests