Predicting the Score Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
whereskyle

Silver

Predicting the Score

Post by whereskyle » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:01 am

Hey all, I took the LSAT for the first time yesterday. Did well. Had to guess for 3 LR points. Unfortunately, Im obsessed with predicting my score. Any tricks to translating raw scores to scaled scores on one's own. I figure 10 wrong yields a 171. Any other measurements? 5 wrong=176? Any further insight?

Davidbentley

Bronze

Re: Predicting the Score

Post by Davidbentley » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:01 am

whereskyle wrote: Did well.

1. No Tricks.
2. Boards are full of random guessing. Measurement is not a word I would use to describe such guessing.
3. Nope.

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:03 am

Glad to hear to believe you did well. I hope you get good news you are happy with when scores are released.

In the meantime before scores are released, work on application materials and try not to think about the score you achieved since the test is over and there is nothing you can do to change how you performed.

The scale will be whatever the LSAC test construction/psychometric experts put together based on the difficulty of the test-form compared to previous test-forms and the data from the previously administered experimental sections that turned into the scored sections of yesterdays test.

Trying to predict your score for the next few weeks before it is released is a fools errand that will mostly cause unnecessary stress and anxiety, so try to put it out of your mind and just do other things. As well as working on polishing up application materials, have some fun and decide what you are going to wear for Halloween!

whereskyle

Silver

Post by whereskyle » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:06 am

Truly is the best advice. A lesson in waiting for a final judgment or appellate opinion it seems to be.

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:07 am

whereskyle wrote:Truly is the best advice. A lesson in waiting for a final judgment or appellate opinion it seems to be.
No, it's a lesson in life.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hume85

Silver

Post by hume85 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:22 am

Davidbentley wrote:
whereskyle wrote: Did well.

1. No Tricks.
2. Boards are full of random guessing. Measurement is not a word I would use to describe such guessing.
3. Nope.
Great Gif. I love Oasis.

VasaVasori

Silver

Post removed.

Post by VasaVasori » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:34 am

Post removed.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”