Looking for advice for 8 week study plan

Looking for advice for 8 week study plan

Postby bobbypin » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:45 am

I am targeting a 10 point increase. Just took October's test today and plunked down my $160 to retake on Dec 1.

What is a good study plan for someone who needs LG and LR improvement?

Re: Looking for advice for 8 week study plan

Postby SumStalwart » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:32 am

Okay, well, I just sat for my LSAT today and it was a doozy... I am debating "plunking" the money for December-- I think that I am going to wait until the scores are released and pay the late fee (if needed).

I started studying about a month and a half ago, and this schedule worked for me (my initial diagnostic was a 156 :/. Albeit, sleep deprived and jet lagged. No excuses). Before sitting for this LSAT, I was PTing low to mid 170's (174 was my highest timed PT).

Since 2 months isn't a long time, you are going to have to condense things. I started out taking a PT every other day, and on my "off days" I would drill my weaker sections. AR initially was my weakest section. On my drilling days, I would do both timed and untimed games. However, I would recommend timing, just to see how long it takes for you to complete the game, and then moving onto timed sections, once you get comfortable doing the problems. This should be your first week. Also, during this period, I would suggest going through the PS LG and LR bibles. They really do help. Try to finish them both in the first week or two. I didn't see the gains until after I finished reading them.

After two weeks of this, you should be pretty comfortable with the basics. Keep the aforementioned schedule, however, on the "off days," I would simply do untimed sections, and then dissect the problems that I struggled with or got incorrect.

When you start approaching 2 weeks until the LSAT, try to start taking a PT everyday, and analyzing your mistakes. Then drilling the individual problems that you struggle with. It's a lot of work, but it should bump your performance a bunch.

Sorry that this isn't in a coherent timeline, however, it should definitely get you a large score increase.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”