october takers in ASIA - thoughts?

Sjawilton
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:46 am

Re: october takers in ASIA - thoughts?

Postby Sjawilton » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:01 am

reps?

eosphoros
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:21 am

Re: october takers in ASIA - thoughts?

Postby eosphoros » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:08 am

How did you go on the third game? For me, that one was the horrible one (-4 I'm sure), the rest were a breeze.

User avatar
cookiejar1
Posts: 834
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:07 am

Re: october takers in ASIA - thoughts?

Postby cookiejar1 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:29 am

Hey POKEMON AVATAR OP.... YOU SUCK. Okay, not really. I hope you did much better this time. Its just that when I was reading about how you underperformed during LG in the June 2012 I thought to myself, "wow that sucks for you but I'm so good at LG this will never happen to me."

It happened to me. On the third game I was convinced I made the wrong inference (I thought 3 answers could have been right out of the 5 ACs on one question) so I kept going back to make sure I didn't screw up. I was so shocked that I was doing poorly in LG that I completely forgot about my timing and moved on to the next game only when the proctor gave us the 5 minute warning. I would be luckily if I got 5 out of the last 10 correct. Oh god, oh god, oh god.

I'm not canceling though because I thought all LRs seemed sooooooooo easy. I finished each with 5 minutes to spare... Basically I'm hoping that my LR carries my LG... Although for all my PTs it's been about my LG picking up my LR slack.

Damn! That's life, I guess.

eosphoros
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:21 am

Re: october takers in ASIA - thoughts?

Postby eosphoros » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:33 am

cookiejar1 wrote:It happened to me. On the third game I was convinced I made the wrong inference (I thought 3 answers could have been right out of the 5 ACs on one question) so I kept going back to make sure I didn't screw up. I was so shocked that I was doing poorly in LG that I completely forgot about my timing and moved on to the next game only when the proctor gave us the 5 minute warning. I would be luckily if I got 5 out of the last 10 correct. Oh god, oh god, oh god.


Luckily my game 3 failure didn't affect game 4. When I first came across game 3 and read all those variables, I instinctively decided to skip it and save it for last. Glad I was right.

During practice, there was at least once or twice where I read a game and made the same decision to skip it, only to come back to it and find that it was actually quite easy.

User avatar
cookiejar1
Posts: 834
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:07 am

Re: october takers in ASIA - thoughts?

Postby cookiejar1 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:34 am

Rando overachiever question: do the Asian tests get re-curved? In the other thread we were discussing how the Asian administrations were readministrations of previous, undisclosed tests. So.... There's already a curve set with that population, yeah?

Anyways I sincerely hope that we all collectively screwed up on LG. that's right. I'm that selfish.

gotolawschool
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:31 am

Re: october takers in ASIA - thoughts?

Postby gotolawschool » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:37 am

wow everyone seems to have found the lr section really easy...

i had lr experimental and i thought the third one (section 4) was so extremely hard. did anyone else find it significantly harder than the first two, or was i just losing concentration after the first three sections?

btw, there's no chance section 4 was exp, is there?

User avatar
cookiejar1
Posts: 834
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:07 am

Re: october takers in ASIA - thoughts?

Postby cookiejar1 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:39 am

gotolawschool wrote:wow everyone seems to have found the lr section really easy...

i had lr experimental and i thought the third one (section 4) was so extremely hard. did anyone else find it significantly harder than the first two, or was i just losing concentration after the first three sections?

btw, there's no chance section 4 was exp, is there?

I "think" that was the experimental because half the room had and LR for sec. 4 and half the room had an easy LG. Of course I wouldn't put it past LSAC to switch 1 and 4 with each other etc etc etc

sokomofo
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:49 am

Re: october takers in ASIA - thoughts?

Postby sokomofo » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:40 am

.
Last edited by sokomofo on Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
defdef
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:11 am

Re: october takers in ASIA - thoughts?

Postby defdef » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:43 am

gotolawschool wrote:wow everyone seems to have found the lr section really easy...

i had lr experimental and i thought the third one (section 4) was so extremely hard. did anyone else find it significantly harder than the first two, or was i just losing concentration after the first three sections?

btw, there's no chance section 4 was exp, is there?


i thought the LR that ended with joan lee was tough as heck. (section 5, i had LGx)

sokomofo
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:49 am

Re: october takers in ASIA - thoughts?

Postby sokomofo » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:44 am

.
Last edited by sokomofo on Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
cookiejar1
Posts: 834
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:07 am

Re: october takers in ASIA - thoughts?

Postby cookiejar1 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:44 am

sokomofo wrote:
cookiejar1 wrote:Hey POKEMON AVATAR OP.... YOU SUCK. Okay, not really. I hope you did much better this time. Its just that when I was reading about how you underperformed during LG in the June 2012 I thought to myself, "wow that sucks for you but I'm so good at LG this will never happen to me."

It happened to me. On the third game I was convinced I made the wrong inference (I thought 3 answers could have been right out of the 5 ACs on one question) so I kept going back to make sure I didn't screw up. I was so shocked that I was doing poorly in LG that I completely forgot about my timing and moved on to the next game only when the proctor gave us the 5 minute warning. I would be luckily if I got 5 out of the last 10 correct. Oh god, oh god, oh god.

I'm not canceling though because I thought all LRs seemed sooooooooo easy. I finished each with 5 minutes to spare... Basically I'm hoping that my LR carries my LG... Although for all my PTs it's been about my LG picking up my LR slack.

Damn! That's life, I guess.


hey, i think you're confusing me with someone else hahah.. i dont have a pokemon tar and neither have i taken the june 2012 LSAT.

but yeah the third game will forever haunt me. i also felt that i must had made a huge inference mistake. my hypotheticals were just not working... the problem for me was that the stimulus didnt really say that each actor had to be in either of the play. first i assumed that everyone would be in the plays with one of them being in two of them at the same time (the leader). but then all the AC's on one of the questions didnt work, then i started questioning if it's possible that more than one actor can be in both of the plays at the same time. realizing this, i started panicking, and to be honest i still don't know. i really think that it's possible that i got all of them wrong, or all of them right. god damn it lol

ugh im trying to not think about this any further but it's not working hahaha.


In the same boat. There's a particular inference about one variable of a group requiring one member to be in both groups + another rule about two variables that can't be grouped with a third variable that SCREWED ME. I'm trying to be as vague as I can, hopefully you get me.

Oh, and I'm bad at Internet lingo. I meant the poster who has the Pokemon avatar in the egg shell thing... He'll come around later...

User avatar
cookiejar1
Posts: 834
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:07 am

Re: october takers in ASIA - thoughts?

Postby cookiejar1 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:46 am

Alright my social support group... I'm off to drink and forget. Be back with drunken tears and bargaining pleas later tonight...

gotolawschool
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:31 am

Re: october takers in ASIA - thoughts?

Postby gotolawschool » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:48 am

defdef wrote:
gotolawschool wrote:wow everyone seems to have found the lr section really easy...

i had lr experimental and i thought the third one (section 4) was so extremely hard. did anyone else find it significantly harder than the first two, or was i just losing concentration after the first three sections?

btw, there's no chance section 4 was exp, is there?


i thought the LR that ended with joan lee was tough as heck. (section 5, i had LGx)


you mean the parallel reasoning one right? joan not elected etc etc. yeah i think that was the section i found really hard.
i guess this means it wasn't experimental. dang it.

gotolawschool
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:31 am

Re: october takers in ASIA - thoughts?

Postby gotolawschool » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:51 am

cookiejar1 wrote:
sokomofo wrote:
cookiejar1 wrote:Hey POKEMON AVATAR OP.... YOU SUCK. Okay, not really. I hope you did much better this time. Its just that when I was reading about how you underperformed during LG in the June 2012 I thought to myself, "wow that sucks for you but I'm so good at LG this will never happen to me."

It happened to me. On the third game I was convinced I made the wrong inference (I thought 3 answers could have been right out of the 5 ACs on one question) so I kept going back to make sure I didn't screw up. I was so shocked that I was doing poorly in LG that I completely forgot about my timing and moved on to the next game only when the proctor gave us the 5 minute warning. I would be luckily if I got 5 out of the last 10 correct. Oh god, oh god, oh god.

I'm not canceling though because I thought all LRs seemed sooooooooo easy. I finished each with 5 minutes to spare... Basically I'm hoping that my LR carries my LG... Although for all my PTs it's been about my LG picking up my LR slack.

Damn! That's life, I guess.


hey, i think you're confusing me with someone else hahah.. i dont have a pokemon tar and neither have i taken the june 2012 LSAT.

but yeah the third game will forever haunt me. i also felt that i must had made a huge inference mistake. my hypotheticals were just not working... the problem for me was that the stimulus didnt really say that each actor had to be in either of the play. first i assumed that everyone would be in the plays with one of them being in two of them at the same time (the leader). but then all the AC's on one of the questions didnt work, then i started questioning if it's possible that more than one actor can be in both of the plays at the same time. realizing this, i started panicking, and to be honest i still don't know. i really think that it's possible that i got all of them wrong, or all of them right. god damn it lol

ugh im trying to not think about this any further but it's not working hahaha.


In the same boat. There's a particular inference about one variable of a group requiring one member to be in both groups + another rule about two variables that can't be grouped with a third variable that SCREWED ME. I'm trying to be as vague as I can, hopefully you get me.

Oh, and I'm bad at Internet lingo. I meant the poster who has the Pokemon avatar in the egg shell thing... He'll come around later...



yeah the third game was really hard. i remember a question about who can't lead play H. totally guessed Tom for that one.

eosphoros
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:21 am

Re: october takers in ASIA - thoughts?

Postby eosphoros » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:52 am

I don't think that these tests will be re-curved. No proof, but I am sure I read it somewhere before.

cookiejar1 wrote:Anyways I sincerely hope that we all collectively screwed up on LG. that's right. I'm that selfish.


Seems like quite a few people screwed either game 3 or 4.

cookiejar1 wrote:I "think" that was the experimental because half the room had and LR for sec. 4 and half the room had an easy LG.


I don't think that's the way it works. The four scored sections are presented in different orders depending on your paper. Of course, I may be wrong.

defdef wrote:i thought the LR that ended with joan lee was tough as heck. (section 5, i had LGx)


I don't remember this question. It might be because it was my section 1. I didn't get to read the last question (other than Qs LG3, the only other question I blind guessed)

What were some of the others to jog my memory?

User avatar
defdef
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:11 am

Re: october takers in ASIA - thoughts?

Postby defdef » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:54 am

gotolawschool wrote:
defdef wrote:
gotolawschool wrote:wow everyone seems to have found the lr section really easy...

i had lr experimental and i thought the third one (section 4) was so extremely hard. did anyone else find it significantly harder than the first two, or was i just losing concentration after the first three sections?

btw, there's no chance section 4 was exp, is there?


i thought the LR that ended with joan lee was tough as heck. (section 5, i had LGx)


you mean the parallel reasoning one right? joan not elected etc etc. yeah i think that was the section i found really hard.
i guess this means it wasn't experimental. dang it.


yeah that was the one. it will haunt me for all time

eosphoros wrote:
What were some of the others to jog my memory?


mmm, the stones in the river i think was the same section

gotolawschool
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:31 am

Re: october takers in ASIA - thoughts?

Postby gotolawschool » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:56 am

eosphoros wrote:I don't think that these tests will be re-curved. No proof, but I am sure I read it somewhere before.

cookiejar1 wrote:Anyways I sincerely hope that we all collectively screwed up on LG. that's right. I'm that selfish.


Seems like quite a few people screwed either game 3 or 4.

cookiejar1 wrote:I "think" that was the experimental because half the room had and LR for sec. 4 and half the room had an easy LG.


I don't think that's the way it works. The four scored sections are presented in different orders depending on your paper. Of course, I may be wrong.

defdef wrote:i thought the LR that ended with joan lee was tough as heck. (section 5, i had LGx)


I don't remember this question. It might be because it was my section 1. I didn't get to read the last question (other than Qs LG3, the only other question I blind guessed)

What were some of the others to jog my memory?




i think the joan one was the parallel reasoning one that said somethin like if joan is not elected, its either a or b. not a, so b. i think that's the section i found significatnly more difficult than the other two.. on that same section i think there was another q about intl. trade in europe?

gotolawschool
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:31 am

Re: october takers in ASIA - thoughts?

Postby gotolawschool » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:58 am

eosphoros wrote:
What were some of the others to jog my memory?


mmm, the stones in the river i think was the same section[/quote]


i'm totally blanking out on the stones in the river question..

sokomofo
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:49 am

Re: october takers in ASIA - thoughts?

Postby sokomofo » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:01 am

.
Last edited by sokomofo on Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
SumStalwart
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:37 am

Re: october takers in ASIA - thoughts?

Postby SumStalwart » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:06 am

I just took the test and my layout was: LR RC LR LR AR. I found out that the second LR was the experimental--killed that one (10 minutes to spare). I think that I did well... overall, with the exception of RC. That was pretty tough for me. Hopefully, all of my other sections pull me through to a 17x.

eosphoros
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:21 am

Re: october takers in ASIA - thoughts?

Postby eosphoros » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:08 am

Ahh yep. I remember the Joan Lee question now. That would have been my section 3 (second LR section). Thought that section was fine except I did have a little trouble deciding on stones in the river. Usually, I eliminate wrongs and confirm that the remaining one is correct, but I couldn't confirm it was correct, nor did a re-read tell me that I had eliminated the correct answer. So I just rolled with what I had.

Does anyone remember an LR section (those who had other experimentals) with a question about running shoes and injuries toward the end of a section? I believe the same section had the question about actor/agent contract earlier in it.

EDIT:
SumStalwart wrote:I just took the test and my layout was: LR RC LR LR AR. I found out that the second LR was the experimental--killed that one (10 minutes to spare). I think that I did well... overall, with the exception of RC. That was pretty tough for me. Hopefully, all of my other sections pull me through to a 17x.


How do you know the second LR was experimental? I thought that was the one with Joan Lee and the stones in the river...

User avatar
SumStalwart
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:37 am

Re: october takers in ASIA - thoughts?

Postby SumStalwart » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:13 am

A few other test-takers and I were comparing sections and we figured out the one section that we didn't have in common was that LR (we used specific questions to check).

eosphoros
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:21 am

Re: october takers in ASIA - thoughts?

Postby eosphoros » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:14 am

SumStalwart wrote:A few other test-takers and I were comparing sections and we figured out the one section that we didn't have in common was that LR (we used specific questions to check).


hmmm okay then. Can you refresh my memory as to some of the Q topics?

gotolawschool
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:31 am

Re: october takers in ASIA - thoughts?

Postby gotolawschool » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:17 am

eosphoros wrote:Ahh yep. I remember the Joan Lee question now. That would have been my section 3 (second LR section). Thought that section was fine except I did have a little trouble deciding on stones in the river. Usually, I eliminate wrongs and confirm that the remaining one is correct, but I couldn't confirm it was correct, nor did a re-read tell me that I had eliminated the correct answer. So I just rolled with what I had.

can anyone remind me what the stones in the river question was all about? totally blanking out..

Does anyone remember an LR section (those who had other experimentals) with a question about running shoes and injuries toward the end of a section? I believe the same section had the question about actor/agent contract earlier in it.

EDIT:
SumStalwart wrote:I just took the test and my layout was: LR RC LR LR AR. I found out that the second LR was the experimental--killed that one (10 minutes to spare). I think that I did well... overall, with the exception of RC. That was pretty tough for me. Hopefully, all of my other sections pull me through to a 17x.


How do you know the second LR was experimental? I thought that was the one with Joan Lee and the stones in the river...




yeah i remember that running shoes question. actor/agent is a little fuzzy.

i remember jones lee and europe trade 7th 8th century to be 3rd lr, which was section 4 for me.. am i wrong?

User avatar
defdef
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:11 am

Re: october takers in ASIA - thoughts?

Postby defdef » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:21 am

running shoes/actoragent must have been experimental because unless i napped through those, i didn't have em

joan lee/european trade was real


(side note, that first sentence makes me wonder if they've ever considered doing a logic game based on lsat takers trying to guess which was the experimental section.)




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], kryptik, Rogah and 11 guests