october takers in ASIA - thoughts?

sokomofo

october takers in ASIA - thoughts?

Postby sokomofo » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:45 am

Last edited by sokomofo on Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

toothbrush

Re: october takers in ASIA - thoughts?

Postby toothbrush » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:47 am

x
Last edited by toothbrush on Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sokomofo

Postby sokomofo » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:50 am

Last edited by sokomofo on Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pigorhen2

Postby pigorhen2 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:16 am

Ok so I had RC LR LG LG LR

I wasn't sure which one was experimental, now that I'm sure it was the hard one that was experimental....wow....then I absolutely sucked.
Did you game RC on photography and motion sickness?
Test taker from NZ...

pigorhen2

Postby pigorhen2 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:18 am

by the way still too much details about games in your post lol

sokomofo

Postby sokomofo » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:29 am

Last edited by sokomofo on Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

defdef

Postby defdef » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:37 am

I had same test and same structure as pig. I was bummed to find out that the lg youre talking about was the real one because the experimental was far easier. That said, i think the second game of the real lg was ridiculously easy (or i got them all wrong). I thought the game you described wasnt too bad. The second lr (joan lee) was tough for me and im not too sure about the rc.. I feel like i got +-2 my previous score

pigorhen2

Postby pigorhen2 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:38 am

I feel crap... the first "experimental" LG, I finished it with more than 10 min to spare and thinking there is no way I can get a single one wrong. Maybe I was right, but when I just discovered that it was the fake, and the one i sucked was the real, I'm crushed...
pm'd you btw

pigorhen2

Postby pigorhen2 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:41 am

Really def? lol I agree with soko that the third question is a nightmare, total nightmare, I literally, skipped it when I first saw it, and I kinda worked my way through question four, and guessed the last one a bit, but the rest I figured them out (hopefully they were right).
When I returned to the third question, I had like 2 minutes, so I closed my eyes and filled the sheet with all Cs...

Edit: I agree the experimental LG and the first 2 games of the real LG is ridiculously easy like omg easy. Then turn over the page the world collapsed on me...Let's see 5 closed eyes C total guessing probably wouldnt get me far...

Considering cancel

Squiddy

Postby Squiddy » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:47 am

Wow sokomofo, we had the exact same layout. I also took the test this morning at Yonsei.

LG is usually my strongest section but I totally effed up today. :( I'm really sad. hahaha. Which one was experimental... the first or second LR?

Ramsey

Postby Ramsey » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:48 am

RC: I almost stayed up the night (due to a series of unforeseen and unpreventable events) so I drank too much coffee and became too excited. I mismanaged time and did not finish the last three questions. RC is usually my best section so I feel doomed...

LR: Easy but I'm prone to stupid mistakes....

LG: the first three was TOO EASY - I became scared and slowed down to check answers. Then the last game came, which I found really time-consuming. I barely finished the section but I'm not sure about the last one...

LG: slightly harder than the first LG, but still manageable.

LR: Easy, but I was by then overwhelmed by fatigue so I'm not sure...

Writing: I dozed off and did not finish even the half of the given space. I sucked.

OVERALL: the test itself wasn't too bad (-10 curve?) but I did not manage my time well. I'm seriously thinking about signing up for Dec test.

Squiddy

Postby Squiddy » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:53 am

Did anyone else also think the Proctors were really strict? lol.

Sjawilton

Postby Sjawilton » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:59 am

Ramsay––had the same test layout as you.
Section 3 for me had the 3 really really easy games and then one really hard time consuming game,
but from what I'm reading it seems like this one was the experimental and the LG after the break was the real deal,
which was a little harder because it was more consistently hard.

billiris321

Postby billiris321 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:59 am

I'm from Australia. I did my test in Sydney. I found the logical reasoning sections were fairly standard. I struggled with the reading comp though.

Oh and the general consensus is that the first LG section was the experimental? It was ridiculously easy.

Lighthouseman

Postby Lighthouseman » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:09 am

Had the same test, RC, LR, LG, LG, LR. Very disappointed about the experimental logic game. Found RC a bit hard too.

defdef

Postby defdef » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:23 am

Heres hoping its a -12 curve

eosphoros

Postby eosphoros » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:50 am

Took the test in Sydney. Had LR-RC-LR-LR-LG. As others have confirmed, the LG with the third game being actors and plays was the real one. Horrible LG. First two and last one were easy as piss though. I think game three got me a -4 for sure.

I really hope the first LR was experimental. It wasn't super hard or anything (in fact all of them were quite standard), it just took me a few minutes to get into the mindset of doing the paper so I was quite slow to start. Didn't even have time to finish the last Q so had to guess that one whereas I usually finish the section with 3 or 4 minutes to go, allowing me to review some questions that I wasn't totally 100% on.

RC was a little hard to judge. I think my failure to finish the last Q on LR affected me for the first passage so I don't remember it well. Though I do remember the others. Flood passage(s) were a little tricky I thought, Photography was fine, as was motion sickness.

Does anyone know which LR was experimental? My third LR section had the running shoes Q.

geary86

Postby geary86 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:09 am

sokomofo wrote:i took it in south korea this morning.

i had LR RC LR LR LG

all the other sections were fine for me - i had more spare time than usual. the games however... shit. the first 2 games were super easy, but the third one about actors (2 plays with male/female actors) killed me. i had to guess on two of them (albeit not completely cold guessing), and i'm not sure about the other questions either. i was very unsure about all of the answers on that one. i kinda guessed on one of the questions on the 4th game too because the third one took too much time. damn it!

well i hope that i performed better on the other sections to counteract the sub-par LG performance...

for references, on RC, i had a topic about a motion sickness, and a comparative one about flooding.

I also took it at Yonsei this morning and had LR RC LR LR LG...

I found all three LR sections to be pretty much in line with PTs...

LG was a bit time consuming but somehow I managed to answer them all..

The real trouble for me was the RC... I spent so much time on the flood passage that by the time I got to the motion sickness passage, I only had 5 minutes left... I panicked and I'm thinking of cancelling right now... :(

sokomofo

Postby sokomofo » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:29 am

Last edited by sokomofo on Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sokomofo

Postby sokomofo » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:31 am

Last edited by sokomofo on Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tracy77

Postby tracy77 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:44 am

i had LR RC LR LR LG

all the other sections were fine for me - i had more spare time than usual. the games however... shit. the first 2 games were super easy, but the third one about actors (2 plays with male/female actors) killed me. i had to guess on two of them (albeit not completely cold guessing), and i'm not sure about the other questions either. i was very unsure about all of the answers on that one. i kinda guessed on one of the questions on the 4th game too because the third one took too much time. damn it!

well i hope that i performed better on the other sections to counteract the sub-par LG performance...

for references, on RC, i had a topic about a motion sickness, and a comparative one about flooding.

I don't feel very good about the first two passages of RC. Probably because I still felt a bit sleepy. Kind of feeling lost on the first passage (but seems still manageable). But the second passage is really difficult for me. I think I guessed 3 or so in RC.

Also don't feel very good about the last game (in the second LG). I'm still pretty confused about that! lol

eosphoros

Postby eosphoros » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:46 am

tracy77 wrote:

i had LR RC LR LR LG

I don't feel very good about the first two passages of RC. Probably because I still felt a bit sleepy. Kind of feeling lost on the first passage (but seems still manageable). But the second passage is really difficult for me. I think I guessed 3 or so in RC.

Also don't feel very good about the last game (in the second LG). I'm still pretty confused about that! lol

Was that the one about which nights people can work?

tracy77

Postby tracy77 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:54 am

eosphoros wrote:
tracy77 wrote:

i had LR RC LR LR LG

Was that the one about which nights people can work?

You mean the last game of the second LG? I remember it's about assigning people to Friday and Saturday.

defdef

Postby defdef » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:56 am

last game was reps/fri and sat

tracy77

Postby tracy77 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:58 am

defdef wrote:last game was reps/fri and sat

I simply can't work out the last question of this game. I felt all of them are possible....! And also another one in this game. But perhaps I misunderstood one condition.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”