December 2012 Re-takers

Lenahan3

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Lenahan3 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:47 am

gguuueessttt wrote:
bitsy wrote:
mrizza wrote:Ya you guys are right, it might reflect poorly on me...

I like the Biebs shirt idea. Rules are it has to have sparkley shit on it and his face has to take up at least half of the shirt.

i will accept these terms, but recent evidence has surfaced that facial hair shame does not have a significant impact on mrizza. anyone have ideas to heighten the bet to bieber-shirt-first-impression-on-fellow-law-students levels?

he should get a hairdo like this bad boy on the first day of classes.

YES.

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:49 am

gguuueessttt wrote:
bitsy wrote:

I like the Biebs shirt idea. Rules are it has to have sparkley shit on it and his face has to take up at least half of the shirt.

i will accept these terms, but recent evidence has surfaced that facial hair shame does not have a significant impact on mrizza. anyone have ideas to heighten the bet to bieber-shirt-first-impression-on-fellow-law-students levels?

make it say bitsy

grows back in a few days

seems fair

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:51 am

sinfiery wrote:
gguuueessttt wrote:
bitsy wrote:

make it say bitsy

grows back in a few days

seems fair

Went from avatar bet to this...

ETA: That was not implicit acceptance.

chadbrochill

Postby chadbrochill » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:06 am

Make him go to NU ASW decked out in HLS or UChicago gear :lol:

HawkeyeGirl

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:19 am

chadbrochill wrote:Make him go to NU ASW decked out in HLS or UChicago Cooley gear :lol:

chadbrochill

Postby chadbrochill » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:27 am

HawkeyeGirl wrote:
chadbrochill wrote:Make him go to NU ASW decked out in HLS or UChicago Cooley gear :lol:

Image Image

LOL they look like those ironic Abercrombie sweaters

1TLStudent

Postby 1TLStudent » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:31 am

chadbrochill wrote:
HawkeyeGirl wrote:

Image Image

LOL they look like those ironic Abercrombie sweaters

+1

HawkeyeGirl

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:16 am

Can someone explain PT35 S1 Q21. I debated b and e for a really long time and decided on B because the patient was worrying about fatigue and getting more than 2 hours of sleep. Is it because it says "do the most to alleviate" instead of completely alleviate?

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:26 am

HawkeyeGirl wrote:Can someone explain PT35 S1 Q21. I debated b and e for a really long time and decided on B because the patient was worrying about fatigue and getting more than 2 hours of sleep. Is it because it says "do the most to alleviate" instead of completely alleviate?

The prompt says that only 4-6 hours of sleep is part of the reason why the patient is feeling fatigued. So even if you assume B, it has already been stated that 4-6 versus the assumed 8 is a reason for the ailment so it doesn't explain why they wouldn't suggest one should sleep more.

If B said completely alleviate, it would overturn the assumption in the prompt (this was determined to contribute to the patient's condition) and would be correct.

E works within the prompt and explains why something should not be suggested even if it was previously mentioned that not doing that something was at least part of the reason a problem existed.

chadbrochill

Postby chadbrochill » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:31 am

HawkeyeGirl wrote:Can someone explain PT35 S1 Q21. I debated b and e for a really long time and decided on B because the patient was worrying about fatigue and getting more than 2 hours of sleep. Is it because it says "do the most to alleviate" instead of completely alleviate?

I give it a shot:

B suggests advising more sleep won't help that much since patient already gets 2 hrs, most benefits are done.
D suggests that advising patient to sleep more would make things worse for the patient.

D being a stronger reason for Doctor to not advise to sleep more.
Last edited by chadbrochill on Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

HawkeyeGirl

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:31 am

sinfiery wrote:

The prompt says that only 4-6 hours of sleep is part of the reason why the patient is feeling fatigued. So even if you assume B, it has already been stated that 4-6 versus the assumed 8 is a reason for the ailment so it doesn't explain why they wouldn't suggest one should sleep more.

If B said completely alleviate, it would overturn the assumption in the prompt (this was determined to contribute to the patient's condition) and would be correct.

E works within the prompt and explains why something should not be suggested even if it was previously mentioned that doing that something was at least part of the reason a problem existed.

Thanks sinf, very helpful. I had 10 minutes left on this section, I think I need to slow down to make sure I catch everything.

M.M.

Postby M.M. » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:48 am

What are the conditions for this bet ?

zniha

Postby zniha » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:49 am

Just worked on 16 LG questions giving myself a gracious 9 minutes per section. I seem to really struggle with any games that incorporate sequencing with another type or selection with another type. Any advice would be great to get over this hump. When games are not combining more than one type of game I kill them, when they do I become totally screwed.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:53 am

M.M. wrote:What are the conditions for this bet ?

top score on retake

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:53 am

zniha wrote:Just worked on 16 LG questions giving myself a gracious 9 minutes per section. I seem to really struggle with any games that incorporate sequencing with another type or selection with another type. Any advice would be great to get over this hump. When games are not combining more than one type of game I kill them, when they do I become totally screwed.

What guides have you used so far?

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:55 am

zniha wrote:Just worked on 16 LG questions giving myself a gracious 9 minutes per section. I seem to really struggle with any games that incorporate sequencing with another type or selection with another type. Any advice would be great to get over this hump. When games are not combining more than one type of game I kill them, when they do I become totally screwed.

When I set these games up, it's always daunting how many possibilities there are.

That's where attacking the questions really helps you because they generally ask very specific questions/help you decide where to begin on these types of games. Don't take forever setting them up.

When on the questions, first you want to figure out whose in the group, then you want to sequence them.

megagnarley

Postby megagnarley » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:06 am

Does anyone know if there's anyway to buy and download PT sections by type?

I want to drill the daylights out of RC but didn't have the foresight to photocopy and so all of my PT books are marked up, which is bad news seeing as I'm trying a new annotating strategy.

If only I had all the clean RC sections in one binder...

Edit: Nevermind I found it. If anyone wants the link http://www.cambridgelsat.com/sections/r ... rehension/

zniha

Postby zniha » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:09 am

mrizza wrote:

I have used just Kaplan at this point, have considered getting the LG Bible. Is it worth it?

zniha

Postby zniha » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:10 am

sinfiery wrote:

When I set these games up, it's always daunting how many possibilities there are.

That's where attacking the questions really helps you because they generally ask very specific questions/help you decide where to begin on these types of games. Don't take forever setting them up.

When on the questions, first you want to figure out whose in the group, then you want to sequence them.

Thanks, so you don't recommend as much diagraming for these games?

HawkeyeGirl

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:11 am

zniha wrote:
mrizza wrote:

I have used just Kaplan at this point, have considered getting the LG Bible. Is it worth it?

I thought the PS Bible was really good. Definitely made things click for me. I never used Kaplan. Now I go usually -0/-1 but on oct. 2012 i went -2

HawkeyeGirl

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:18 am

Do you guys think studying while tired (aka right now at 1:15AM) is worth it? One one hand I think it really helps, because if I can force myself to stay focused while tired, any bizzaro circumstances on test day shouldn't phase me. On the other hand, I wonder if it's really even helping me at all or just going in one year out the other. I just ask cause I really have no other choice but to study late at night and on the weekends...

zniha

Postby zniha » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:19 am

HawkeyeGirl wrote:
zniha wrote:
mrizza wrote:

I thought the PS Bible was really good. Definitely made things click for me. I never used Kaplan. Now I go usually -0/-1 but on oct. 2012 i went -2

Well that is a hell of a lot better than I did. I need to figure this out fast ha!

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:22 am

HawkeyeGirl wrote:Do you guys think studying while tired (aka right now at 1:15AM) is worth it? One one hand I think it really helps, because if I can force myself to stay focused while tired, any bizzaro circumstances on test day shouldn't phase me. On the other hand, I wonder if it's really even helping me at all or just going in one year out the other. I just ask cause I really have no other choice but to study late at night and on the weekends...

Maybe going over your old tests and doing untimed drilling, but I wouldn't do anything that requires a lot of focus.

HawkeyeGirl

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:24 am

mrizza wrote:
HawkeyeGirl wrote:Do you guys think studying while tired (aka right now at 1:15AM) is worth it? One one hand I think it really helps, because if I can force myself to stay focused while tired, any bizzaro circumstances on test day shouldn't phase me. On the other hand, I wonder if it's really even helping me at all or just going in one year out the other. I just ask cause I really have no other choice but to study late at night and on the weekends...

Maybe going over your old tests and doing untimed drilling, but I wouldn't do anything that requires a lot of focus.

I guess I feel like I will not optimize the 3.5 weeks remaining if I don't kill myself studying and then get a shit score again.

Edit: My mantra is "you can do anything for 10 weeks" (how long my IB internship was). And I firmly believe given you're satisfying basic human needs, that's true.

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:26 am

zniha wrote:
Thanks, so you don't recommend as much diagraming for these games?

If I were you, I would buy the PS LG bible now (Or apparently the Manhattan LG book) and go through it very intently. This will be a very good use of your time, pay attention.

Then worry about these issues afterwards.

mrizza wrote:

+1

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”