December 2012 Re-takers

Lenahan3

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Lenahan3 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:20 am

NoodleyOne wrote:COUNTER PROPOSAL then.

Idc enough to accept the proposal. I bet Mrizza will though.

GabeQuixote

Postby GabeQuixote » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:22 am

Lenahan3 wrote:

I think having a 180 is reward enough as it is.

As would being able to choose Noodley's avatar.

Sure it's likely he'll be choosing yours so you should be able to choose his if you:

-beat his raw score
-tie or beat his scaled score

99.9luft

Postby 99.9luft » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:24 am

another bet: any straight male that scores below a 170 in Dec. will get dick-slapped by Worm.

Negative reinforcement, bitches.

bitsy

Postby bitsy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:24 am

HawkeyeGirl wrote:Another question: Cambridge Law 68-69 q26. I don't know why c isn't right. Isn't C the whole point of the passage? I get how B is correct, I just don't see how C is wrong. Thanks

haha i put the same thing. according to the kaplan explanation, we cannot infer that any of the current rules in place do not date back to the common law--as it says in the last sentence, the nonexclusion principle is a presumption, not a rule. from the text, we only have evidence that some of the old common law rules were abandoned.

HawkeyeGirl

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:25 am

Lenahan3 wrote:

If he won't sober, he definitely will when he's drunk. Most confident and persistent drunk I've ever seen lol

gguuueessttt

Postby gguuueessttt » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:26 am

GabeQuixote wrote:
1TLStudent wrote:noodley, you have any advice for how to cut down RC time? I get between -2/-0 for RC untimed (40 min roughly) and ive been averaging -6/-7 when I time it..i already dont make any notes so I cant cut time their. I just read and maybe make a couple in text notations/ underline

That's why I'm doing RC passages in 7 minutes . . . read it through quickly, for content and understanding once then go to the questions.

I averaged -1 per RC section without having to go back to the passage.

I think gabe's advice is good. This is what I did with games in October because I wanted to make sure I wouldn't feel rushed. I had run out of time on games in a couple of practice sections and I was doing similarly to you, score-wise (-0 untimed, -4ish timed).Ended up working really well, and I finished the Oct games section with around 5 minutes to spare.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:27 am

HawkeyeGirl wrote:
Lenahan3 wrote:

If he won't sober, he definitely will when he's drunk. Most confident and persistent drunk I've ever seen lol

mrizza wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:
GabeQuixote wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:So, as additional motivation...

Anyone want to make an avatar bet with me? Beat my score, pick my avatar. Don't beat my score, I pick yours.

There's only one three digit combination that could beat yours . . .

Yup... it's certainly a tall order. A few of you are already aiming that high though.

If bitsy comes up with new terms for our bet, so i'm no longer in a tar bet with her... i'll take the bet if tie goes to me. The LSAT has made me so masochistic...

Did no one read this? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills

HawkeyeGirl

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:28 am

bitsy wrote:
HawkeyeGirl wrote:Another question: Cambridge Law 68-69 q26. I don't know why c isn't right. Isn't C the whole point of the passage? I get how B is correct, I just don't see how C is wrong. Thanks

haha i put the same thing. according to the kaplan explanation, we cannot infer that any of the current rules in place do not date back to the common law--as it says in the last sentence, the nonexclusion principle is a presumption, not a rule. from the text, we only have evidence that some of the old common law rules were abandoned.

:\ I guess... I feel like I'd always pick c still. It says in the passage "Bentham's prescription was revolutionary" Whatever LSAT...

bitsy

Postby bitsy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:29 am

mrizza wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:
GabeQuixote wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:So, as additional motivation...

Anyone want to make an avatar bet with me? Beat my score, pick my avatar. Don't beat my score, I pick yours.

There's only one three digit combination that could beat yours . . .

Yup... it's certainly a tall order. A few of you are already aiming that high though.

If bitsy comes up with new terms for our bet, so i'm no longer in a tar bet with her... i'll take the bet if tie goes to me. The LSAT has made me so masochistic...

what do you want from me? i came up with your half. alternatively, in case of your loss, instead of a full shave, you could let the chats determine the course of your facial hair. im voting fu manchu.

HawkeyeGirl

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:30 am

mrizza wrote:

It's in the computer.... Ohhhhh

If I had internet skillz i'd put a gif up. but i don't...

Lenahan3

Postby Lenahan3 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:30 am

*Ignore button.

Haha.

Lenahan3

Postby Lenahan3 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:31 am

what do you want from me? i came up with your half. alternatively, in case of your loss, instead of a full shave, you could let the chats determine the course of your facial hair. im voting fu manchu.

I want you to carve artful designs and swirls into your beard.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:31 am

bitsy wrote:
mrizza wrote:If bitsy comes up with new terms for our bet, so i'm no longer in a tar bet with her... i'll take the bet if tie goes to me. The LSAT has made me so masochistic...

You have to get a custom made shirt that says "Rizza Beat Me On The LSAT" and wear it to NU ASW.

ETA: Only when we're allowed to dress informally of course.

HawkeyeGirl

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:33 am

mrizza wrote:
bitsy wrote:
mrizza wrote:If bitsy comes up with new terms for our bet, so i'm no longer in a tar bet with her... i'll take the bet if tie goes to me. The LSAT has made me so masochistic...

You have to get a custom made shirt that says "Rizza Beat Me On The LSAT" and wear it to NU ASW.

But then you look like a nerd for still caring about the LSAT after everyone's admitted. You should make her wear the Biebs shirt instead.

99.9luft

Postby 99.9luft » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:33 am

mrizza wrote:
bitsy wrote:

haha, i like the way you think, but even sporting a "Top-law-schools.com" t-shirt to ASW is douchy enough...

GabeQuixote

Postby GabeQuixote » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:35 am

HawkeyeGirl wrote:
mrizza wrote:
bitsy wrote:

But then you look like a nerd for still caring about the LSAT after everyone's admitted. You should make her wear the Biebs shirt instead.

W-w-w-w-wait you mean -- someday I w-w-w-w-w-w-won't care about the LSAT?

*feels weak*

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:37 am

Ya you guys are right, it might reflect poorly on me...

I like the Biebs shirt idea. Rules are it has to have sparkley shit on it and his face has to take up at least half of the shirt.

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:37 am

Ooooooooo... that's a good idea.

HawkeyeGirl

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:37 am

IT WORKED!!!!

HawkeyeGirl

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:39 am

mrizza wrote:Ya you guys are right, it might reflect poorly on me...

I like the Biebs shirt idea. Rules are it has to have sparkley shit on it and his face has to take up at least half of the shirt.

Maybe you should pick it out for her just to make sure it meets the criteria

Lenahan3

Postby Lenahan3 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:42 am

HawkeyeGirl wrote:

Meh. I think the Biebs thing is/will be a bit dated.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:44 am

Lenahan3 wrote:
HawkeyeGirl wrote:

I'm not worried about 14 yr olds thinking she's cool. I'm worried about 0Ls laughing at her.

bitsy

Postby bitsy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:44 am

i will accept these terms, but recent evidence has surfaced that facial hair shame does not have a significant impact on mrizza. anyone have ideas to heighten the bet to bieber-shirt-first-impression-on-fellow-law-students levels?

Lenahan3

Postby Lenahan3 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:46 am

mrizza wrote:
Lenahan3 wrote:
HawkeyeGirl wrote:

I'm not worried about 14 yr olds thinking she's cool. I'm worried about 0Ls laughing at her.

Duh. Making fun of him thing is a bit dated, but I suppose I'd still laugh pretty hard if I saw that, haha.

gguuueessttt

Postby gguuueessttt » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:47 am

bitsy wrote:

i will accept these terms, but recent evidence has surfaced that facial hair shame does not have a significant impact on mrizza. anyone have ideas to heighten the bet to bieber-shirt-first-impression-on-fellow-law-students levels?

he should get a hairdo like this bad boy on the first day of classes.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”