December 2012 Re-takers

HawkeyeGirl

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:51 pm

Wormfather wrote:Hey guys, I need some words of encouragement. I'm worried that I won't get back to the 170s and that I'm just wasting my time. I'm so freaking busy with school and I just feel uberwhelmed.

Maybe I just havnt gotten the Nov. fail stench off yet but I just feel LSAT Lathargia.

Maybe I just need a good test. PT44?

Worm, you've got this. Don't worry! Maybe just do some sections today and tomorrow instead of full PTs. I'd guess your stamina isn't quite back yet and is causing you to do silly things (Like the bubbling errors on PT59). Just build it back up and remember to review every answer and you'll kill December!!

bitsy

Postby bitsy » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:55 pm

Wormfather wrote:Hey guys, I need some words of encouragement. I'm worried that I won't get back to the 170s and that I'm just wasting my time. I'm so freaking busy with school and I just feel uberwhelmed.

Maybe I just havnt gotten the Nov. fail stench off yet but I just feel LSAT Lathargia.

Maybe I just need a good test. PT44?

worm, you can do this.

your errors on the PT yesterday were obvious signs of rust--but youre not going to be misbubbling answers after a few weeks of prep.

youll get back up in the 170s. fact. but you have to put the work in.

sit your ass down and take a test with a generous curve.

Lenahan3

Postby Lenahan3 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:58 pm

I'm usually all for the idea that having enemies makes life interesting, but this thread has a plush sense of camaraderie that is likable.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:09 pm

Wormfather wrote:Thanks guys. I want a great score, I want a great school, I want to wait thought December with the greatest waiters of all time.

G.W.O.A.T?

Alright, back into the trenches tomorrow.

You'll get it dude. You've given me the best advice on RC that I've heard anywhere, you know the test. You just gotta keep putting the time in and keep your chin up, like the rest of us, and you'll get everything you're hoping for.

GabeQuixote

Postby GabeQuixote » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:12 pm

I'm trying a seven minute approach.

I'm taking individual games and individual RC sections from PT 1-39 in seven minutes each. (since mrizza's doing them in a leisurely 8:30)

For RC I'm not diagramming, I'm not underlining I'm just memorizing the passage once through, understanding it and then moving onto the Qs.

Trial run was Passage 1, PT 1. Read passage once, answered all questions correctly. Time: 5:24.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:13 pm

HawkeyeGirl wrote:
bitsy wrote:
Sugar Lumps wrote:
mrizza wrote:*everyone besides bitsy is exempt though

I miss seeing your beard.

i think sugah may have happened upon something....

new bet: you lose and the beard gets shaved. plus, you have to dress up frank in human clothes on vidchat for our post-score-release amusement.

Mrizz if you lose this bet, our bets are off....

Understandable

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:18 pm

mrizza wrote:
bitsy wrote:
Sugar Lumps wrote:
mrizza wrote:*everyone besides bitsy is exempt though

I miss seeing your beard.

i think sugah may have happened upon something....

new bet: you lose and the beard gets shaved. plus, you have to dress up frank in human clothes on vidchat for our post-score-release amusement.

@sug, I miss your gingerness

@bits, what could you possibly offer to match that on your end? I'd say you have to shave your head but if you aren't looking your best at ASW ill be very depressed

Still waiting for your counter-offer Bits. I'll up the stakes if you make it fair.

HawkeyeGirl

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:24 pm

Since I'm now realllly into this reviewing answers thing, can someone explain to me why C is correct on Question 9, cambridge page 62 of the "Law" passages or PT 19 S3 q9? I had 3 answers circled so clearly was grasping at straws for this one... Thanks

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:26 pm

GabeQuixote wrote:I'm trying a seven minute approach.

I'm taking individual games and individual RC sections from PT 1-39 in seven minutes each. (since mrizza's doing them in a leisurely 8:30)

For RC I'm not diagramming, I'm not underlining I'm just memorizing the passage once through, understanding it and then moving onto the Qs.

Trial run was Passage 1, PT 1. Read passage once, answered all questions correctly. Time: 5:24.

That's crazy gabe. If it works go for it, but I think in general slowing down helps more right?

HawkeyeGirl

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:27 pm

I'm doing 8 minutes for RC passages. I think it's enough time to really focus and pay attention, but will leave me enough time left over to review questions I wasn't sure on.

GabeQuixote

Postby GabeQuixote » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:27 pm

mrizza wrote:

That's crazy gabe. If it works go for it, but I think in general slowing down helps more right?

Blurgh. Just went -1 on the second passage because I missed a key term: "enzyme of life".

When I hit the question, I had to guess since I couldn't look back.

Still, -1 in 7 minutes on a science passage.

HawkeyeGirl

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:47 pm

Ughh.... Just BOMBED an RC section... pp64-65 in Cambridge Law. PT 20 S2 q 7-14. went -4/8!! damn medieval guilds

GabeQuixote

Postby GabeQuixote » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:04 am

PT1: RC in 7
1: 0 (2:34 left)
2: -1 (0:00 left)
3: -1 (0:30 left)
4: -1 (0:00 left)

-Timing affected Passage 2's incorrect answer.
-Passage 3 & 4 were tricky Qs.
Last edited by GabeQuixote on Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

bitsy

Postby bitsy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:08 am

HawkeyeGirl wrote:Since I'm now realllly into this reviewing answers thing, can someone explain to me why C is correct on Question 9, cambridge page 62 of the "Law" passages or PT 19 S3 q9? I had 3 answers circled so clearly was grasping at straws for this one... Thanks

alright, just ran through this passage.

a- doesn't talk about any potential enhancements that could be enacted
b- its concerned more with the different types of laws that are applied in different burial circumstances than the circumstances themselves, and more concerned with artifacts than the burial grounds
d- not about the court's motivation
e- not every part of the passage was about the land, most of it about artifacts

c- yeah, definitely. its about the protection offered to the contents of the graves

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:09 am

So, as additional motivation...

Anyone want to make an avatar bet with me? Beat my score, pick my avatar. Don't beat my score, I pick yours.

GabeQuixote

Postby GabeQuixote » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:10 am

NoodleyOne wrote:So, as additional motivation...

Anyone want to make an avatar bet with me? Beat my score, pick my avatar. Don't beat my score, I pick yours.

There's only one three digit combination that could beat yours . . .

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:13 am

GabeQuixote wrote:

Yup... it's certainly a tall order. A few of you are already aiming that high though.

HawkeyeGirl

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:13 am

bitsy wrote:
HawkeyeGirl wrote:Since I'm now realllly into this reviewing answers thing, can someone explain to me why C is correct on Question 9, cambridge page 62 of the "Law" passages or PT 19 S3 q9? I had 3 answers circled so clearly was grasping at straws for this one... Thanks

alright, just ran through this passage.

a- doesn't talk about any potential enhancements that could be enacted
b- its concerned more with the different types of laws that are applied in different burial circumstances than the circumstances themselves, and more concerned with artifacts than the burial grounds
d- not about the court's motivation
e- not every part of the passage was about the land, most of it about artifacts

c- yeah, definitely. its about the protection offered to the contents of the graves

Thanks bits, this is helpful

Lenahan3

Postby Lenahan3 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:15 am

Considering there is so little room for error, I think the stakes would have to be upped a bit on your end.

1TLStudent

Postby 1TLStudent » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:16 am

noodley, you have any advice for how to cut down RC time? I get between -2/-0 for RC untimed (40 min roughly) and ive been averaging -6/-7 when I time it..i already dont make any notes so I cant cut time their. I just read and maybe make a couple in text notations/ underline

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:17 am

COUNTER PROPOSAL then.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:17 am

NoodleyOne wrote:
GabeQuixote wrote:

Yup... it's certainly a tall order. A few of you are already aiming that high though.

If bitsy comes up with new terms for our bet, so i'm no longer in a tar bet with her... i'll take the bet if tie goes to me. The LSAT has made me so masochistic...

HawkeyeGirl

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:17 am

Another question: Cambridge Law 68-69 q26. I don't know why c isn't right. Isn't C the whole point of the passage? I get how B is correct, I just don't see how C is wrong. Thanks

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:18 am

1TLStudent wrote:noodley, you have any advice for how to cut down RC time? I get between -2/-0 for RC untimed (40 min roughly) and ive been averaging -6/-7 when I time it..i already dont make any notes so I cant cut time their. I just read and maybe make a couple in text notations/ underline

I'm a really fast reader naturally, so I don't really have advice for that. I had to slow down to improve. I would cut out the underlining and notations and see if you can still score well and if that cuts your time down at all. Other than that I think you just have to speed up.

GabeQuixote

Postby GabeQuixote » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:19 am

1TLStudent wrote:noodley, you have any advice for how to cut down RC time? I get between -2/-0 for RC untimed (40 min roughly) and ive been averaging -6/-7 when I time it..i already dont make any notes so I cant cut time their. I just read and maybe make a couple in text notations/ underline

That's why I'm doing RC passages in 7 minutes . . . read it through quickly, for content and understanding once then go to the questions.

I averaged -1 per RC section without having to go back to the passage.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”