December 2012 Re-takers

chickpea

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby chickpea » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:41 pm

RC-RC-LR-LR-LG

While I feel like this definitely went better than October, I think I could have done better. I felt pretty confident about RC (I'm guessing -1 or -2 at the worst), really good about one of the LR sections and not so great about the other LR section. Logic games has always been my worst section by far and I think I did reasonably well but I had to make educated guesses on a couple of questions in the last game since I found the third game to be pretty time consuming.

Just really hoping for that 170+!!

chickpea

Postby chickpea » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:51 pm

Wormfather wrote:
But for real. Who else wrote about Janet getting her lazy ass off to hollywood for some casting couch action?

I did, though i thought it was nyc she supposed go get her but to!

bitsy

Postby bitsy » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:53 pm

Wormfather wrote:I knew something was up when I finished the first two games in 10 minutes. But when I finished the web/VM game with 15 minutes left I said "dear Lordy".

I guessed the last Q on that section.

RC passages were cake, the questions were a bit tough though.

On LR was tough the other was cake, minus the third to last question about apartments with fireplaces.

But for real. Who else wrote about Janet getting her lazy ass off to hollywood for some casting couch action?

lol worm the life coach

FL made that q manageable, but i deff agree that some of the parallel questions were tough.

chem!

Postby chem! » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:58 pm

bitsy wrote:
Wormfather wrote:I knew something was up when I finished the first two games in 10 minutes. But when I finished the web/VM game with 15 minutes left I said "dear Lordy".

I guessed the last Q on that section.

RC passages were cake, the questions were a bit tough though.

On LR was tough the other was cake, minus the third to last question about apartments with fireplaces.

lol worm the life coach

FL made that q manageable, but i deff agree that some of the parallel questions were tough.

I just made that comment in the waiter's thread. Bleh.

badluckbilly

Postby badluckbilly » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:13 pm

What news on experimentals?

barramundi

Postby barramundi » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:53 pm

Hey guys,

First time I've posted, but I really need some advice. This somewhat relevant since I just retook the LSAT today (last time was the October test). I have weird feelings about this test. When I PT'ed, I've been scoring around the 160ish area. However, with this test, I feel like I was really thrown off.
I had LG-LR-LR-RC-LR, and for some reason, the timing in the actual center felt so weird. When time was finally called for each section, I was guessing at least !!6!! questions for each section. As I usually do, I just fill down the blanks straight with Bs or Cs.

What should I do? This is the second time I've taken this test, and though I feel like I just might be suffering from post-test anxiety, should I cancel?
A reason why I want to keep this test is just to be able to apply for this cycle. However, if I did keep this score, and it was really sucky (like 152 sucky), how bad would it look to admissions if I had this 152 in conjunction with a 170ish score (I'm going to really work my butt of this next year)?

Thanks to anyone in advance for sharing their wisdom and insights (it is very likely my dad will literally beat me to death)!

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:07 pm

barramundi wrote:Hey guys,

First time I've posted, but I really need some advice. This somewhat relevant since I just retook the LSAT today (last time was the October test). I have weird feelings about this test. When I PT'ed, I've been scoring around the 160ish area. However, with this test, I feel like I was really thrown off.
I had LG-LR-LR-RC-LR, and for some reason, the timing in the actual center felt so weird. When time was finally called for each section, I was guessing at least !!6!! questions for each section. As I usually do, I just fill down the blanks straight with Bs or Cs.

What should I do? This is the second time I've taken this test, and though I feel like I just might be suffering from post-test anxiety, should I cancel?
A reason why I want to keep this test is just to be able to apply for this cycle. However, if I did keep this score, and it was really sucky (like 152 sucky), how bad would it look to admissions if I had this 152 in conjunction with a 170ish score (I'm going to really work my butt of this next year)?

Thanks to anyone in advance for sharing their wisdom and insights (it is very likely my dad will literally beat me to death)!

If you got a 152 and think you can get a 170, canceling is probably a good idea. That would be one hell of an addendum to explain a 20 point jump.

What did you get in October?

barramundi

Postby barramundi » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:03 pm

TripTrip wrote:
barramundi wrote:Hey guys,

If you got a 152 and think you can get a 170, canceling is probably a good idea. That would be one hell of an addendum to explain a 20 point jump.

What did you get in October?

I cancelled in October. :<

@Worm, could you further elaborate? Could you also share you scores & cancellation history and your experiences with it? Why never cancel? I'm not disagreeing with you, I'd rather not cancel, I'd just like to understand your reasoning. :D

SumStalwart

Postby SumStalwart » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:12 pm

Wormfather wrote:PT68

RC -4 to -7
LR1 -3 to -5
LR2. -0 to -2
LG -0 to -2

Scaled 165 to 174

Fun times bitches!

Congrats, man! I feel that my RC for this one was pretty volatile, as well. Hopefully, our scores are on the higher portion of our estimates.

Ex Cearulo

Postby Ex Cearulo » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:17 pm

Wormfather wrote:Unless you're a Yale applicant. NEVER CANCEL. No one averages anymore. Amy low score can be explained away by a higher score.

This. You may end up with a score that surprises you. If not, having that one score on your record isn't going to mean much in the bigger picture of your application as long as there is a higher score with it.

wert3813

Postby wert3813 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:34 pm

Last edited by wert3813 on Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

North

Postby North » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:00 pm

wert3813 wrote:Generally I agree with Worm, never cancel. HOWEVER, if you truly straight bubbled 24 total questions (6 per section) then I would cancel. Study my ass off and take again in June (not February). The reason I say that is your ceiling is pretty much a 157'ish and to be perfectly honest no law school that you can get into with a 157 is worth going to. Particularly if you think you can get a 165+.

I second this. Guessing on a quarter of the test? That's too much. Unless seeing a bad score would motivate you, cancel.

You should really get in gear for June/October, though. Settle for NOTHING less than a 170.

boblawlob

Postby boblawlob » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:38 pm

Wormfather wrote:
MarkinKansasCity wrote:
jbf wrote:Took PT 67, with a 170.

RC -3
LR -5
LG -2

I've been hitting 168-171 on PTs, aiming for a 167+ on Test Day.

Any tips to combat potential dips this Saturday? That killed me in October. I'm taking one more full-length PT today and will probably go somewhere with distractions.

I've heard meth keeps you from being sleepy. You could try that hot/cold shower thing to wake up, but meth is more reliable. :) Also, DON'T PANIC. A lot of people seem to think skipping around doing easier sections first is a good strategy, but that is fucking stupid. Do shit in order and stay calm.

This, I feel bad for people who skipped to the fourth game. That mother was built to expand as to whatever amount of time you had left.

were you able to finish it in time?

housebro13

Postby housebro13 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:24 pm

Wormfather wrote:PT68

RC -4 to -7
LR1 -3 to -5
LR2. -0 to -2
LG -0 to -2

Scaled 165 to 174

Fun times bitches!

Same predictions here! Give or take a few points on LR2 lol

bitsy

Postby bitsy » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:57 pm

--ImageRemoved--

shall we?

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:03 am

bitsy wrote:--ImageRemoved--

shall we?

BAILOUT!

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:05 am

So, who beat me? I know at least one of you did.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:06 am

NoodleyOne wrote:So, who beat me? I know at least one of you did.

I know for sure i missed 3 on RC, probably 4 or 5 total there. Then 0 to 2 on the rest. So, not me. Bits maybe if we get a -12.

bitsy

Postby bitsy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:09 am

mrizza wrote:

I know for sure i missed 3 on RC, probably 4 or 5 total there. Then 0 to 2 on the rest. So, not me. Bits maybe if we get a -12.

how is this known for sure? did you not get to some qs? you may have done better than you think. positive vibes.

naillsat

Postby naillsat » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:11 am

Wormfather wrote:
bitsy wrote:--ImageRemoved--

shall we?

Later thsi week. I have to get my conference work done before I start my multi-week binge.

yeah, I want to go back to Saturday, knowing what I know - I would crack it.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:13 am

bitsy wrote:
mrizza wrote:

how is this known for sure? did you not get to some qs? you may have done better than you think. positive vibes.

lol seriously bitsy? uhhh let's just say after the test, for whatever reason, i began to have very strong reasons to believe 3 of my specific answer choices were not correct.

Alorain

Postby Alorain » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:16 pm

Okay fuck this. This thread is dead. The waiting thread sucks.

And i'm hungover.

Worst morning ever.

GabeQuixote

Postby GabeQuixote » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:30 pm

Alorain wrote:Okay fuck this. This thread is dead. The waiting thread sucks.

And i'm hungover.

Worst morning ever.

Pfffft. I may get laid off tomorrow so it could always be worse.

chem!

Postby chem! » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:31 pm

And i'm hungover.

Worst morning ever.

Yep. It's my third waiting thread and definitely is not the best thus far.

Honey_Badger

Postby Honey_Badger » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:06 pm

chem! wrote:

And i'm hungover.

Worst morning ever.

Yep. It's my third waiting thread and definitely is not the best thus far.

chem's a mod now? You go, girl! :lol:
Merry Christmas, all!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”