December 2012 Re-takers

londonsportsguy

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby londonsportsguy » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:00 am

So....anyone going to watch The Day After Tomorrow tonight? That's my plan! haha

Lenahan3

Postby Lenahan3 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:37 am

So...if anybody is having trouble waking up and getting invigorated at the early hour we must rise, maybe try my old routine. Jump in a steaming hot shower as soon as you wake up, hot as you can stand for about 10 minutes, then turn that mofo to freezing cold for about 30 seconds. It's excruciating, but I guarantee that it'll wake you up and get your brain functioning. You might have to let loose a couple of war cries to get you through it though.

Alorain

Postby Alorain » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:00 am

Lenahan3 wrote:So...if anybody is having trouble waking up and getting invigorated at the early hour we must rise, maybe try my old routine. Jump in a steaming hot shower as soon as you wake up, hot as you can stand for about 10 minutes, then turn that mofo to freezing cold for about 30 seconds. It's excruciating, but I guarantee that it'll wake you up and get your brain functioning. You might have to let loose a couple of war cries to get you through it though.

Can vouch that this works.

My team uses it for brutal early morning track meets, in place of caffeine, which is a terrible for keeping hydrated.

Lenahan3

Postby Lenahan3 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:01 am

Alorain wrote:
Lenahan3 wrote:So...if anybody is having trouble waking up and getting invigorated at the early hour we must rise, maybe try my old routine. Jump in a steaming hot shower as soon as you wake up, hot as you can stand for about 10 minutes, then turn that mofo to freezing cold for about 30 seconds. It's excruciating, but I guarantee that it'll wake you up and get your brain functioning. You might have to let loose a couple of war cries to get you through it though.

My team uses it for brutal early morning track meets, in place of caffeine, which is a terrible for keeping hydrated.

And if you let it blast you in the face, you get the added bonus of having nice skin (:

MarkinKansasCity

Postby MarkinKansasCity » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:04 am

Lenahan3 wrote:
Alorain wrote:

And if you let it blast you in the face, you get the added bonus of having nice skin (:

I tried telling my wife that, but she doesn't believe me. :)

MarkinKansasCity

Postby MarkinKansasCity » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:06 am

Wormfather wrote:Just drilled 9 in/out games. About ten minutes per game, which I think is normal for In/Out seeing as how you've got to write out all of those conditionals.

So yeah, I feel good. Gonna do gym, cleaning, errands (picture/gallon baggie/etc) then I'm gonna do a couple of timed LR sections, then pack for my trip to the hotel tomorrow.

Shit is getting real!

You got this Worm. I'm rooting for all you guys. If I had time, I'd be retaking too. -9 RC October. Motherfucker.

Alorain

Postby Alorain » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:10 am

MarkinKansasCity wrote:
Lenahan3 wrote:
Alorain wrote:

Hahaha. Thanks for dropping by, Mark. Good to hear from you.

MarkinKansasCity

Postby MarkinKansasCity » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:14 am

Alorain wrote: Hahaha. Thanks for dropping by, Mark. Good to hear from you.

Finishing the semester, while time-consuming, is almost painfully easy compared to the LSAT. I miss you guys. It's good to have someone push you, and that doesn't happen at my undergrad. The other students there all think I'm a genius.

AKsnow

Postby AKsnow » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:19 am

That literally sounds like the worst possible way to wake up on the entire planet. I think I would cry.

Alorain

Postby Alorain » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:22 am

AKsnow wrote:

That literally sounds like the worst possible way to wake up on the entire planet. I think I would cry.

I think I would cry more going -5 on RC due to grogginess.

desiballa21

Postby desiballa21 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:27 am

Alorain wrote:

wait seriously? I might have to do this.

MarkinKansasCity

Postby MarkinKansasCity » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:31 am

Alorain wrote:
AKsnow wrote:

I think I would cry more going -5 on RC due to grogginess.

That's pretty much where my -9 RC came from. RC was my first section and I wasn't all there yet. I would have jumped in an icy lake if it would have spared me that shit.

GabeQuixote

Postby GabeQuixote » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:32 am

Game Day: Waking up at 0530 hours.

Doing a Logic Game in bed at 0532 hours. Then review.

Shower. Another Logic Game, a Reading Comp passage.

4 Parallel Reasoning, 4 Parallel Flaw, 4 Weaken, 4 Strengthen, 4 Necessary Assumption.

Testing Center is 15 minutes away. Take one last Logic Game -- and own it, walk into testing center as Ennio Morricone's Da Uomo A Uomo plays.

Shout: "O-ren Ishii! Shoubu wa mada tsuicha inai yo!"

Cut off Logic Game's arm. Watch as LSAT displays fear and unleashes Crazy 88 on me. Game on.

ph5354a

Postby ph5354a » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:32 am

Wormfather wrote:
MarkinKansasCity wrote:
Wormfather wrote:Just drilled 9 in/out games. About ten minutes per game, which I think is normal for In/Out seeing as how you've got to write out all of those conditionals.

So yeah, I feel good. Gonna do gym, cleaning, errands (picture/gallon baggie/etc) then I'm gonna do a couple of timed LR sections, then pack for my trip to the hotel tomorrow.

Shit is getting real!

You got this Worm. I'm rooting for all you guys. If I had time, I'd be retaking too. -9 RC October. Motherfucker.

That poor poor test. It feel all sorts of safe with that little piece of tape keeping it sealed. When I get done with this MF'r there's going to get restraining orders, injunctions, and registered test offender lists to keep me from doing it again.

You hear me test? I'm commin' you cant stop this!

You can take all your mauve dinosaurs, all your zones and !Kung and you stain your glass with it. This is our time. I'm gandolf and you're some bitch ass demon. You have no clue how fucking committed we are.

Re-reading this on test day.

Alorain

Postby Alorain » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:34 am

Worm's rants are beautiful, beautiful things.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:34 am

MarkinKansasCity wrote:
Lenahan3 wrote:
Alorain wrote:

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:37 am

Wormfather wrote:
MarkinKansasCity wrote:

Shit is getting real!

That poor poor test. It feel all sorts of safe with that little piece of tape keeping it sealed. When I get done with this MF'r there's going to get restraining orders, injunctions, and registered test offender lists to keep me from doing it again.

You hear me test? I'm commin' you cant stop this!

You can take all your mauve dinosaurs, all your zones and !Kung and you stain your glass with it. This is our time. I'm gandolf and you're some bitch ass demon. You have no clue how fucking committed we are.

Remember Gandalf did technically die from the Balrog and had to be reincarnated as Gandalf the White. JUST SAYING

MarkinKansasCity

Postby MarkinKansasCity » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:39 am

mrizza wrote:
Remember Gandalf did technically die from the Balrog and had to be reincarnated as Gandalf the White. JUST SAYING

Yeah, but he came out even more of a badass than he already was, which I didn't think could happen. That would like like killing the LSAT, dying in the process, and being reincarnated as a Supreme Court justice, or managing partner, or whatever your fantasy is. Also, you get to be immortal.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:41 am

MarkinKansasCity wrote:
mrizza wrote:

Yeah, but he came out even more of a badass than he already was, which I didn't think could happen. That would like like killing the LSAT, dying in the process, and being reincarnated as a Supreme Court justice, or managing partner, or whatever your fantasy is. Also, you get to be immortal.

That does sound pretty cool... guess I'll stock up on AnkhsPhoenix Downs before saturday (Forgot we had an established FF circle jerk here)

desiballa21

Postby desiballa21 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:58 am

Doing RCs from 61-65 today and doing In/Out Games

Tomorrow: Go over LG types to make sure I'm not missing anything or rusty, maybe a few timed LRs, and hopefully in bed by 10.

Lenahan3

Postby Lenahan3 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:58 am

mrizza wrote:
MarkinKansasCity wrote:
mrizza wrote:

That does sound pretty cool... guess I'll stock up on AnkhsPhoenix Downs before saturday (Forgot we had an established FF circle jerk here)

It's Gabe with all of his Limit Break references.

Alorain

Postby Alorain » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:03 pm

Gawd dammit, I was supposed to do a PT at 830 sharp this morning. Been sidetracked heavily.

GabeQuixote

Postby GabeQuixote » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:11 pm

Lenahan3 wrote:
mrizza wrote:
MarkinKansasCity wrote:
mrizza wrote:

It's Gabe with all of his Limit Break references.

I'm an Omnislash kinda guy.

Sugar Lumps

Postby Sugar Lumps » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:14 pm

Last day of work for the week. :shock:

jbf

Postby jbf » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:16 pm

Took PT 67, with a 170.

RC -3
LR -5
LG -2

I've been hitting 168-171 on PTs, aiming for a 167+ on Test Day.

Any tips to combat potential dips this Saturday? That killed me in October. I'm taking one more full-length PT today and will probably go somewhere with distractions.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”