December 2012 Re-takers Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
gguuueessttt

Bronze

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Post by gguuueessttt » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:48 pm

I'm in Starbucks and this homeless man (really really old man) just walked in and ordered a drink (he paid with change). And he smelled SO bad. Like so, so bad- worst BO I've ever smelled, and people started to complain. So he was sitting there sipping his drink, and the manager walked up and asked him to leave. The look on his face when he got up to leave was the most depressing thing I've seen in quite some time :[
Last edited by gguuueessttt on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

applemaroon

Bronze

Post by applemaroon » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:50 pm

Last edited by applemaroon on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:56 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lenahan3

Bronze

Post by Lenahan3 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:00 pm

gguuueessttt wrote:I'm in Starbucks and this homeless man (really really old man) just walked in and ordered a drink (he paid with change). And he smelled SO bad. Like so, so bad- worst BO I've ever smelled, and people started to complain. So he was sitting there sipping his drink, and the manager walked up and asked him to leave. The look on his face when he got up to leave was the most depressing thing I've seen in quite some time :[
Although I can see the reasons for it in the manager's mind, that actually just pisses me off more than anything.

gguuueessttt

Bronze

Post by gguuueessttt » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:00 pm

applemaroon wrote:
gguuueessttt wrote:I'm in Starbucks and this homeless man (really really old man) just walked in and ordered a drink (he paid with change). And he smelled SO bad. Like so, so bad. Worst BO I've ever smelled. So the manager just came over and asked him to leave. The look on the homeless man's face when he got up to leave was the most depressing thing I've seen in quite some time :[
That makes me SO sad. My friend, during his runs, used to stop and talk to homeless people and ask them for their stories. There were some AMAZING ones.
Last edited by gguuueessttt on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gguuueessttt

Bronze

Post by gguuueessttt » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:01 pm

Lenahan3 wrote:
gguuueessttt wrote:I'm in Starbucks and this homeless man (really really old man) just walked in and ordered a drink (he paid with change). And he smelled SO bad. Like so, so bad- worst BO I've ever smelled, and people started to complain. So he was sitting there sipping his drink, and the manager walked up and asked him to leave. The look on his face when he got up to leave was the most depressing thing I've seen in quite some time :[
Although I can see the reasons for it in the manager's mind, that actually just pisses me off more than anything.
I could see the reasoning as well but it made me very sad.

Lenahan3

Bronze

Post by Lenahan3 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:01 pm

gguuueessttt wrote:
Lenahan3 wrote:
I could see the reasoning as well but it made me very sad.
Sad/pissed off at the manager.

sinfiery

Gold

Post by sinfiery » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:02 pm

Lenahan3 wrote:
We let them stay at Walmart.

And yes, that is a BO incomparable to any other.

desiballa21

Bronze

Post by desiballa21 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:04 pm

If I win this Powerball tonight, y'all..

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:04 pm

AKsnow

Bronze

Post by AKsnow » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:05 pm

rebexness wrote:
sinfiery wrote:
Lenahan3 wrote:

SF, I don't know how many homeless people you have smelled, but it is not the same smell as trashy Walmart BO.

supercereal.

I used to regularly come across people who permeated the smell of cheap vodka, piss, and cigs. Terrible.
4th ave.

gguuueessttt

Bronze

Post by gguuueessttt » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:06 pm

rebexness wrote:
sinfiery wrote:
Lenahan3 wrote:

SF, I don't know how many homeless people you have smelled, but it is not the same smell as trashy Walmart BO.

supercereal.

I used to regularly come across people who permeated the smell of cheap vodka, piss, and cigs. Terrible.
yeah I can still smell it even though he's been gone for 15 minutes.

gguuueessttt

Bronze

Post by gguuueessttt » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:08 pm

here's a nice homeless story to make up for being depressing.

"I was day tripping to Vancouver from Seattle and stopped in for lunch at a little cafe. From my window I saw a young teenage girl out in the cold, squatted down in a closed up businesses doorway, holding a small bundle in her arms. She was panhandling, people were mostly walking by ignoring her. She looked just broken.
I finished up my meal and went outside, went through my wallet and thought I'd give her $5 for some food. I got up to her and she was sobbing, she looked like she was 14-15. And that bundle in her arms was a baby wrapped up. I felt like I just got punched in the chest. She looked up putting on a game face and asked for any change, I asked her if she's like some lunch. Right next door was a small quick-Trip type grocery store, I got a can of formula for the baby (very young, maybe 2-3 months old.), and took her back to the cafe though I'd just eaten. She was very thankful, got a burger and just inhaled it. Got her some pie and ice cream. She opened up and we talked. She was 15, got pregnant, parents were angry and she was fighting with them. She ran away. She's been gone almost 1 full year.
I asked her if she's like to go home and she got silent. I coaxed her, she said her parents wouldn't want her back. I coaxed further, she admitted she stole 5k in cash from her Dad. Turns out 5k doesn't last long at all and the streets are tough on a 15 year old. Very tough. She did want to go back, but she was afraid no one wanted her back after what she did.
We talked more, I wanted her to use my phone to call home but she wouldn't. I told her I'd call and see if her folks wanted to talk to her, she hesitated and gave bad excuses but eventually agreed. She dialed the number and I took the phone, her Mom picked up and I said hello. Awkwardly introduced myself and said her daughter would like to speak to her, silence, and I heard crying. Gave the phone to the girl and she was just quiet listening to her Mom cry, and then said hello. And she cried. They talked, she gave the phone back to me, I talked to her Mom some more.
I drove her down to the bus station and bought her a bus ticket home. Gave her $100 cash for incidentals, and some formula, diapers, wipes, snacks for the road.
Got to the bus, and she just cried saying thank you over and over. I gave her a kiss on the forehead and a hug, kissed her baby, and she got on the bus.
I get a chistmas card every year from her. She's 21 now and in college.
Her name is Makayla and her baby was Joe.
I've never really told anyone about this. I just feel good knowing I did something good in this world. Maybe it'll make up for the things I've f-ed up." (from http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comme ... no/c0hkuyq)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sinfiery

Gold

Post by sinfiery » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:10 pm

rebexness wrote: SF, I don't know how many homeless people you have smelled, but it is not the same smell as trashy Walmart BO.

supercereal.

Oh I realize.

There were 2 that came in every few weeks and would attempt to buy a cellphone contract every time. Went through the motions every time but we all remembered the last time they came in with the exact same result. They didn't. It's really sad, actually. They were barely coherent too.

The smell made it physically difficult to stand near them for 10 minutes even, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Whole different ballgame than the worst Walmart shopper.

They eventually just turned all their 1 dollar bills into 20s/100s and left. Hard thing to see.

Psib337

Bronze

Post by Psib337 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:15 pm

I drille 50 necessary assumption and 50 flaw in the reasoning questions today since those are typically where I lose most of my points and then did the LR from PT 64. Apparently it didn't make much of a difference -12 overall (even though only 2 of the ones i got wrong were necessary assumption and the 2 flaw questions I got wrong were before I actually drilled flaw questions). I know I was going through these pretty fast so maybe that had something to do with it and the questions I got wrong were mostly from not reading carefully enough. I'm taking PT 67 tomorrow so hopefully that will go well because I really don't want to spend Friday drilling and taking timed sections.

PickledPanda

Bronze

Post by PickledPanda » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:19 pm

sinfiery wrote:
rebexness wrote: SF, I don't know how many homeless people you have smelled, but it is not the same smell as trashy Walmart BO.

supercereal.

Oh I realize.

There were 2 that came in every few weeks and would attempt to buy a cellphone contract every time. Went through the motions every time but we all remembered the last time they came in with the exact same result. They didn't. It's really sad, actually. They were barely coherent too.

The smell made it physically difficult to stand near them for 10 minutes even, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Whole different ballgame than the worst Walmart shopper.

They eventually just turned all their 1 dollar bills into 20s/100s and left. Hard thing to see.
Homeless or not, we all go to the same destination in the end. We just take different routes. The fact that people in this thread feel some sadness for the homeless and don't dismiss them out of hand makes me excited to work with you guys one day.

sinfiery

Gold

Post by sinfiery » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:20 pm

PickledPanda wrote:Homeless or not, we all go to the same destination in the end. We just take different routes. The fact that people in this thread feel some sadness for the homeless and don't dismiss them out of hand makes me excited to work with you guys one day.
:)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

PickledPanda

Bronze

Post by PickledPanda » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:23 pm

All of this made me start listening to everlast again. :oops:

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:24 pm

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:25 pm

rebexness wrote:
sinfiery wrote:
Lenahan3 wrote:

supercereal.

POWs

you have no idea. everyone just calls them "stinkies".

sinfiery

Gold

Post by sinfiery » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:25 pm

PickledPanda wrote:All of this made me start listening to everlast again. :oops:
Love What it's like

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

PickledPanda

Bronze

Post by PickledPanda » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:26 pm

Bex, It's too late. . . I'm doomed

Sin, a classic

PickledPanda

Bronze

Post by PickledPanda » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:27 pm

sinfiery

Gold

Post by sinfiery » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:31 pm

PickledPanda wrote:And

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=en ... fJ4Go&NR=1

The emo is coming. Ahhhhh
Haha, I was sitting in my car and couldn't decide what to listen to before taking the LSAT.

Decided on that somehow. Emotion gets the adrenaline going. I feel weird. Oh well. Great song.

PickledPanda

Bronze

Post by PickledPanda » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:35 pm

sinfiery wrote:
PickledPanda wrote:And

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=en ... fJ4Go&NR=1

The emo is coming. Ahhhhh
Haha, I was sitting in my car and couldn't decide what to listen to before taking the LSAT.

Decided on that somehow. Emotion gets the adrenaline going. I feel weird. Oh well. Great song.

Just more evidence substantiating that you an Uberman.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”