December 2012 Re-takers

Poo-T

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Poo-T » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:14 am

someone please PM me your thoughts then. I could use some more brains on this

DaRascal

Postby DaRascal » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:15 am

Still debating this retake. It feels like I just can't put it all together not just on the real thing but on PTs too. I'll go -3 LG and then -14 LR or I'll go like -8 LR (good for me lol) and -7 LG and RC will always be -5 at best but usually worse than that. Grrrrrrr :evil:

Poo-T

Postby Poo-T » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:19 am

I picked an answer... it was wrong

edit: i see why my answer was total bullshit now, I should've given more attention to what the question was asking.

GabeQuixote

Postby GabeQuixote » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:23 am

Just to make sure -- but everyone's putting their PT into LSATQA right?

It's really helpful when knowing what to drill like Noodley says.

Lenahan3

Postby Lenahan3 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:28 am

GabeQuixote wrote:Just to make sure -- but everyone's putting their PT into LSATQA right?

Yeah. I didn't know that site existed until I saw it on these forums yesterday. It seems like it would be very helpful.

Poo-T

Postby Poo-T » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:35 am

GabeQuixote wrote:Just to make sure -- but everyone's putting their PT into LSATQA right?

wow i didn't know about this. I just signed up

Lenahan3

Postby Lenahan3 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:48 am

I'm not sure if anybody else is doing this, but if you are, do reply so we can see how we fare.

I'm not looking at PT 67. At all. I know I missed questions, but I have no idea which ones they are nor do I have any idea what the correct answers are. On that note, I'm going to retake PT 67 in a few weeks and see how I do, which basically means it amounts to very close to a new test. Of course, there will be some degree of overlap, but without reviewing the answers I'm hoping to negate the majority of it. If, like I think is the case, I perform exponentially better on the retake, it will help my thesis that it wasn't my LSAT skills that destroyed my score on test day, but rather my test day skills that destroyed my score, which I believe will be helpful.

I'm still going to study, regardless of that option, but if it turns out like I think it will then it will have shown me an area which is in need of improvement outside of knowledge based skills.

Poo-T

Postby Poo-T » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:10 pm

Wormfather wrote:What would rock would be if LSATQA could make you a super test. A test composed of all the LR questions you got wrong and all the passages and games where you got a question wrong.

I need this.

a super test, 500 questions... no break, 10 minutes each section.

With this playing in the background

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6fldyHVOsA

twenty

Postby twenty » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:18 pm

I'll be retaking. I don't really need to, but I felt like I underperformed. Plus, really, a month of studying? I'm okay with that.

Sup guys.

CardozoLaw09

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:28 pm

I wish they administered the LSAT once every week and you could take the test for 10 bucks and have no limit on the amount of tries you get and schools still take your highest score

Lenahan3

Postby Lenahan3 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:32 pm

Facebook - Deactivated
Television - unplugged
Hulu account - not entering

Honey_Badger

Postby Honey_Badger » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:36 pm

gguuueessttt wrote:I'm waiting until next cycle (probably February) to re-take, but I'll be studying along with you guys.

I know people recommended Velocity and Cambridge already, but I'd really, really recommend Powerscore LG and LR. PS LG helped me go from -7ish to -0 or maximum -1 on games, and PS LR is really well organized by type and has really awesome explanations for every question IMO.

Hey peeps. Not retaking December, I'm going to gamble on this cycle and retake in June, if necessary.

I signed up for the full Velocity course, and I would not do it again. I would probably recommend Dave's LG strategies (just saying they worked for me....), but not the rest. The site and courses are too disjointed to be considered an actual course, and I find myself improving LR with two chapters of LGB more than Dave's entire LR section.

Hope you guys are great.
xoxoxo
HB

gguuueessttt

Postby gguuueessttt » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:43 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:Imo powerscore is overly concerned with classification, especially in LG. Also Manhattan's core approach is far superior to Powescores stim based approach.

that's fair I guess. I liked the emphasis on classification because I was having trouble figuring out how to diagram selection games and pattern games. PS helped me a lot and I was having a TON of trouble with LG when I first started (cold diagnostic I got -12) and now I very rarely miss one.

I also have a friend who got a 180 in June who recommends Powerscore to everyone (he was having lots of trouble with LG and minor trouble with LR before he used PS) and there are also a few 180ers online who recommend PS. So I wouldn't say it's overrated.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Lenahan3

Postby Lenahan3 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:20 pm

gguuueessttt wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:Imo powerscore is overly concerned with classification, especially in LG. Also Manhattan's core approach is far superior to Powescores stim based approach.

that's fair I guess. I liked the emphasis on classification because I was having trouble figuring out how to diagram selection games and pattern games. PS helped me a lot and I was having a TON of trouble with LG when I first started (cold diagnostic I got -12) and now I very rarely miss one.

I also have a friend who got a 180 in June who recommends Powerscore to everyone (he was having lots of trouble with LG and minor trouble with LR before he used PS) and there are also a few 180ers online who recommend PS. So I wouldn't say it's overrated.

PS is better overall, as far as a holistic approach is concerned, for me. Manhattan's LG, however, is useful in certain areas, particularly their trees versus PS's classification system. I think a concerned LSAT'er aiming for 170+ would benefit from incorporating both PS and Manhattan into their LG attack. I used versions of both, though admittedly, I did go -1 on October games on a question that I knew I missed as soon as the section was over and didn't have time to correct.

desiballa21

Postby desiballa21 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:28 pm

Honey_Badger wrote:
gguuueessttt wrote:I'm waiting until next cycle (probably February) to re-take, but I'll be studying along with you guys.

I know people recommended Velocity and Cambridge already, but I'd really, really recommend Powerscore LG and LR. PS LG helped me go from -7ish to -0 or maximum -1 on games, and PS LR is really well organized by type and has really awesome explanations for every question IMO.

Hey peeps. Not retaking December, I'm going to gamble on this cycle and retake in June, if necessary.

I signed up for the full Velocity course, and I would not do it again. I would probably recommend Dave's LG strategies (just saying they worked for me....), but not the rest. The site and courses are too disjointed to be considered an actual course, and I find myself improving LR with two chapters of LGB more than Dave's entire LR section.

Hope you guys are great.
xoxoxo
HB

I agree w/ this. I did well w/ Velocity's LG but really didn't learn much from the LR. Hope things work out for you, HB!

PickledPanda

Postby PickledPanda » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:40 pm

Retook the October exam this morning at the library, same score from test day. The difference was I actually finished the last three questions on the zone's game (completely got it now), and got them right because I understood, not because I guessed. Still missed two on Kung though =(

PickledPanda

Postby PickledPanda » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:43 pm

gguuueessttt wrote:

I agree.

gguuueessttt

Postby gguuueessttt » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:58 pm

Wormfather wrote:
PickledPanda wrote:
gguuueessttt wrote:

I agree.

I dont think PS is overrated, its just that we all approach problems differently. I found Dave's approach to be a better fit for me that's all.

Yeah, fair enough. Just figured I'd recommend it. At the least I think PS would be helpful for people who are having trouble figuring out how (or even if) to diagram certain classifications of games.

applemaroon

Postby applemaroon » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:02 pm

Last edited by applemaroon on Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PickledPanda

Postby PickledPanda » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:04 pm

applemaroon wrote:
I have also blocked ALL online shopping sites from laptop. Here we go...

rofl TITCR

MarkinKansasCity

Postby MarkinKansasCity » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:31 pm

PickledPanda wrote:
applemaroon wrote:

rofl TITCR

Folks, everyone seems to be ignoring the biggest time-suck of all, TLS. I know I wasted more time here than everything else put together. I'm just sayin. ;)

Poo-T

Postby Poo-T » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:32 pm

MarkinKansasCity wrote:
PickledPanda wrote:
applemaroon wrote:

rofl TITCR

Folks, everyone seems to be ignoring the biggest time-suck of all, TLS. I know I wasted more time here than everything else put together. I'm just sayin. ;)

this, we all know that feel

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:38 pm

MarkinKansasCity wrote:
PickledPanda wrote:
applemaroon wrote:

rofl TITCR

enidwexler

Postby enidwexler » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:40 pm

Lenahan3 wrote:I'm not sure if anybody else is doing this, but if you are, do reply so we can see how we fare.

I'm not looking at PT 67. At all. I know I missed questions, but I have no idea which ones they are nor do I have any idea what the correct answers are. On that note, I'm going to retake PT 67 in a few weeks and see how I do, which basically means it amounts to very close to a new test. Of course, there will be some degree of overlap, but without reviewing the answers I'm hoping to negate the majority of it. If, like I think is the case, I perform exponentially better on the retake, it will help my thesis that it wasn't my LSAT skills that destroyed my score on test day, but rather my test day skills that destroyed my score, which I believe will be helpful.

Can't decide if I should take it now to see if it really was just my test day skills (which would help guide my studying for the next month) or save it until closer to December 1st (giving myself more time to forget about my answers) to use it as a more realistic dress-rehearsal.

gettingerdone

Postby gettingerdone » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:41 pm

applemaroon wrote:
Lenahan3 wrote:Facebook - Deactivated
Television - unplugged
Hulu account - not entering

Ya, need to do this too

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”