December 2012 Re-takers

sinfiery

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby sinfiery » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:05 pm

Alorain wrote:Any thoughts on 5 Hour Energy shots before the test?

Less volume so there shouldn't be a need to pee as with coffee.

I am not a morning person, I need something to wake me up for an 830 exam. I've been adjusting my sleep so I've been waking up at 7am the past week or so. But I still feel groggy until around 1030.

What I used prepping/on test day. Worked great.

Whatever it is you guys use, get use to it before the test.

Last 4 days before the test, subway sandwich 2 hours before/5 hour energy 25 minutes before a PT/real test/drilling. Had some random protein bar during the break.

I used the extra strength but that just depends on your tolerance.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:08 pm

chem! wrote:
Sugar Lumps wrote:
mrizza wrote:Boss says I have to come in on Friday now... Shit

Tell him to go stuff himself.

Not that kind of jerb

bitsy

Postby bitsy » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:10 pm

I am not a morning person, I need something to wake me up for an 830 exam. I've been adjusting my sleep so I've been waking up at 7am the past week or so. But I still feel groggy until around 1030.

im with you there--id sleep till noon every day if i didnt have shizz to do.
started shooting 5hrs before my morning PTs-- 2/3 before the start, 1/3 over the break. they really perk me up. i recommend them, but start taking them tomorrow so you're familiar with the effects.

AKsnow

Postby AKsnow » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:20 pm

bitsy wrote:

im with you there--id sleep till noon every day if i didnt have shizz to do.
started shooting 5hrs before my morning PTs-- 2/3 before the start, 1/3 over the break. they really perk me up. i recommend them, but start taking them tomorrow so you're familiar with the effects.

Maybe I should try that tactic. Taking a whole one messes with me a little too much.

Alorain

Postby Alorain » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:23 pm

Ok so this girl that I find really, really hot is hosting a party on Friday night. She personally just texted and asked me to come. I basically was going to laugh in her face and blow her off, and I started texting like, "Haha bitch please, I have this little quiz called the LSAT Saturday morning - get Lost". But then I was like, "Al, you dumbass, think this over before you reject the idea out of hand".

Thoughts? I wouldn't be drinking obviously, and I wouldn't stay out super late. But even so, this might be a distraction when I should be clear-headed and totally focused on the prize.

Relax on Friday and see where the night goes, or turn in early and have only my stuffed tiger pillow to cuddle with? (Yes I have a stuffed tiger on my bed. Yes I'm 21).
Last edited by Alorain on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GabeQuixote

Postby GabeQuixote » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:24 pm

Took a 5 hour energy and it had no effect.

Took a Starbucks Double Shot it had no effect.

My system may have hit peak caffeine.

PickledPanda

Postby PickledPanda » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:24 pm

Alorain wrote:Ok so this girl that I find really, really hot is hosting a party on Friday night. She personally just texted and asked me to come. I basically was going to laugh in her face and blow her off, and I started texting like, "Haha bitch please, I have this little quiz called the LSAT Saturday morning - get Lost". But then I was like, "Al, you dumbass, think this over before you reject the idea out of hand".

Thoughts? I wouldn't be drinking obviously, and I wouldn't stay out super late. But even so, this might be a distraction when I should be clear-headed and totally focused on the prize.

Relax on Friday and see where the night goes, or turn in early and have only my stuffed tiger pillow to cuddle with? (Yes I have stuffed tiger on my bed. Yes I'm 21).

She will want you more if you blow her off, np.

bitsy

Postby bitsy » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:27 pm

PickledPanda wrote:
Alorain wrote:Ok so this girl that I find really, really hot is hosting a party on Friday night. She personally just texted and asked me to come. I basically was going to laugh in her face and blow her off, and I started texting like, "Haha bitch please, I have this little quiz called the LSAT Saturday morning - get Lost". But then I was like, "Al, you dumbass, think this over before you reject the idea out of hand".

Relax on Friday and see where the night goes, or turn in early and have only my stuffed tiger pillow to cuddle with? (Yes I have stuffed tiger on my bed. Yes I'm 21).

probably true, if theres a seed of yearning already planted in her loins.

AKsnow

Postby AKsnow » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:28 pm

Orrrrrr it could help by getting your mind off the test a little. I'd probably stick with the tiger plan though.

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:28 pm

GabeQuixote wrote:Took a 5 hour energy and it had no effect.

Took a Starbucks Double Shot it had no effect.

My system may have hit peak caffeine.

haha, the day before the LSAT I took no caffeine at all to help my system get the most out of it the next day and that night I had terrible withdrawal headaches. Was hilarious in retrospect. It worked though...felt great once I got some caffeine in me.

try redline, I hear it's quite strong

PickledPanda

Postby PickledPanda » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:29 pm

bitsy wrote:
PickledPanda wrote:

probably true, if theres a seed of yearning already planted in her loins.

And if there isn't: 1) plant seed; 2) Blow her off; 3) Profit

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:30 pm

PickledPanda wrote:And if there isn't: 1) plant seed;

and here lies the biggest mystery to man

Lenahan3

Postby Lenahan3 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:30 pm

Relax on Friday and see where the night goes, or turn in early and have only my stuffed tiger pillow to cuddle with? (Yes I have a stuffed tiger on my bed. Yes I'm 21).

Depends. How well do you know this girl and do you hang out often?

Alorain

Postby Alorain » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:35 pm

One thing I'm definitely going to do differently this time around is stop to double-checking that I have the correct answer after I find it.

For instance, on June and October, say I really liked B.) and was pretty much 100% sure, I would still eliminate CDE before moving on. I need to be more confident, and just move on from the easier questions. As a result of this, I found I didn't have enough time to fully double-check the answers I was legitimately unsure about, and made some dumb mistakes on both administrations.

This is a bad habit that I've gotten into from doing stress-free PTs where I usually whip through them with oodles of time to spare. I must be smart in my strategies on game day this time.

Alorain

Postby Alorain » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:38 pm

Lenahan3 wrote:

Moderately well. There is a fair chance we would hook up.

Lenahan3

Postby Lenahan3 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:41 pm

Alorain wrote:
Lenahan3 wrote:

She worth anymore more than a hookup, even as a possibility?

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:44 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ph5354a

Postby ph5354a » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:49 pm

Just did PT 64

LR1 -3
LG -2
LR2 -3
RC -5
=170

Love that curve. Any advice on gaining a couple more points in RC in the next three days? I think my LG and LR have basically plateaued.

AKsnow

Postby AKsnow » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:49 pm

Lenahan3 wrote:
Alorain wrote:
Lenahan3 wrote:

You're such a softy.

gguuueessttt

Postby gguuueessttt » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:53 pm

AKsnow wrote:
Lenahan3 wrote:
Alorain wrote:
Lenahan3 wrote:

You're such a softy.[/quote]

I don't see what the big deal is. I went out the night before the test in Oct and I go out the night before most of my PTs. You don't need to cram the night before and it's likely that you won't go to sleep early that night anyway. Just go relax and have some fun.

ETA: goshdarn messed up the quotes

BitterSplitter

Postby BitterSplitter » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:57 pm

Last edited by BitterSplitter on Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

enidwexler

Postby enidwexler » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:18 pm

Alorain wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen, the breakdown of this race's favorites is as follows:

Bitsy and Mrizza have the pedigree. They both scored 170 or above on the real deal last time around, proving they can come through when it counts. Bitsy has the edge in this instance with her higher score.

Lena has mad raw potential, popping out high 170's and 180's like a sweat-shop assembly line. He is easily a favorite in this race as well due to his unnerving degree of natural aptitude. But, there are concerns with his game-day performance. His party has stressed that this issue has been addressed, but only time will tell for certain. His score history prevents us from calling him the outright favorite.

Chad is a dark horse pick. He has busted off some legit PT scores recently, and seems to be peaking at the right time. He has put in oodles of effort, and no one can fault him for not preparing like a champion. Plus he is Asian, so he is inherently smarter than the rest of us; trust me, i'm an authority on this.

U4E2 is a solid pick. She has demonstrated the ability to murder her PTs, but there have been recent concerns raised in her camp about her emotional stability in the lead-up to the big day. Clearly an issue of (misplaced) shaken confidence. She might be a late withdrawal from the race. Only time will tell.

Pretenders to the Throne:

Panda, Alorain, Worm, Ened, Hawk, and the rest:

This group has shown flashes of brilliance, but either too little can be inferred about their capabilities (Panda), or their recent PTs have not been as dominating as the 4 highlighted favorites referenced above. An upset by one of these contestants is possible, but unlikely.

Super late on this, but Ened as in... me?! Y'all think wayyy to highly of me, even to be a pretender to the throne. Feeling pretty solid, though. Took PT 65 this morning right at 9:00 AM. Last time I took it (May), I bombed with a 158. Didn't even bother to review. But today...

LR1: -0 8)
LG: -7 :!: :?: :shock:
RC: -3
LR2: -5 (Meh.)

About to go over it now and figure out what in the world went wrong with LG. Honestly thought I had a solid -2 there.

Lenahan3

Postby Lenahan3 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:48 pm

Just did Superprep C's RC section...that shit used to be SO EASY!

desiballa21

Postby desiballa21 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:04 pm

So to have any chance at a decent score, I need to be -0 or -1 on LG.

Sugar Lumps

Postby Sugar Lumps » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:08 pm

I'M PUMPED.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”