December 2012 Re-takers

M.M.
Posts: 381
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:16 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby M.M. » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:32 pm

Almost 99% certain that I'll be "in" here.

ohwhereohwhere
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:01 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby ohwhereohwhere » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:35 pm

Is it a good idea to go ahead and plop the $160 down for the retake, then simply withdraw if my October score comes out better than my fears think it will?

User avatar
North
Posts: 4038
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby North » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:42 pm

ohwhereohwhere wrote:Is it a good idea to go ahead and plop the $160 down for the retake, then simply withdraw if my October score comes out better than my fears think it will?

I did. Just to make sure I got the good test center.

ohwhereohwhere
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:01 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby ohwhereohwhere » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:52 pm

North wrote:
ohwhereohwhere wrote:Is it a good idea to go ahead and plop the $160 down for the retake, then simply withdraw if my October score comes out better than my fears think it will?

I did. Just to make sure I got the good test center.


Oh boy, I wish I had a decent test center option. I took it yesterday at a local college. Unfortunately, this college is hosting a certain event next week, so the testing area wasn't where it normally is. They seemed to imply that usually, we have more room. But we were using those desks attached to chairs...that really threw me off. I was under the impression we'd be testing at big library tables or something, so that's how I prepared. Trying to figure out a good way to go back and forth between my test book and answer sheet without knocking my pencils and passport (which they said we had to leave on the desk) off was a pain.

Closest other one is an hour away, so I'm not sure I'd want to make that drive at 7:30 in the morning in December.

beautyistruth
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:23 am

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby beautyistruth » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:40 pm

So, how screwed are we for the 2012-2013 cycle? Should I start applying for a job at Starbucks in the meantime?

User avatar
Mr. Frodo
Posts: 196
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:59 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Mr. Frodo » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:54 pm

How are you guys so sure that you did badly enough to warrant a retake?

This was my first LSAT and my PT's peaked right before test day, but I'm honestly not sure what to think. I think I got -2 or -3 on games (at the absolute worst), but I'm not sure if I bombed RC. I felt good about the LRs but !IJUSTDONTKNOW...

I was so much in the freaking zone on test day that it was like a blur. For those of you who have taken the real deal before, how did you go about assessing your performance and anticipating your score? Waiting til October 29th or whatever may kill me.

I don't even know if I have reason to be worried though.

WHAT THE FUCK LSAT :evil: :evil:

User avatar
Eberry
Posts: 12102
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:32 am

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Eberry » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:57 pm

Wormfather wrote:Image


This little penguin is awesome.

User avatar
SumStalwart
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:37 am

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby SumStalwart » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:02 pm

NoodleyOne,

What would you suggest for someone who has already taken all of the LSAT PT's from 45 onward (and several from the 30's, 20's, and teens? Is it too soon to see that material again? Thank you very much for your contributions to TLS and for your soon to be kick ass study guide.

beautyistruth
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:23 am

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby beautyistruth » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:05 pm

Mr. Frodo wrote:How are you guys so sure that you did badly enough to warrant a retake?

This was my first LSAT and my PT's peaked right before test day, but I'm honestly not sure what to think. I think I got -2 or -3 on games (at the absolute worst), but I'm not sure if I bombed RC. I felt good about the LRs but !IJUSTDONTKNOW...

I was so much in the freaking zone on test day that it was like a blur. For those of you who have taken the real deal before, how did you go about assessing your performance and anticipating your score? Waiting til October 29th or whatever may kill me.

I don't even know if I have reason to be worried though.

WHAT THE FUCK LSAT :evil: :evil:


Because some of us screwed up the games, and I feel that games are the section where you can be pretty sure if you've screwed up. Hence, retake.

User avatar
LoveLife89
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:08 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby LoveLife89 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:08 pm

Tag for Noodley's study guide.

Special thanks to Zoning. I couldn't have done this without you.

User avatar
Ksoria
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:28 am

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Ksoria » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:35 pm

Abisping wrote:
applemaroon wrote:I cannot believe I'm going through this again. But let's roll.


+1!

User avatar
CardozoLaw09
Posts: 1744
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:36 pm

Noodley if you ever do actually make this study guide then hook me up. I'm not taking the Dec. test if I plan on retaking but the June one so I can ensure a 170+

User avatar
RCinDNA
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:55 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby RCinDNA » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:27 am

I might as well join in since it is impossible to bomb one section and get a competitive score. Good thing I still have my study guides. Prepping on some of the less common LG types will feature heavily, since I'm confident in the usual ones. Will work on LR while I'm at it.

Image

tectonic
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:45 am

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby tectonic » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:04 am

I'm in.

I'm not sure how I did this Saturday. If there is a big curve then I might score something passable. On the other hand, I might have bombed it. I find it pretty hard to gauge.

I see no reason not to retake. Games is my weakness and the consensus seems to be that games was the most difficult section on this exam. I'm hoping that isn't the case in December. If it isn't, I stand a good chance to score higher.

When do you all plan on applying? Waiting til December scores are out or submit early?

User avatar
applemaroon
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby applemaroon » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:15 am

Are you guys going to start studying for Dec. right NOW? Or take a break for a week or something? I really need to put together a study plan, but I'm not even sure what I should be doing differently...So now I'm waiting for NoodleyOne's study guide haha.

User avatar
RCinDNA
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:55 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby RCinDNA » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:37 am

applemaroon wrote:Are you guys going to start studying for Dec. right NOW? Or take a break for a week or something? I really need to put together a study plan, but I'm not even sure what I should be doing differently...So now I'm waiting for NoodleyOne's study guide haha.


I'm starting my new study schedule today. I'm in a really good place, actually, and want to maintain my skill level for December. RC and LR came together really well, so I am pretty confident with my ability in those places, actually.

User avatar
applemaroon
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby applemaroon » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:40 pm

RCinDNA wrote:
applemaroon wrote:Are you guys going to start studying for Dec. right NOW? Or take a break for a week or something? I really need to put together a study plan, but I'm not even sure what I should be doing differently...So now I'm waiting for NoodleyOne's study guide haha.


I'm starting my new study schedule today. I'm in a really good place, actually, and want to maintain my skill level for December. RC and LR came together really well, so I am pretty confident with my ability in those places, actually.


So study plan wise, you're sticking with exactly what you've been doing? and do you mind me asking what exactly you're doing? I'm a little lost because I re-did all the recent PTs so many times and went over wrong answers a million times, so all the answers are still SO fresh in my mind. Is it time for me to bust out PT 1-10...?

User avatar
Psib337
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:18 am

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Psib337 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:53 pm

Fairly certain I'll be here, but for now I'm relaxing. I need a break, yesterday was the most relaxed I'd been in months and I need to put in some serious time in the gym and with my yoga mat. My score may not have gone up 10 points but my weight has gone up about 10 pounds since I started this lovely LSAT journey.

User avatar
Mr. Frodo
Posts: 196
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:59 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Mr. Frodo » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:00 pm

Psib337 wrote:Fairly certain I'll be here, but for now I'm relaxing. I need a break, yesterday was the most relaxed I'd been in months and I need to put in some serious time in the gym and with my yoga mat. My score may not have gone up 10 points but my weight has gone up about 10 pounds since I started this lovely LSAT journey.


My weight has gone DOWN 15 pounds. Gym routine starts back up today thank God. I've missed it.

User avatar
North
Posts: 4038
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby North » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:35 pm

Posting to reiterate my excitement for what Noodles puts together.

During my binge drinking this weekend, I decided that I need to focus on my speed, because that's what cost me on Saturday. I already know the test -- there are no more points to be gained there (which is why studying for a retake seems so daunting at the moment). I need to eliminate things that slow me down. I need to master the new plug-and-chug games so I can finish them as quickly as I could finish the old games. LR needs to be even more mechanical.

I want to be able to finish every section in 25 minutes before December.

We all watched Noodles do exactly that in the October thread. When I was dicking around in the 160's, he was pushing 180 after a 169 in June. That's why I'm excited to see his explication of his process.

Noodles, thank you for your TLService.

CU44BMD
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:49 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby CU44BMD » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:55 pm

I was wondering too, when you guys are going to pick things back up? After prepping for 3/4 months intensely I feel like 50 odd days until the Dec. LSAT is actually pretty close. That being said does anyone have a "game plan" lined up assuming that most of us have seen basically every PT?

Sorry If I'm being "premature" in my approach. Its just odd not opening a LSAT related book and doing Undergrad work.

User avatar
bitsy
Posts: 196
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:06 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby bitsy » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:57 pm

i know that feel. i have an unfinished LG section in my LGBworkout book. i keep thinking about it. how good it will feel. i just want to peek at it.

User avatar
NoodleyOne
Posts: 2358
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby NoodleyOne » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:40 pm

North wrote:Posting to reiterate my excitement for what Noodles puts together.

During my binge drinking this weekend, I decided that I need to focus on my speed, because that's what cost me on Saturday. I already know the test -- there are no more points to be gained there (which is why studying for a retake seems so daunting at the moment). I need to eliminate things that slow me down. I need to master the new plug-and-chug games so I can finish them as quickly as I could finish the old games. LR needs to be even more mechanical.

I want to be able to finish every section in 25 minutes before December.

We all watched Noodles do exactly that in the October thread. When I was dicking around in the 160's, he was pushing 180 after a 169 in June. That's why I'm excited to see his explication of his process.

Noodles, thank you for your TLService.


No pressure or anything. I'll have it up in a few hours.

Also, this will all be HILARIOUS if it turns out I bombed October.

User avatar
Psib337
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:18 am

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Psib337 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:42 pm

Mr. Frodo wrote:
Psib337 wrote:Fairly certain I'll be here, but for now I'm relaxing. I need a break, yesterday was the most relaxed I'd been in months and I need to put in some serious time in the gym and with my yoga mat. My score may not have gone up 10 points but my weight has gone up about 10 pounds since I started this lovely LSAT journey.


My weight has gone DOWN 15 pounds. Gym routine starts back up today thank God. I've missed it.


I really wish I had that problem, but everyone always told me my high metabolism wouldn't last forever :(


As far as what do next I'll probably get the Manhattan books shipped over night and go through those, I still have Cambridge bundles that I can use for drilling, and as far as PTs go I may get 52+ (that's when comparative reading started right?) and use those for PTs. This time I'm not gonna touch them until the week of Thanksgiving, last time I definitely overdid it and the first time I was just a mess. I'm mostly concerned about applying late, my GPA isn't doing me any favors and my entire background is the arts and I'm really scared of coming off as a dumb musician who doesn't belong in law school.

User avatar
North
Posts: 4038
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby North » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:35 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:Also, this will all be HILARIOUS if it turns out I bombed October.

Image




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests