December 2012 Re-takers

PickledPanda

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby PickledPanda » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:39 pm

For you Worm

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:41 pm

gguuueessttt wrote:That's an awesome GPA and you'll be fine if you get a few Bs this semester.

My school curves to a C and doesn't give A+s so I feel like my school is screwing with my law school chances. Most of my classes grade on a 0-100 scale and only put letter grades on the transcript. I have gotten 98-100 in every single one of my classes the last two years, but they put them on my transcript as As instead of A+s. If I had known this going in I would never ever have chosen this school. (Didn't do quite as well freshman and soph year, but if my As were all A+s, my GPA would be significantly higher).

That sucks. My school didn't distinguish differently between +/-s so teachers never bother but after I found out about LSACs grading system half way through Junior year I started annoying teachers about it

If I had a 97+ in a class, I would tell the teachers about possibly going to law school and how an A+ would help me out, etc. Worked 2/7 times. Worth it.

gguuueessttt

Postby gguuueessttt » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:42 pm

sinfiery wrote:
gguuueessttt wrote:That's an awesome GPA and you'll be fine if you get a few Bs this semester.

My school curves to a C and doesn't give A+s so I feel like my school is screwing with my law school chances. Most of my classes grade on a 0-100 scale and only put letter grades on the transcript. I have gotten 98-100 in every single one of my classes the last two years, but they put them on my transcript as As instead of A+s. If I had known this going in I would never ever have chosen this school. (Didn't do quite as well freshman and soph year, but if my As were all A+s, my GPA would be significantly higher).

That sucks. My school didn't distinguish differently between +/-s so teachers never bother but I found out about LSACs grading system half way through Junior year.

If I had a 97+ in a class, I would tell the teachers about possibly going to law school and how an A+ would help me out, etc. Worked 2/7 times. Worth it.

Yeah, that's a good idea. I didn't find out about LSACs grading system until this year so womp womp. I'll definitely mention it to my profs this semester though.

PickledPanda

Postby PickledPanda » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:50 pm

Wormfather wrote:
PickledPanda wrote:[img]disapproving-koala.jpg?w=420[/img]

For you Worm

I lol'd

:) /hug

I'm requesting you wear an argyle sweater/vest on tinychat after the Dec. LSAT.

PickledPanda

Postby PickledPanda » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:54 pm

Wormfather wrote:
PickledPanda wrote:
Wormfather wrote:
PickledPanda wrote:[img]disapproving-koala.jpg?w=420[/img]

For you Worm

I lol'd

:) /hug

I'm requesting you wear an argyle sweater/vest on tinychat after the Dec. LSAT.

have I done that before?

I'm pretty sure you have. It was tan in the main color. . . I think! Might have been the first or second time I was on tinychat with you.

Lenahan3

Postby Lenahan3 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:57 pm

Writing an existentialist paper entitled "Is life absurd?" doesn't seem very conducive for me taking the LSAT seriously. Eff.

Sugar Lumps

Postby Sugar Lumps » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:59 pm

Lenahan3 wrote:Writing an existentialist paper entitled "Is life absurd?" doesn't seem very conducive for me taking the LSAT seriously. Eff.

Ha.

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:01 pm

Sugar Lumps wrote:
Lenahan3 wrote:Writing an existentialist paper entitled "Is life absurd?" doesn't seem very conducive for me taking the LSAT seriously. Eff.

Ha.

Alorain

Postby Alorain » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:03 pm

Yeah I just went to a guest lecture on astronomy and the universe, and basically it reiterated how fucking insignificant we all are here on Earth, leading our minute little lives, scuttling about like little ants on a tiny speck of rock in the cosmos. Makes this whole LSAT thing seem pretty trivial really.

Lenahan3

Postby Lenahan3 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:04 pm

Alorain wrote:

Yeah I just went to a guest lecture on astronomy and the universe, and basically it reiterated how fucking insignificant we all are here on Earth, leading our minute little lives, scuttling about like little ants on a tiny speck of rock in the cosmos. Makes this whole LSAT thing seem pretty trivial really.

Totally have these thoughts running through my head on a daily basis. Sad life.

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:06 pm

Lenahan3 wrote:
Alorain wrote:

--ImageRemoved--

this is still awesome tho

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:07 pm

Alorain wrote:

Fuck it, lets all go to joshua tree and do DMT. I know sinfiery is in

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:07 pm

sinfiery wrote:
Lenahan3 wrote:
Alorain wrote:

--ImageRemoved--

this is still awesome tho

haha i've linked that video ITT and the waiters thread.

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:10 pm

mrizza wrote:Fuck it, lets all go to joshua tree and do DMT. I know sinfiery is in

:D

mrizza wrote:

yep, I remember
still I never get bored of listening to his voice

HawkeyeGirl

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:11 pm

Lenahan3 wrote:
Alorain wrote:

I think about if the world ends in Dec 21 like the ancient Mayans think, I'll have spend the past year and a half of my life working like a dog, being miserable, and essentially just making charts and building financial models all day when I could have been doing something so much more meaningful...such is life. hope the world doesn't end!

applemaroon

Postby applemaroon » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:11 pm

Last edited by applemaroon on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lenahan3

Postby Lenahan3 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:13 pm

HawkeyeGirl wrote:
Lenahan3 wrote:
Alorain wrote:

I think about if the world ends in Dec 21 like the ancient Mayans think, I'll have spend the past year and a half of my life working like a dog, being miserable, and essentially just making charts and building financial models all day when I could have been doing something so much more meaningful...such is life. hope the world doesn't end!

Aren't you listening? There is no meaning.
Lulz.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:15 pm

applemaroon wrote:
sinfiery wrote:
mrizza wrote:Fuck it, lets all go to joshua tree and do DMT. I know sinfiery is in

:D

mrizza wrote:

yep, I remember
still I never get bored of listening to his voice

So sad, can't see whatever video this is. Had to ban youtube from computer. :( :( :( :(

Here you go

HawkeyeGirl

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:16 pm

Lenahan3 wrote:Aren't you listening? There is no meaning.
Lulz.

Enjoying my life is meaningful to me, which is really all that matters. Idgaf about making a dent in the universe if I'm not happy. *selfish*

Sugar Lumps

Postby Sugar Lumps » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:17 pm

HawkeyeGirl wrote:
Lulz.

Enjoying my life is meaningful to me, which is really all that matters. Idgaf about making a dent in the universe if I'm not happy. *selfish*

High-five.

Lenahan3

Postby Lenahan3 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:18 pm

HawkeyeGirl wrote:
Lulz.

I wasn't serious.

Alorain

Postby Alorain » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:23 pm

Wormfather wrote:
HawkeyeGirl wrote:
Lulz.

Was [ ] close to going all LSAT on that statement...but this is a safe place. 8)

Is it Worm? Is it?

Is anything really safe? There could be a giant asteroid hurtling through space at 3000KM/s that has gone un-noticed by astronomers because it is made of pure obsidian and is pitch black against the starfield, and NASA has an insufficient budget, being able to track less than 7% of the sky.

Alorain

Postby Alorain » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:29 pm

On an on-topic note. Game one of PT 66 keeps owning me for some reason. It isn't even a hard game, I don't think. Its only 5 questions, but it took me 9 minutes to get through just now, and I went -2 on it back on the June LSAT.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:29 pm

Alorain wrote:
Wormfather wrote:
HawkeyeGirl wrote:
Lulz.

Was [ ] close to going all LSAT on that statement...but this is a safe place. 8)

Is it Worm? Is it?

Is anything really safe? There could be a giant asteroid hurtling through space at 3000KM/s that has gone un-noticed by astronomers because it is made of pure obsidian and is pitch black against the starfield, and NASA has an insufficient budget, being able to track less than 7% of the sky.

Let Wayne Coyne cheer you up

Sugar Lumps

Postby Sugar Lumps » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:30 pm

Just booked my hotel for the LSAT in Gunnison. Five hours away. IT'S REAL.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”