December 2012 Re-takers

User avatar
PickledPanda
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby PickledPanda » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:33 pm

Alorain wrote:I've come to the conclusion that there are too many geniuses on this forum. You would think that I would feel proud of getting a 172 on a strictly timed 5 section PT, a 99th percentile score. Instead I just feel mediocre and sub-standard, seeing Mrizza and Lenahan & Co. sprout off 178's and 180's like they are going out of style.

It hurts me. I just want to be like you guys. I want to be one of the cool kids too. :cry:



You'll always be cool to me.

User avatar
Alorain
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:57 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Alorain » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:35 pm

PickledPanda wrote:
Alorain wrote:I've come to the conclusion that there are too many geniuses on this forum. You would think that I would feel proud of getting a 172 on a strictly timed 5 section PT, a 99th percentile score. Instead I just feel mediocre and sub-standard, seeing Mrizza and Lenahan & Co. sprout off 178's and 180's like they are going out of style.

It hurts me. I just want to be like you guys. I want to be one of the cool kids too. :cry:



You'll always be cool to me.


Thanks Panda <3

User avatar
enidwexler
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:05 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby enidwexler » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:39 pm

PT 48: 163

LR1: -3
RC X: -5
LG: -1
RC: -8
LR2: -6

Started to get a splitting headache at the beginning of RC and it kept building until I had to stop myself with five minutes left, the last 10 questions a blur, and not having even gotten to the last passage. Took a break and once I could think straight again, gave myself the last 5 minutes to complete the last passage - only missed 1, and that's because I didn't get to it. So not too worried about that score. What I am worried about is the -6 in LR2. Got #11 wrong... :oops: Need to figure out what went wrong there. Also, kinda brutal -8 curve...

PT 65 on deck for tomorrow. Haven't seen this one since early June, and I don't think I even reviewed it. So it should be pretty fresh.

User avatar
HawkeyeGirl
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:47 pm

enidwexler wrote:PT 48: 163

LR1: -3
RC X: -5
LG: -1
RC: -8
LR2: -6

Started to get a splitting headache at the beginning of RC and it kept building until I had to stop myself with five minutes left, the last 10 questions a blur, and not having even gotten to the last passage. Took a break and once I could think straight again, gave myself the last 5 minutes to complete the last passage - only missed 1, and that's because I didn't get to it. So not too worried about that score. What I am worried about is the -6 in LR2. Got #11 wrong... :oops: Need to figure out what went wrong there. Also, kinda brutal -8 curve...

PT 65 on deck for tomorrow. Haven't seen this one since early June, and I don't think I even reviewed it. So it should be fresh.


I feel like my most missed on LR are between 10-14. They hide some really tricky ones in there for sure. Sounds like you just had a bad day, and LR2 was after your horrible headache, so you might not have been quite up to snuff again.

User avatar
Lenahan3
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 12:57 am

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Lenahan3 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:50 pm

HawkeyeGirl wrote:
enidwexler wrote:PT 48: 163

LR1: -3
RC X: -5
LG: -1
RC: -8
LR2: -6

Started to get a splitting headache at the beginning of RC and it kept building until I had to stop myself with five minutes left, the last 10 questions a blur, and not having even gotten to the last passage. Took a break and once I could think straight again, gave myself the last 5 minutes to complete the last passage - only missed 1, and that's because I didn't get to it. So not too worried about that score. What I am worried about is the -6 in LR2. Got #11 wrong... :oops: Need to figure out what went wrong there. Also, kinda brutal -8 curve...

PT 65 on deck for tomorrow. Haven't seen this one since early June, and I don't think I even reviewed it. So it should be fresh.


I feel like my most missed on LR are between 10-14. They hide some really tricky ones in there for sure. Sounds like you just had a bad day, and LR2 was after your horrible headache, so you might not have been quite up to snuff again.


If I miss LR, they normally come between 15-19, or so it seems. That's where the bulk of my time goes into, with 20-23 being slightly less difficult and 24-25/26 being easier.

User avatar
gguuueessttt
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:18 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby gguuueessttt » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:55 pm

Lenahan3 wrote:
HawkeyeGirl wrote:
I feel like my most missed on LR are between 10-14. They hide some really tricky ones in there for sure. Sounds like you just had a bad day, and LR2 was after your horrible headache, so you might not have been quite up to snuff again.


If I miss LR, they normally come between 15-19, or so it seems. That's where the bulk of my time goes into, with 20-23 being slightly less difficult and 24-25/26 being easier.


My LR misses have absolutely no tendencies that I (or lsatqa) can find, so it's difficult to focus on weaknesses or pinpoint something to work on. :/

User avatar
HawkeyeGirl
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:58 pm

gguuueessttt wrote:
Lenahan3 wrote:
HawkeyeGirl wrote:
I feel like my most missed on LR are between 10-14. They hide some really tricky ones in there for sure. Sounds like you just had a bad day, and LR2 was after your horrible headache, so you might not have been quite up to snuff again.


If I miss LR, they normally come between 15-19, or so it seems. That's where the bulk of my time goes into, with 20-23 being slightly less difficult and 24-25/26 being easier.


My LR misses have absolutely no tendencies that I (or lsatqa) can find, so it's difficult to focus on weaknesses or pinpoint something to work on. :/


Must just be lapses in attention/focus that cause you to miss key words then...Hard to practice that other than to just try to be aware of it and actively pay attention to each question

User avatar
Lenahan3
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 12:57 am

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Lenahan3 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:06 am

gguuueessttt wrote:
Lenahan3 wrote:
HawkeyeGirl wrote:
I feel like my most missed on LR are between 10-14. They hide some really tricky ones in there for sure. Sounds like you just had a bad day, and LR2 was after your horrible headache, so you might not have been quite up to snuff again.


If I miss LR, they normally come between 15-19, or so it seems. That's where the bulk of my time goes into, with 20-23 being slightly less difficult and 24-25/26 being easier.


My LR misses have absolutely no tendencies that I (or lsatqa) can find, so it's difficult to focus on weaknesses or pinpoint something to work on. :/


I'll have occasional lapses, like today when I missed #11 on section 2, but for the most part it's within those ranges, ish. My biggest fail comes in RC by not reading the answers closely enough, which ends up raping me. I don't have the trouble in LR.

User avatar
enidwexler
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:05 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby enidwexler » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:08 am

Lenahan3 wrote:
HawkeyeGirl wrote:
I feel like my most missed on LR are between 10-14. They hide some really tricky ones in there for sure. Sounds like you just had a bad day, and LR2 was after your horrible headache, so you might not have been quite up to snuff again.


If I miss LR, they normally come between 15-19, or so it seems. That's where the bulk of my time goes into, with 20-23 being slightly less difficult and 24-25/26 being easier.


Yeah. I need to remember to move on from the harder questions, since 24-25/26 are usually markedly easier. I usually end up going 10 in 10, 15 in 18, 19 in 25, and 24/25 in 35. Usually don't get to the last two questions, but I should try instead to skip two of the harder ones in 11-18, since they tend to be harder than the last two.

HawkeyeGirl wrote:
gguuueessttt wrote:My LR misses have absolutely no tendencies that I (or lsatqa) can find, so it's difficult to focus on weaknesses or pinpoint something to work on. :/


Must just be lapses in attention/focus that cause you to miss key words then...Hard to practice that other than to just try to be aware of it and actively pay attention to each question


+1

User avatar
Alorain
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:57 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Alorain » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:57 am

Lenahan3 wrote:If I miss LR, they normally come between 15-19, or so it seems. That's where the bulk of my time goes into, with 20-23 being slightly less difficult and 24-25/26 being easier.


Absolutely what I notice too. Q.17 and 18 are my nemeses. No joke, they must account for over a third of my wrong LR answers.

gettingerdone
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:27 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby gettingerdone » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:21 am

chadbrochill wrote:
Alorain wrote:Totally fresh PT 36 today

LR1: -2
RC: -3
LR2: -2
LG: -2

All around blah.

92 credited responses for a 172.

Granted, I would be thrilled to get a 172 on test-day, but if I had locked down LG and gone -0, this would have been a 174, and PT personal best. Gotta lock those games downnnn. Both mistakes came in the Bus-seat game, which I totally initially blanked on.


Great job on a fresh test! I think the bus-game is one of the hardest games out there b/c there's like no inferences, all hypos.

User avatar
zniha
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:28 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby zniha » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:46 am

Fresh PT 66

RC: -8
LR: -6
LG: -5
LR: -6

Score 161 for me this is the first time I have broke the 160 mark and that would get me into almost all my target schools! So excited right now I can't sleep, few more practice tests and constant drilling this week and maybe ill see 165 somewhere along the line.

User avatar
PickledPanda
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby PickledPanda » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:24 am

zniha wrote:Fresh PT 66

RC: -8
LR: -6
LG: -5
LR: -6

Score 161 for me this is the first time I have broke the 160 mark and that would get me into almost all my target schools! So excited right now I can't sleep, few more practice tests and constant drilling this week and maybe ill see 165 somewhere along the line.


Congrats. Keep up the good work!

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Cobretti » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:37 am

171 tonight, been drinking since. I think i might have burned myself out. Most of my LR misses were from not reading all of the answer choices. And my RC misses were mostly unforgivable. Trying not to overthink anything, I'll take a test tomorrow and see if its a trend or an outlier.

User avatar
Alorain
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:57 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Alorain » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:17 am

mrizza wrote:171 tonight, been drinking since. I think i might have burned myself out. Most of my LR misses were from not reading all of the answer choices. And my RC misses were mostly unforgivable. Trying not to overthink anything, I'll take a test tomorrow and see if its a trend or an outlier.


Hah! I beat you on my last PT! How the mighty have fallen.

User avatar
Lenahan3
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 12:57 am

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Lenahan3 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:34 am

mrizza wrote:171 tonight, been drinking since. I think i might have burned myself out. Most of my LR misses were from not reading all of the answer choices. And my RC misses were mostly unforgivable. Trying not to overthink anything, I'll take a test tomorrow and see if its a trend or an outlier.


I'm going to gamble it's burnout more than anything. I did what you're doing during my October prep, taking 5-6 section tests 6 days a week. It got to the point that I was missing pointless LR/RC questions. If you still feel the need to be "tuned in" on test day, then take a test Friday but not daily. I'm taking one in a second, as well as Monday, wednesday, and Friday, but I'm taking Tuesday and Thursday and easier, non-test days.

User avatar
Alorain
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:57 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Alorain » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:43 am

Take a 5 minute break from studying and watch this. Thought provoking video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L_cGjQSR80

What would you do with your life if money didn't matter?

I'm an animal person and a conservationist. If money didn't matter, I think I would work with conservation groups throughout the world to preserve endangered animals species. The Blue Whale, the Siberian and Bengal Tigers, Blue Fin Tuna, Javan Rhino, various shark species ect.

I went into biology in university thinking to focus on conservation biology. Then I realized that you can't really raise and feed a family and have a comfortable living doing that. If I was a better, more selfless human being, that wouldn't be an obstacle. But it is what it is. :(

User avatar
chem!
Posts: 9384
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:03 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby chem! » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:14 am

Alorain wrote:Take a 5 minute break from studying and watch this. Thought provoking video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L_cGjQSR80

What would you do with your life if money didn't matter?

I'm an animal person and a conservationist. If money didn't matter, I think I would work with conservation groups throughout the world to preserve endangered animals species. The Blue Whale, the Siberian and Bengal Tigers, Blue Fin Tuna, Javan Rhino, various shark species ect.

I went into biology in university thinking to focus on conservation biology. Then I realized that you can't really raise and feed a family and have a comfortable living doing that. If I was a better, more selfless human being, that wouldn't be an obstacle. But it is what it is. :(


Apparently we have a little something in common, because I majored in Zoology and my intent was to go into marine conservation biology at the graduate but I got detoured my marriage and kids. Let me assue you, teaching in TX doesn't provide a comfortable living, unless you're single and frugal.

If money didn't matter I'd do the same, with a heavy marine conservation focus. If I ever came into a shit load of money, I'd set up travelling vet clinics in French Polynesia. There are a lot of dogs there that need help. :(

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Cobretti » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:49 am

Lenahan3 wrote:
mrizza wrote:171 tonight, been drinking since. I think i might have burned myself out. Most of my LR misses were from not reading all of the answer choices. And my RC misses were mostly unforgivable. Trying not to overthink anything, I'll take a test tomorrow and see if its a trend or an outlier.


I'm going to gamble it's burnout more than anything. I did what you're doing during my October prep, taking 5-6 section tests 6 days a week. It got to the point that I was missing pointless LR/RC questions. If you still feel the need to be "tuned in" on test day, then take a test Friday but not daily. I'm taking one in a second, as well as Monday, wednesday, and Friday, but I'm taking Tuesday and Thursday and easier, non-test days.


I was planning on a PT every day, but I think you're right. I think ill take today and Thursday off. Still reviewing today though.

User avatar
GabeQuixote
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:26 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby GabeQuixote » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:51 pm

Alorain wrote:Take a 5 minute break from studying and watch this. Thought provoking video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L_cGjQSR80

What would you do with your life if money didn't matter?

I'm an animal person and a conservationist. If money didn't matter, I think I would work with conservation groups throughout the world to preserve endangered animals species. The Blue Whale, the Siberian and Bengal Tigers, Blue Fin Tuna, Javan Rhino, various shark species ect.

I went into biology in university thinking to focus on conservation biology. Then I realized that you can't really raise and feed a family and have a comfortable living doing that. If I was a better, more selfless human being, that wouldn't be an obstacle. But it is what it is. :(


If money didn't matter, I'd be a lawyer.

:-/

User avatar
GabeQuixote
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:26 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby GabeQuixote » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:54 pm

Alorain wrote:I've come to the conclusion that there are too many geniuses on this forum. You would think that I would feel proud of getting a 172 on a strictly timed 5 section PT, a 99th percentile score. Instead I just feel mediocre and sub-standard, seeing Mrizza and Lenahan & Co. sprout off 178's and 180's like they are going out of style.

It hurts me. I just want to be like you guys. I want to be one of the cool kids too. :cry:


I went from 175 to 164 . . . in three days.

I think we all have LSAT strengths and weaknesses. If you got a test that was your worst q type you'd be F'd. If you got a test loaded with q types you do well on, you'd do well.

User avatar
GabeQuixote
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:26 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby GabeQuixote » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:55 pm

Sugar Lumps wrote:
GabeQuixote wrote:#fail

*writhes*


Image


:lol:

I was away for a while after the 164. Then:

171
169 -- but on Prep Test 46 which has a -9 curve. :x

User avatar
gguuueessttt
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:18 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby gguuueessttt » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:55 pm

GabeQuixote wrote:
Alorain wrote:Take a 5 minute break from studying and watch this. Thought provoking video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L_cGjQSR80

What would you do with your life if money didn't matter?

I'm an animal person and a conservationist. If money didn't matter, I think I would work with conservation groups throughout the world to preserve endangered animals species. The Blue Whale, the Siberian and Bengal Tigers, Blue Fin Tuna, Javan Rhino, various shark species ect.

I went into biology in university thinking to focus on conservation biology. Then I realized that you can't really raise and feed a family and have a comfortable living doing that. If I was a better, more selfless human being, that wouldn't be an obstacle. But it is what it is. :(


If money didn't matter, I'd be a lawyer.

:-/


I'd be a lawyer in NYC. But I would take every other month off and drive around the country in a fixed-up RV, hiking and snowboarding as much as possible.

User avatar
GabeQuixote
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:26 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby GabeQuixote » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:05 pm

Yesterday's 169, on fresh PT 46 -- LSAT QA told me that 6 of the Questions I got wrong were 1 or 2 star.

:? aw, crumbs

gettingerdone
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:27 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby gettingerdone » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:22 pm

Retook PT 64 yesterday

LR 1: 0
LR 2: -1 (Time)
LG: -2 (one time)
RC: -6 (-3 time)

Raw: 92 Scaled: 173. I remembered a couple of the LR I had trouble with the first time I took it, but didn't remember the answers to some other harder ones so was pleased with that. The plan was to re-do PT 63 today, PT 62 tomorrow, and PT 66 Wed, but now I'm not so sure I'l have time for 63. May just do one of 63 and 62 tomorrow and then 66 Wed. Still have LR sections for 49, 50, and 55 and would like to get through at least one of those before game day.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 2 guests