December 2012 Re-takers

gguuueessttt

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby gguuueessttt » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:49 pm

Wormfather wrote:
gguuueessttt wrote:
I've never had pumpkin pie. :o

I made a pumpkin cheescake with a pecan topping (think pumpkin pie-cheesecake-pecan pie threeway) that will make you want to cry.

I.fucking.love.cheesecake.

That sounds awesome.

PickledPanda

Postby PickledPanda » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:51 pm

Wormfather wrote:I made a pumpkin cheescake with a pecan topping (think pumpkin pie-cheesecake-pecan pie threeway) that will make you want to cry.

Now I want to cry because I don't have any.

HawkeyeGirl

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:54 pm

One of my family's favorite pasttimes is to watch ancient aliens. As we're watching I feel like I'm practicing finding the flaw every sentence lol

HawkeyeGirl

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:55 pm

Wormfather wrote:
gguuueessttt wrote:
Wormfather wrote:Out of all the holidays, I hate this one the most.

I don't particularly like Thanksgiving either since it's centered around eating and I don't like turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, or almost any Thanksgiving food. But my family rocks so I guess it evens out.

Its pretty much the opposite for me. Especially since my mom likes to pick fights with spouses and if that doesnt work she tries to instigate them between the couples.

:( that sucks worm

PickledPanda

Postby PickledPanda » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:56 pm

HawkeyeGirl wrote:One of my family's favorite pasttimes is to watch ancient aliens. As we're watching I feel like I'm practicing finding the flaw every sentence lol

I haven't heard of Ancient Aliens! Sounds like LSAT mastery in action though 8)

HawkeyeGirl

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:58 pm

PickledPanda wrote:
HawkeyeGirl wrote:One of my family's favorite pasttimes is to watch ancient aliens. As we're watching I feel like I'm practicing finding the flaw every sentence lol

I haven't heard of Ancient Aliens! Sounds like LSAT mastery in action though 8)

It's an awesomely ridiculous show on history channel. It's exactly what it sounds like lol

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:02 am

@worm: :(
@u4e2: :x
@packle: :)
@hawk: 8)
@sug: :!:

gguuueessttt

Postby gguuueessttt » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:04 am

mrizza wrote:@worm: :(

y u so mad riz?

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:06 am

gguuueessttt wrote:

y u so mad riz?

gguuueessttt wrote:I've never had pumpkin pie. :o

gguuueessttt wrote:I don't particularly like Thanksgiving either since it's centered around eating and I don't like turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, or almost any Thanksgiving food. But my family rocks so I guess it evens out.

PickledPanda

Postby PickledPanda » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:08 am

Hi Rizza! <3

gguuueessttt

Postby gguuueessttt » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:10 am

mrizza wrote:
gguuueessttt wrote:

y u so mad riz?

gguuueessttt wrote:I don't particularly like Thanksgiving either since it's centered around eating and I don't like turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, or almost any Thanksgiving food. But my family rocks so I guess it evens out.

Don't hate. If someone hated cheesecake I wouldn't be mad, I'd just eat an extra slice for 'em.

But on a more serious note it probably has to do with the fact that no one in my family is a great cook. Everything is either very bland or way too buttery/salty.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:42 am

gguuueessttt wrote:
mrizza wrote:
gguuueessttt wrote:

y u so mad riz?

Don't hate. If someone hated cheesecake I wouldn't be mad, I'd just eat an extra slice for 'em.

But on a more serious note it probably has to do with the fact that no one in my family is a great cook. Everything is either very bland or way too buttery/salty.

On Thanksgiving you owe it to your country to like Turkey. Otherwise, you're a commy. FACT.

enidwexler

Postby enidwexler » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:49 am

PT 47:

LR1: -5
RC: -1
LR2: -4
LG: -1

Score: 169

I vaguely remembered the topics of the RC passages, but otherwise it was a fresh test.

Starting to get worried. This is how things were going right before June, and then again right before October - I was scoring consistently right in my target range. Then on test day, I drop ~7 points. Guess I need to increase my goal and shoot higher so when I do fall, I land right where I want to be: 168.

Is this a notoriously easy PT?

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:51 am

enidwexler wrote:PT 47:

LR1: -5
RC: -1
LR2: -4
LG: -1

Score: 169

I vaguely remembered the topics of the RC passages, but otherwise it was a fresh test.

Starting to get worried. This is how things were going right before June, and then again right before October - I was scoring consistently right in my target range. Then on test day, I drop ~7 points. Guess I need to increase my goal and shoot higher so when I do fall, I land right where I want to be: 168.

I don't think there are any notoriously easy PTs. Just focus on consistency, you're way more likely to hit your range the 2nd time around.
Is this a notoriously easy PT?
Last edited by Cobretti on Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

enidwexler

Postby enidwexler » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:53 am

mrizza wrote:I don't think there are any notoriously easy PTs. Just focus on consistency, you're way more likely to hit your range the 2nd time around.

December will be my 3rd time. :oops:

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:57 am

enidwexler wrote:
mrizza wrote:I don't think there are any notoriously easy PTs. Just focus on consistency, you're way more likely to hit your range the 2nd time around.

Just stay positive and put in as much work as possible to prepare. Nothing else you can do!

PickledPanda

Postby PickledPanda » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:59 am

mrizza wrote:Just stay positive and put in as much work as possible to prepare. Nothing else you can do!

I think that is part of hitting your PT range. You need to realize that you're as prepared as you could be, and let yourself perform. Worry about failing won't help. Do the best you can preparing, know that you did your best, and then perform. You got it.

gguuueessttt

Postby gguuueessttt » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:02 am

mrizza wrote:
enidwexler wrote:

Just stay positive and put in as much work as possible to prepare. Nothing else you can do!

This might be unpopular advice but if you're not where you want to be and this is your third take, you might want to push it until February or even wait until next cycle. At least personally, I wouldn't take it for the third time unless I was extremely confident that I'd get my goal score.

ETA: That being said, if you're consistently PTing at around 169 and your goal is 168, then I agree with mrizza and pickled (as long as you're PTing under test-day conditions).

enidwexler

Postby enidwexler » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:19 am

Thanks, all. Guess I just need to keep my chin up and keep working!

gguuueessttt wrote:This might be unpopular advice but if you're not where you want to be and this is your third take, you might want to push it until February or even wait until next cycle. At least personally, I wouldn't take it for the third time unless I was extremely confident that I'd get my goal score.

ETA: That being said, if your goal is 168 and you're PTing at 169, then I agree with mrizza and pickled (unless you're not PTing under test-day circumstances).

Unfortunately for personal/financial reasons, I need to apply this cycle. Otherwise, I'd definitely consider sitting out a cycle.

Gonna start tomorrow taking full 5-section PT's every morning at 9:00 AM. What's everyone else's plan in this final week (and especially the day before)?

PickledPanda

Postby PickledPanda » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:23 am

I would caution you to not wear yourself down. Make sure you go into the test, not just feeling prepared, but also fresh.

Alorain

Postby Alorain » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:02 am

I'm taking 3 more PTs before the dance.

Saturday, Monday, Thursday. Drilling LG and LR on the days in between.

Then, on the 1st: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhf5cuXiLTA

I'm going to be relaxed going into this test. I actually enjoy PTs, and this should be no different. I was too high strung for June and October. I have a good enough score on hand to get into a school I wouldn't mind attending in Canada, so I'm not really feeling a ton of pressure. Just going to go in there and treat it like a PT and don't see any reason why 170+ isn't obtainable.

enidwexler

Postby enidwexler » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:18 am

PickledPanda wrote:I would caution you to not wear yourself down. Make sure you go into the test, not just feeling prepared, but also fresh.

True. Maybe I'll take it easy every other day - space out a PT over the course of the day.

Alorain wrote:I'm going to be relaxed going into this test. I actually enjoy PTs, and this should be no different. I was too high strung for June and October. I have a good enough score on hand to get into a school I wouldn't mind attending in Canada, so I'm not really feeling a ton of pressure. Just going to go in there and treat it like a PT and don't see any reason why 170+ isn't obtainable.

Nice. Good outlook. I'm trying to keep things in perspective too - reminding myself that when I first started this journey, I was stuck in the low 150's for quite some time.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:53 am

Just did 51.5

1LR
4RC
0LG

174 (-8 curve.. wtf)

Clearly gotta go over this RC in the morning... regressing a little.

HawkeyeGirl

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:07 am

I can't tell if this means you're making fun of me....

HawkeyeGirl

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:08 am

Alorain wrote:I'm taking 3 more PTs before the dance.

Saturday, Monday, Thursday. Drilling LG and LR on the days in between.

Then, on the 1st: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhf5cuXiLTA

I'm going to be relaxed going into this test. I actually enjoy PTs, and this should be no different. I was too high strung for June and October. I have a good enough score on hand to get into a school I wouldn't mind attending in Canada, so I'm not really feeling a ton of pressure. Just going to go in there and treat it like a PT and don't see any reason why 170+ isn't obtainable.

Nice Al, that attitude is clutch. Btw loving the avatar

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”