December 2012 Re-takers

User avatar
Sugar Lumps
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 7:50 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Sugar Lumps » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:43 pm

GabeQuixote wrote:
Sugar Lumps wrote:
mrizza wrote:
Sugar Lumps wrote:The Blind Assassin is sooooo gooooood.


moar study, less books


You just want me to stroke your beard at Northwestern. I KNOW WHAT GAME YOU'RE PLAYING.


[img]


Image

User avatar
PickledPanda
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby PickledPanda » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:45 pm

I would flirt with you Gabe. What's your favorite food? Cutie.

User avatar
GabeQuixote
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:26 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby GabeQuixote » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:48 pm

Sugar Lumps wrote:
Image


Image

User avatar
GabeQuixote
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:26 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby GabeQuixote » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:49 pm

PickledPanda wrote:I would flirt with you Gabe. What's your favorite food? Cutie.


Image

User avatar
PickledPanda
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby PickledPanda » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:56 pm

Image

You know what, Gabe. Never mind.

User avatar
desiballa21
Posts: 440
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:33 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby desiballa21 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:24 pm

PT 55

LR1 -2
RC -2
LG -0
LR2 -3

172.. Last time I took this PT I scored -4 on LG so better there..

66 sometime this week, 67 early next week. holla

User avatar
Lenahan3
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 12:57 am

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Lenahan3 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:25 pm

I got a minor lol out of this GIF conversation ^

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Cobretti » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:28 pm

PickledPanda wrote:Image

You know what, Gabe. Never mind.


How long have you had that one chambered?

User avatar
HawkeyeGirl
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:44 pm

Just going through my email from today and get really excited when I saw an email from NYU....but it was just their b-school asking me to apply :( no fee waiver

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Cobretti » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:49 pm

HawkeyeGirl wrote:Just going through my email from today and get really excited when I saw an email from NYU....but it was just their b-school asking me to apply :( no fee waiver


I've gotten so many of those... driving me insane.

User avatar
HawkeyeGirl
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:57 pm

mrizza wrote:
HawkeyeGirl wrote:Just going through my email from today and get really excited when I saw an email from NYU....but it was just their b-school asking me to apply :( no fee waiver


I've gotten so many of those... driving me insane.


The b-schools are so persistent. I get an email from MIT, NYU and Kellogg at least twice a week. And I don't even have great stats!

User avatar
HawkeyeGirl
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:05 pm

Just submitted the Northwestern JD/MBA part 1 application (biographical stuff) and paid the fee.... Ittt'ssss realllllll.....craycray

User avatar
CardozoLaw09
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:06 pm

HawkeyeGirl wrote:
mrizza wrote:
HawkeyeGirl wrote:Just going through my email from today and get really excited when I saw an email from NYU....but it was just their b-school asking me to apply :( no fee waiver


I've gotten so many of those... driving me insane.


The b-schools are so persistent. I get an email from MIT, NYU and Kellogg at least twice a week. And I don't even have great stats!


What information do these school reps see anyways aside from your GPA, major, and LSAT score? I got an e-mail from UMN about their JD/MBA program but my stats suck as well lol, curious as to what may have motivated them

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Cobretti » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:13 pm

CardozoLaw09 wrote:
HawkeyeGirl wrote:
mrizza wrote:
HawkeyeGirl wrote:Just going through my email from today and get really excited when I saw an email from NYU....but it was just their b-school asking me to apply :( no fee waiver


I've gotten so many of those... driving me insane.


The b-schools are so persistent. I get an email from MIT, NYU and Kellogg at least twice a week. And I don't even have great stats!


What information do these school reps see anyways aside from your GPA, major, and LSAT score? I got an e-mail from UMN about their JD/MBA program but my stats suck as well lol, curious as to what may have motivated them


We both took the GMAT

User avatar
Lenahan3
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 12:57 am

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Lenahan3 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:15 pm

K, so I just took a long sit-down with !Kung to see where I went wrong. It wasn't that the passage was ridiculously difficult or anything, or even the answers were worded harder than usual. It was more like I didn't read the answers as closely as I should have, and it cost me. The only one that was really of any commentable difficulty level was #12, and that's just because I'm bad with those questions.

Good lesson.

chadbrochill
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:19 am

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby chadbrochill » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:24 pm

desiballa21 wrote:PT 55

LR1 -2
RC -2
LG -0
LR2 -3

172.. Last time I took this PT I scored -4 on LG so better there..

66 sometime this week, 67 early next week. holla


Keep it up! Good job on the LG & RC 8)

chadbrochill
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:19 am

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby chadbrochill » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Alorain wrote:This was me, steaming through PT 40's LG section, thinking a -0 was surely in order. Until Zephyr blindsided me:

[img]blindside[/img]

What a dirty play, LSAT.


Ya that game drove me crazy. I think my main takeaway from that game was for odd games...stick to the rules.

Glad to see you're getting better at LG, you're gonna start crushing them and never look back, I can smell it :lol:

User avatar
HawkeyeGirl
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:45 pm

Just checked my snail mail for the first time in 2 weeks. :shock: overflowing with giant law school packets!! Idk about you guys, but I love flipping through these things haha

User avatar
Lenahan3
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 12:57 am

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Lenahan3 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:12 am

chadbrochill wrote:
Alorain wrote:This was me, steaming through PT 40's LG section, thinking a -0 was surely in order. Until Zephyr blindsided me:

[img]blindside[/img]

What a dirty play, LSAT.


Ya that game drove me crazy. I think my main takeaway from that game was for odd games...stick to the rules.

Glad to see you're getting better at LG, you're gonna start crushing them and never look back, I can smell it :lol:


I just hit up the ole Juarez and Rosenburg game, which reminded me of something that I've always tried to incorporate on weird/hard games...when in doubt, write, diagram, doodle, do something! The worst thing in the world for me on games is to stare at it and try to figure it out. It just leads to wasted time/wrong answers/rushed feelings.

User avatar
gguuueessttt
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:18 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby gguuueessttt » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:00 pm

Holy traffic batman!

Just finished taking PT 29 on the bus.

LR1: -1
LR2: -1
LG: -1
RC: -2
Score: 177

This was the best I've ever done on a pt early in the morning in a disruptive environment (started at 6:40am). Woohoo.

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Cobretti » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:13 pm

gguuueessttt wrote:Holy traffic batman!

Just finished taking PT 29 on the bus.

LR1: -1
LR2: -1
LG: -1
RC: -2
Score: 177

This was the best I've ever done on a pt early in the morning in a disruptive environment (started at 6:40am). Woohoo.


most impressive

User avatar
GabeQuixote
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:26 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby GabeQuixote » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:18 pm

PickledPanda wrote:Image

You know what, Gabe. Never mind.


:?

User avatar
Lenahan3
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 12:57 am

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Lenahan3 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:39 pm

mrizza wrote:
gguuueessttt wrote:Holy traffic batman!

Just finished taking PT 29 on the bus.

LR1: -1
LR2: -1
LG: -1
RC: -2
Score: 177

This was the best I've ever done on a pt early in the morning in a disruptive environment (started at 6:40am). Woohoo.


most impressive


Indeed.

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Cobretti » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:04 pm

Arbitrarily chosen RC passages from the cambridge bundle for this Sunday:

Natural Sciences
pg. 68 - PT7S3P3
pg. 66 - PT35S2P3
Pg. 38 - PT16S4P3
Pg. 36 - PT32S2P4
Pg. 16 - PT11S3P3
Pg. 14 - PT30S3P1

Law
Pg. 72 - PT3S3P3
Pg. 66 - PT33S2P4
Pg. 52 - PT2S1P4
Pg. 50 - PT26S4P4
Pg. 24 - PT32S2P1
Pg. 22 - PT12S3P3

Plan for Sunday at 11AM PST/2PM EST again. If anyone needs a different time speak up.

User avatar
Lenahan3
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 12:57 am

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Lenahan3 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:19 pm

PT 59:

LG: -3 (wtf)
LR: -2 (again, wtf)
Ex. LR: -1
LR: -0
RC: -4 (3 of them on the first passage, on 1 star difficulty questions)

174/180

Granted, PT 59 is one of the hardest PT's I've encountered, with like a -14 curve or something ridiculous, but this is still unacceptable. The LG should be -0, regardless of the difficulty levels, and the RC, particularly with the questions that I missed, is far too high. My only excuse is that this is the same place that I took a test last Wednesday and scored low then too, so maybe it's this place's atmosphere, but that's a weak excuse.

Reviewing it tonight and seeing how/why I fxcked up so badly.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 34iplaw, Alexandros, dontsaywhatyoumean, Tazewell, Voyager and 12 guests