December 2012 Re-takers

User avatar
Alorain
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:57 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Alorain » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:00 pm

bitsy wrote:What?? We already did the RC review? I thought it was at 9pm c. Damn you and your military time rizza.


Who are you trying to kid, like you even need the review.

A.Taarabt7
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:45 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby A.Taarabt7 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:02 pm

just wanted to get some feedback on rc from people that are doing well on it. what is your process?

mine is read passage,mark up, on side write down one or two word structure summary for each paragraph as im reading. then when done look over passage for maybe 5 seconds max at highlighted parts. i then progress to the Qs and usually have to look back at passage for each one to verify an answer. is this what u guys do or do u answer from memory for some of the questions? as im reading if i detect author opinion or voice i note that down as well, and highlight any process or person described, in addition to making sure i understand any lengthy ex that author uses

User avatar
bitsy
Posts: 196
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:06 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby bitsy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:03 pm

Alorain wrote:
bitsy wrote:What?? We already did the RC review? I thought it was at 9pm c. Damn you and your military time rizza.


Who are you trying to kid, like you even need the review.

Lol I went -5 on RC in October.

Good to have you back, pal.

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Cobretti » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:05 pm

bitsy wrote:What?? We already did the RC review? I thought it was at 9pm c. Damn you and your military time rizza.


mrizza wrote:
bitsy wrote:
mrizza wrote:Social Sciences:
Pg 6: pt24s1p2
Pg 8: pt6s1p2
Pg 38: pt12s3p2
Pg 40: pt17s4p3
Pg 66: pt8s3p4
Pg 68: pt32s2p2

Law:
Pg 12: pt36s2p4
Pg 14: pt7s3p4
Pg 46: pt24s1p3
Pg 48: pt4s2p1
Pg 68: pt30s3p3
Pg 70: pt35s2p4


seconded. id be down for sunday or monday, but not saturday. that shits the sabbath.


Let's say Sunday at 11am PST for RC then, if anyone has a different time they'd like to request speak up.


Fail

User avatar
chem!
Posts: 9380
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:03 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby chem! » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:05 pm

A.Taarabt7 wrote:just wanted to get some feedback on rc from people that are doing well on it. what is your process?

mine is read passage,mark up, on side write down one or two word structure summary for each paragraph as im reading. then when done look over passage for maybe 5 seconds max at highlighted parts. i then progress to the Qs and usually have to look back at passage for each one to verify an answer. is this what u guys do or do u answer from memory for some of the questions? as im reading if i detect author opinion or voice i note that down as well, and highlight any process or person described, in addition to making sure i understand any lengthy ex that author uses


I underline a few key points and have never made notes. RC is my best area naturally though, so my methods may be atypical.

ETA: to clarify, I probably answer 50% from memory and scan back for the rest. The science and comp passages I can usually knock out in about 12 minutes, which gives me the time I need on the other two. The arts passages and and the other one usually have so many details and nuances in them that they take me longer in general.
Last edited by chem! on Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Alorain
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:57 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Alorain » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:08 pm

A.Taarabt7 wrote:just wanted to get some feedback on rc from people that are doing well on it. what is your process?

mine is read passage,mark up, on side write down one or two word structure summary for each paragraph as im reading. then when done look over passage for maybe 5 seconds max at highlighted parts. i then progress to the Qs and usually have to look back at passage for each one to verify an answer. is this what u guys do or do u answer from memory for some of the questions? as im reading if i detect author opinion or voice i note that down as well, and highlight any process or person described, in addition to making sure i understand any lengthy ex that author uses


I dont mark up the passage at all. I simply write a 2-3 word summary beside each paragraph upon finishing it.

-2 RC on June 2012
-3 RC on October 2012

YMMV

User avatar
applemaroon
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby applemaroon » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:11 pm

.
Last edited by applemaroon on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Alorain
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:57 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Alorain » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:12 pm

applemaroon wrote:
mrizza wrote:
mrizza wrote:Social Sciences:
Pg 6: pt24s1p2
Pg 8: pt6s1p2
Pg 38: pt12s3p2
Pg 40: pt17s4p3
Pg 66: pt8s3p4
Pg 68: pt32s2p2

Law:
Pg 12: pt36s2p4
Pg 14: pt7s3p4
Pg 46: pt24s1p3
Pg 48: pt4s2p1
Pg 68: pt30s3p3
Pg 70: pt35s2p4

Chat


Thanks to everyone that came out. Its great getting so many different viewpoints on why answers are right/wrong.


Is this sarcasm?


Wasn't there, and I can't verify, but I wouldn't put it past Mrizza.

User avatar
Alorain
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:57 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Alorain » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:15 pm

bitsy wrote:
Alorain wrote:
bitsy wrote:What?? We already did the RC review? I thought it was at 9pm c. Damn you and your military time rizza.


Who are you trying to kid, like you even need the review.

Lol I went -5 on RC in October.

Good to have you back, pal.


Aww, thanks. Missed you guys too. I was swamped with schoolwork the past week; that has been dealt with. LSAT is my life from now until Dec. 1st.

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Cobretti » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:16 pm

applemaroon wrote:
mrizza wrote:
mrizza wrote:Social Sciences:
Pg 6: pt24s1p2
Pg 8: pt6s1p2
Pg 38: pt12s3p2
Pg 40: pt17s4p3
Pg 66: pt8s3p4
Pg 68: pt32s2p2

Law:
Pg 12: pt36s2p4
Pg 14: pt7s3p4
Pg 46: pt24s1p3
Pg 48: pt4s2p1
Pg 68: pt30s3p3
Pg 70: pt35s2p4

Chat


Thanks to everyone that came out. Its great getting so many different viewpoints on why answers are right/wrong.


Is this sarcasm?


Shhhhh Apple, hyping it up for next week. Was very helpful either way though.

User avatar
applemaroon
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby applemaroon » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:18 pm

.
Last edited by applemaroon on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Alorain
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:57 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Alorain » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:21 pm

applemaroon wrote:Alright. Lots of thanks and love to the 2 dozen ppl that showed up! I will be -0 on RC because of all of you. :D :D :D :D


Your 'tar is so despondent looking applemaroon. I become sad every time I look at it.

User avatar
bitsy
Posts: 196
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:06 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby bitsy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:22 pm

mrizza wrote:
bitsy wrote:What?? We already did the RC review? I thought it was at 9pm c. Damn you and your military time rizza.


mrizza wrote:
bitsy wrote:
mrizza wrote:Social Sciences:
Pg 6: pt24s1p2
Pg 8: pt6s1p2
Pg 38: pt12s3p2
Pg 40: pt17s4p3
Pg 66: pt8s3p4
Pg 68: pt32s2p2

Law:
Pg 12: pt36s2p4
Pg 14: pt7s3p4
Pg 46: pt24s1p3
Pg 48: pt4s2p1
Pg 68: pt30s3p3
Pg 70: pt35s2p4


seconded. id be down for sunday or monday, but not saturday. that shits the sabbath.


Let's say Sunday at 11am PST for RC then, if anyone has a different time they'd like to request speak up.


Fail

Exactly-- I said I sucked at RC

User avatar
applemaroon
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby applemaroon » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:22 pm

.
Last edited by applemaroon on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Alorain
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:57 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Alorain » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:25 pm

bitsy wrote:Exactly-- I said I sucked at RC


Yeah, you suck at it so much that you only got a 99th percentile score. For shame. How do you look yourself in the mirror each morning?

User avatar
applemaroon
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby applemaroon » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:26 pm

.
Last edited by applemaroon on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
gguuueessttt
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:18 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby gguuueessttt » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:27 pm

applemaroon wrote:
Alorain wrote:
bitsy wrote:Exactly-- I said I sucked at RC


Yeah, you suck at it so much that you only got a 99th percentile score. For shame. How do you look yourself in the mirror each morning?



you got a 99th percentile score? Why are you here......


For cash money.

User avatar
Alorain
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:57 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Alorain » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:27 pm

applemaroon wrote:
Alorain wrote:
bitsy wrote:Exactly-- I said I sucked at RC


Yeah, you suck at it so much that you only got a 99th percentile score. For shame. How do you look yourself in the mirror each morning?



you got a 99th percentile score? Why are you here......


This is TLS, is that even a question?

User avatar
bitsy
Posts: 196
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:06 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby bitsy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:28 pm

applemaroon wrote:
Alorain wrote:
bitsy wrote:Exactly-- I said I sucked at RC


Yeah, you suck at it so much that you only got a 99th percentile score. For shame. How do you look yourself in the mirror each morning?



you got a 99th percentile score? Why are you here......

For the attention

User avatar
Alorain
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:57 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Alorain » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:29 pm

bitsy wrote:
applemaroon wrote:
Alorain wrote:
bitsy wrote:Exactly-- I said I sucked at RC


Yeah, you suck at it so much that you only got a 99th percentile score. For shame. How do you look yourself in the mirror each morning?



you got a 99th percentile score? Why are you here......

For the attention


Yeah, figures. You didn't need too much prompting to PW. :lol:

User avatar
gguuueessttt
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:18 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby gguuueessttt » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:31 pm

Alorain wrote:
bitsy wrote:For the attention


Yeah, figures. You didn't need too much prompting to PW. :lol:


Don't tease her she might stop.

User avatar
applemaroon
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby applemaroon » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:32 pm

.
Last edited by applemaroon on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lenahan3
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 12:57 am

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Lenahan3 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:36 pm

Yeah, figures. You didn't need too much prompting to PW. :lol


I actually never saw Bitsy's PW.

User avatar
bitsy
Posts: 196
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:06 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby bitsy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:39 pm

applemaroon wrote:lol good enough reason for me. Good luck studying

Same to you sir

User avatar
Sugar Lumps
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 7:50 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Sugar Lumps » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:48 pm

Someone pick me up and drop me in the shower. kthx.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests