December 2012 Re-takers

gguuueessttt

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby gguuueessttt » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:53 am

PickledPanda wrote:
M.M. wrote:
PickledPanda wrote:Assuming non-URM (or spectacular softs) and a sub 3.8 you have no chance at Berkeley with a 161. Hopefully LSAC will let you sign up for December, though. You're out at USC and UCLA too as it stands.

That's important because if you cannot at least get WL they will not normally consider a Feb score. So, you might want to wait out a cycle. But! I still think LSAC is going to hook you up.

Wtf should I tell LSAC?

I know I'm out at Berkeley and most other schools, trust me I never even considered applying with a 161 :(

Just be honest. Tell them why you forgot to sign up and tie in how the delay in score contributed.

Guest you made my point. Harvard is not on those lists. Just that TTT Yale.

Oh my gosh pickled who knew you were such a Harvard snob!!!!

Michigan is on the list so that's all that matters to lil old me.

bitsy

Postby bitsy » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:54 am

applemaroon wrote:
M.M. wrote:
PickledPanda wrote:Assuming non-URM (or spectacular softs) and a sub 3.8 you have no chance at Berkeley with a 161. Hopefully LSAC will let you sign up for December, though. You're out at USC and UCLA too as it stands.

That's important because if you cannot at least get WL they will not normally consider a Feb score. So, you might want to wait out a cycle. But! I still think LSAC is going to hook you up.

Wtf should I tell LSAC?

I know I'm out at Berkeley and most other schools, trust me I never even considered applying with a 161 :(

Just beg/plead/cry/refuse to hang up/don't give up until you get someone nice enough on the phone that takes pity

yeah, and cite all the confusion from Sandy and the late LSAT release. it might work, but LSAC has been pretty rigid with deadlines in the past.

keep us updated.

Lenahan3

Postby Lenahan3 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:54 am

Thank god for rage mode and instant re-signing up.

PickledPanda

Postby PickledPanda » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:55 am

Lenahan3 wrote:Thank god for rage mode and instant re-signing up.

M.M.

Postby M.M. » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:55 am

applemaroon wrote:
M.M. wrote:

Wtf should I tell LSAC?

Just beg/plead/cry/refuse to hang up/don't give up until you get someone nice enough on the phone that takes pity

For sure ... damn I feel so bad too, I was finally getting LG and for the first time had a lot of confidence I could get a 170+ and I have just been so busy with everything on my plate I literally didn't even think of signing up for it until tonight.

@ Guuuueesst, you're saying that the schools from the above list I wouldn't be harmed much by submitting a February LSAT, and the schools from the second list I can still apply but run the risk of not getting financial aid etc?

gguuueessttt

Postby gguuueessttt » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:56 am

M.M. wrote:
applemaroon wrote:
M.M. wrote:

Wtf should I tell LSAC?

For sure ... damn I feel so bad too, I was finally getting LG and for the first time had a lot of confidence I could get a 170+ and I have just been so busy with everything on my plate I literally didn't even think of signing up for it until tonight.

@ Guuuueesst, you're saying that the schools from the above list I wouldn't be harmed much by submitting a February LSAT, and the schools from the second list I can still apply but run the risk of not getting financial aid etc?

yep exactly :)
Good luck!

M.M.

Postby M.M. » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:03 am

gguuueessttt wrote:
Good luck!

Thanks a bunch. For real. I've read posts about schools accepting applications later than posted deadlines recently because of the lack of applicants ... do you guys think this could realistically work to my advantage ?

enidwexler

Postby enidwexler » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:04 am

bitsy wrote:yeah, and cite all the confusion from Sandy and the late LSAT release. it might work, but LSAC has been pretty rigid with deadlines in the past.

keep us updated.

This. Keeping my fingers crossed for you, M.M.!

enidwexler

Postby enidwexler » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:05 am

Quick question: are "identify the conclusion" and "identify the main point" questions the same?

PickledPanda

Postby PickledPanda » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:08 am

enidwexler wrote:Quick question: are "identify the conclusion" and "identify the main point" questions the same?

No. But Sort of.

ItC: There has to be an argument supported by something. Look for what is supported by the rest.

MP: This can be a set of facts without an argument. Why am I being told X?

annet

Postby annet » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:13 am

Cambridge necessary assumption bundle did not go well. Turns out hard questions are hard. Who knew?

Meh. Tomorrow, flaws! Right now? Sleeeeep.

M.M.

Postby M.M. » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:16 am

Thank you for the support guys. As you can imagine I'm feeling pretty down right now ... and your posts are definitely helping. So you think I should just cite the Sandy confusion and say I thought the dates were going to be pushed back more? Or what? (I was thinking of saying something, but don't really want to post it here, and sorry if you've given me your thoughts on this already I just don't know what I could say beyond that Sandy screwed me up)

applemaroon

Postby applemaroon » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:17 am

Last edited by applemaroon on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zniha

Postby zniha » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:21 am

Well just finished PT 52, honestly I thought besides the actual October test it was the hardest test I have taken.

Additionally, I took it in a noisy place which was a first for me, and two days ago I quit tobacco, as I though maybe being able to be tobacco free for the test, unlike last time where I went 6 hours without it, (let alone my health), might help me out.

I fought a pretty brutal headache throughout and am pretty proud of myself here.

What did other people think of PT 52?

Heres my stats I went

LR: -8
LG: -8
RC: -7

Seemed to be a bit of a theme here.

Still trying to build consistency and putting longer strings of correct answers together any ideas?

chadbrochill

Postby chadbrochill » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:22 am

bitsy wrote:yeah, and cite all the confusion from Sandy and the late LSAT release. it might work, but LSAC has been pretty rigid with deadlines in the past.

keep us updated.

This M.M.
Last edited by chadbrochill on Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

enidwexler

Postby enidwexler » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:24 am

PickledPanda wrote:
enidwexler wrote:Quick question: are "identify the conclusion" and "identify the main point" questions the same?

No. But Sort of.

ItC: There has to be an argument supported by something. Look for what is supported by the rest.

MP: This can be a set of facts without an argument. Why am I being told X?

Gotcha. Thanks!

M.M.

Postby M.M. » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:27 am

M.M. wrote:
gguuueessttt wrote:
Good luck!

Thanks a bunch. For real. I've read posts about schools accepting applications later than posted deadlines recently because of the lack of applicants ... do you guys think this could realistically work to my advantage ?

Actually, one more quick Q... what do you guys think about this ?

Also: weren't the initial deadlines October 29th, and the late registration deadlines November 9th? It says on their website that those were the deadlines. But those deadlines aren't any different than the ones that were initially posted, i.e they didn't actually push registration deadlines back as a result of Sandy / all the lateness of getting test scores out? Does anyone know what the actual late registration deadline was as a result of Sandy?
Last edited by M.M. on Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

enidwexler

Postby enidwexler » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:28 am

zniha wrote:Well just finished PT 52, honestly I thought besides the actual October test it was the hardest test I have taken.

Additionally, I took it in a noisy place which was a first for me, and two days ago I quit tobacco, as I though maybe being able to be tobacco free for the test, unlike last time where I went 6 hours without it, (let alone my health), might help me out.

I fought a pretty brutal headache throughout and am pretty proud of myself here.

Heres my stats I went

Still trying to build consistency and putting longer strings of correct answers together any ideas?

You seem pretty consistent across the board... how are you doing on time? If I were you, I'd either (1) review prep materials and/or (2) keep PT'ing to get better at recognizing trends and move through questions faster.

zniha

Postby zniha » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:34 am

enidwexler wrote:
zniha wrote:Well just finished PT 52, honestly I thought besides the actual October test it was the hardest test I have taken.

Heres my stats I went

You seem pretty consistent across the board... how are you doing on time? If I were you, I'd either (1) review prep materials and/or (2) keep PT'ing to get better at recognizing trends and move through questions faster.

Time wise on LR I usually finish with 2-5 min remaining, on games I finish with about a minute remaining and on RC typically I cut in close but tonight I finished almost 6 min early. The general trend for me has been the more I PT or drill the better I do so I think I need to stick with that trend these were not my best scores in each category ever, but also not my worst.

enidwexler

Postby enidwexler » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:27 am

Realization (that hopefully might help some other folks): I almost always get a clump of questions wrong half-way through a LR section. I'm just realizing it's purely due to a combination of cockiness and laziness. They're not horribly difficult questions, but I read too fast and miss a crucial word, causing me to pick the wrong answer choice.

boblawlob

Postby boblawlob » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:35 am

Slacked off a bit today. Mostly did review of a PT.

Just did PT 21 RC...fresh I believe

-3 (Woo!)

Timing is still partially an issue

Passage 1 - 8 questions - 11 minutes
Passage 2 - 8 questions - 11 minutes
Passage 3 - 5 questions - 6.5 min
Passage 4 - 6 questions - 6.5 min

8 question passages should only take 10 mins max!

HawkeyeGirl

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:41 am

chat????

gguuueessttt

Postby gguuueessttt » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:19 am

You guys are the best.

I'm taking PT 67 today. Hopefully I get above a 169.

PickledPanda

Postby PickledPanda » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:34 pm

Just for the record, I have been up since 10am. Carry on.

Lenahan3

Postby Lenahan3 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:09 pm

I wanted to take PT 67 today, but I jammed my finger so horribly that I can't hold a pencil. Might have to put it off until Monday, but hopefully tomorrow.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”