December 2012 Re-takers

M.M.

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby M.M. » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:57 am

I think I might get addicted to coffee until the LSAT. BRB, love studying LG when on it.

In other news, LG is slowly coming together for me... I'm seeing deductions that I never saw before, I just need MOAR SPEED

99.9luft

Postby 99.9luft » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:08 am

HawkeyeGirl wrote:
99.9luft wrote:Had a shit day today (fuck you PT 43 RC). Tomorrow is going to be better. Carrying on.

In other news, miss the tinychat waiting and worm's random ass hypotheticals mostly related to you-know-what. 8)

Seconded on all counts!! Dec waiters tinychat will be awesome. Today sucked as I've officially reached the 70th hour of work since Monday....and still at the office.... And am way too tired to study...:(

poor hawk. :( call in sick or smth - you don't wanna burn out at work. Consistently sleeping less than 8 hours (i suspect you're guilty of this) can't propel you into the 170s - advice from an actual LSAT tutor.

p.s. if we were in the chat room, i bet you would get numerous requests to show your bobos (bra notwithstanding) to make you feel better about your pizza- and beer-filled night. Okay, i need to stop foreshadowing the dec chat.

HawkeyeGirl

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:11 am

99.9luft wrote:
HawkeyeGirl wrote:
99.9luft wrote:Had a shit day today (fuck you PT 43 RC). Tomorrow is going to be better. Carrying on.

In other news, miss the tinychat waiting and worm's random ass hypotheticals mostly related to you-know-what. 8)

Seconded on all counts!! Dec waiters tinychat will be awesome. Today sucked as I've officially reached the 70th hour of work since Monday....and still at the office.... And am way too tired to study...:(

poor hawk. :( call in sick or smth - you don't wanna burn out at work. Consistently sleeping less than 8 hours (i suspect you're guilty of this) can't propel you into the 170s - advice from an actual LSAT tutor.

p.s. if we were in the chat room, i bet you would get numerous requests to show your bobos (bra notwithstanding) to make you feel better about your pizza- and beer-filled night. Okay, i need to stop foreshadowing the dec chat.

No sick days in banking. Just gotta power through. I've accepted I won't get a great score on dec, just hoping for 1-2 more points

Edit: Weeks like this reinforce my decision to leave finance though, so there is a silver lining. I'm not even working on a deal right now, just pitching. So the likelihood of my firm getting paid for the work I'm doing now is actually pretty low. It's really demoralizing that all my late nights and hard work basically means nothing. Despite the shittiness of billing by the hour, at least everything lawyers do is meaningful on some level (i.e. at least the firm gets paid for it, even if it's an obscene waste of time).
Last edited by HawkeyeGirl on Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

99.9luft

Postby 99.9luft » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:22 am

HawkeyeGirl wrote:No sick days in banking. Just gotta power through. I've accepted I won't get a great score on dec, just hoping for 1-2 more points

yeah banking is intense. good luck!

I know what you mean about being realistic re the score. Personally, my road to a decent score is not to fuck up on LG and to actually get a -0 like I do on all the practice ones. That, according to my calculations, should put me in mid-160s or better, so i don't have to /self

PickledPanda

Postby PickledPanda » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:28 am

Where is our Alorain?

HawkeyeGirl

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:28 am

PickledPanda wrote:Where is our Alorain?

Studying like a good boy

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:30 am

HawkeyeGirl wrote:
PickledPanda wrote:Where is our Alorain?

Studying like a good boy

5 minute breaks are meant for tsl trolling though, inexcusable

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:33 am

random book idea:

5 Shades of Grey: Confessions of a LSAT Guesser

PickledPanda

Postby PickledPanda » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:38 am

If you wrote it, I would read it.

gguuueessttt

Postby gguuueessttt » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:39 am

mrizza wrote:random book idea:

I really enjoy this.

M.M.

Postby M.M. » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:41 am

Hey guys, I need help real quick... not sure how I didn't notice this before, but I just realized on In / Out games that rules such as "Upchurch must serve on a different committee from the one on which Guzman serves" can be added to my conditional chains.

At first I diagrammed them incorrectly, only putting, for instance, If G in F, then U in I ... but then I realized that this also meant that if U in I, then G in F ... it's just that the way I diagram, this causes weird chains in my conditional chain:

--ImageRemoved--

I really hate using the <-> arrows. Can anyone suggest a better way to diagram this than what I just figured out I could do?

This is from PT 41, Game 3 BTW. I feel like this is a bit of a breakthrough on In / Out games, but I just need to perfect it.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:44 am

M.M. wrote:Hey guys, I need help real quick... not sure how I didn't notice this before, but I just realized on In / Out games that rules such as "Upchurch must serve on a different committee from the one on which Guzman serves" can be added to my conditional chains.

At first I diagrammed them incorrectly, only putting, for instance, If G in F, then U in I ... but then I realized that this also meant that if U in I, then G in F ... it's just that the way I diagram, this causes weird chains in my conditional chain:

--ImageRemoved--

I really hate using the <-> arrows. Can anyone suggest a better way to diagram this than what I just figured out I could do?

This is from PT 41, Game 3 BTW. I feel like this is a bit of a breakthrough on In / Out games, but I just need to perfect it.

In those situations I'll write out Gf -> Ui -> *rest of chain*, then write Ui <-> Gf separately

ETA: If it causes 2 separate chains ill just write out a Gf->Ui chain and a Ui->Gf chain.

M.M.

Postby M.M. » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:01 am

mrizza wrote:
M.M. wrote:Hey guys, I need help real quick... not sure how I didn't notice this before, but I just realized on In / Out games that rules such as "Upchurch must serve on a different committee from the one on which Guzman serves" can be added to my conditional chains.

--ImageRemoved--

In those situations I'll write out Gf -> Ui -> *rest of chain*, then write Ui <-> Gf separately

ETA: If it causes 2 separate chains ill just write out a Gf->Ui chain and a Ui->Gf chain.

In the situation where it causes 2 separate chains, wouldn't you be missing a rule for what happens when Uf -> Gi, and Gi -> Uf?

HawkeyeGirl

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:03 am

Hahahahaha I'm dying. I think I may be overtired, but I'm laughing hysterically over here. I just got home from work and tomorrow will be a really easy day so I may be a little giddy from that too....

Also this gem from the other thread:
mrizza wrote:Fuck all night like rabbits

Mrizza's getting a 180 at life today

AKsnow

Postby AKsnow » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:10 am

This is fantastic. I think you should write a chapter for the wait.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:22 am

AKsnow wrote:

I don't think I could maintain the complex eroticism of the original 50 shades

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:25 am

M.M. wrote:
mrizza wrote:

--ImageRemoved--

In the situation where it causes 2 separate chains, wouldn't you be missing a rule for what happens when Uf -> Gi, and Gi -> Uf?

Not sure what you're getting at. I think the bottom line is don't make mapping your crux, you still have to give them a lot of thought as you're going through the questions.

PickledPanda

Postby PickledPanda » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:37 am

I found something I love more than pickles

HawkeyeGirl

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:38 am

mrizza wrote:
AKsnow wrote:

We can write it all together.

"Show me how you pleasure weaken yourself … You’re so deliciously tempting. God, I want you … I’m going to fuck pick you now, Answer choice C … Hard ... Come Credit for me, C.”

applemaroon

Postby applemaroon » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:46 am

Last edited by applemaroon on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gguuueessttt

Postby gguuueessttt » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:52 am

HawkeyeGirl wrote:
mrizza wrote:
AKsnow wrote:

"Show me how you pleasure weaken yourself … You’re so deliciously tempting. God, I want you … I’m going to fuck pick you now, Answer choice C … Hard ... Come Credit for me, C.”

“Trust me?” C breathes.

I nod, wide-eyed, my heart bouncing off my ribs, my blood thundering around my body. My breathing quickens.

C stares up at me, his bubble dark with want. His look is triumphant, mixed with relief.

“Good,” he murmurs and smiles a wicked, knowing smile. Oh wait no...no...the answer is B.

“Please,” I protest, trying to erase him.

He won't erase. He's still grey. "You can't get rid of me, bitch," he says. "If you keep trying to erase me, I won't let you bubble me ever again."

Oh my. I can barely contain myself. I sit there, helpless. I am beginning to get wet on my forehead as sweat forms on my brow.

I decide to let him stay, but I bubble in B anyway. "Isn't this nice?" B asks. But I can see C glaring at me and I wonder if the scantron will detect that he isn't fully erased. C has always been able to read me like a book, ever since I first bubbled him years ago.

"You better not dare try to erase me, you greedy little test-taker, or I will punish you," he growls.

ETA: I just copied and pasted an excerpt from the book and rewrote it to fit the theme. It seems I will do anything to avoid studying.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:56 am

I have truly unleashed pandora's box, god help us

gguuueessttt

Postby gguuueessttt » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:57 am

mrizza wrote:I have truly unleashed pandora's box, god help us

You'll wish you were more supportive when hawk and I make millions and live in luxury during 1L

AKsnow

Postby AKsnow » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:58 am

gguuueessttt wrote:
HawkeyeGirl wrote:

“Trust me?” C breathes.

I nod, wide-eyed, my heart bouncing off my ribs, my blood thundering around my body. My breathing quickens.

C stares up at me, his bubble dark with want. His look is triumphant, mixed with relief.

“Good,” he murmurs and smiles a wicked, knowing smile. Oh wait no...no...the answer is B.

“Please,” I protest, trying to erase him.

He won't erase. He's still grey. "You can't get rid of me, bitch," he says. "If you keep trying to erase me, I won't let you bubble me ever again."

Oh my. I can barely contain myself. I sit there, helpless. I am beginning to get wet on my forehead as sweat forms on my brow.

I decide to let him stay, but I bubble in B anyway. "Isn't this nice?" B asks. But I can see C glaring at me and I wonder if the scantron will detect that he isn't fully erased. C has always been able to read me like a book, ever since I first bubbled him years ago.

"You better not dare try to erase me, you greedy little test-taker, or I will punish you," he growls.

ETA: I just copied and pasted an excerpt from the book and rewrote it to fit the theme. It seems I will do anything to avoid studying.

Hahahhahah I think these were even better because I'm a little wine-buzzed right now.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:00 am

gguuueessttt wrote:
mrizza wrote:I have truly unleashed pandora's box, god help us

You'll wish you were more supportive when hawk and I make millions and live in luxury during 1L

You have nothing without my title!!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”