December 2012 Re-takers

User avatar
Sugar Lumps
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 7:50 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Sugar Lumps » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:50 pm

Wormfather wrote:Come december we're going to skip right past the getting to know each other and straight into immeasurable derp/drunkenness.

Merry Fucking Christmas


I'm pretty excited about it.

User avatar
HawkeyeGirl
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:56 pm

Sugar Lumps wrote:
Wormfather wrote:Come december we're going to skip right past the getting to know each other and straight into immeasurable derp/drunkenness.

Merry Fucking Christmas


I'm pretty excited about it.


The chats will be epic. Soooo much free time while waiting will inevitably lead to craziness

User avatar
GabeQuixote
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:26 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby GabeQuixote » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:57 pm

Lenahan3 wrote:
mrizza wrote:
GabeQuixote wrote:I wish I had the free time to roll coins.


Lol you need a break Gabe, that's the saddest thing I've ever read


I was a click away from posting this sentiment. Breakdownnn.


It's just mah jerb.

:-/

rebexness
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 am

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby rebexness » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:08 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chadbrochill
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:19 am

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby chadbrochill » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:40 pm

Retook PT60 at new B&N location, which was objectively the most loud and distracting place I've tested at, won't be returning.
LR:-2
LG:-1 (misbubble :oops:)
LR2:-4
RC:-5
Scaled Score: 170

I think it was ~LR2 that an obnoxious group of boomers sat next to me and hollar'd at the top of their lungs for 1.5 hours straight. I ended rushing and finishing with no time left on last 2 sections, which never happens to me on LR. All misses concentrated at the end, I guess the lesson is I make really shitty judgement calls when pressed for time :( Gonna review this one hard, obviously upset about the score but I won't let it get me too down. I'll take it out on PT66 this Saturday. :twisted:

In other news, got my late fee refund!!!

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Cobretti » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:37 pm

chadbrochill wrote:Retook PT60 at new B&N location, which was objectively the most loud and distracting place I've tested at, won't be returning.
LR:-2
LG:-1 (misbubble :oops:)
LR2:-4
RC:-5
Scaled Score: 170

I think it was ~LR2 that an obnoxious group of boomers sat next to me and hollar'd at the top of their lungs for 1.5 hours straight. I ended rushing and finishing with no time left on last 2 sections, which never happens to me on LR. All misses concentrated at the end, I guess the lesson is I make really shitty judgement calls when pressed for time :( Gonna review this one hard, obviously upset about the score but I won't let it get me too down. I'll take it out on PT66 this Saturday. :twisted:

In other news, got my late fee refund!!!


Boomers ruin everything

User avatar
gguuueessttt
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:18 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby gguuueessttt » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:38 pm

chadbrochill wrote:Retook PT60 at new B&N location, which was objectively the most loud and distracting place I've tested at, won't be returning.
LR:-2
LG:-1 (misbubble :oops:)
LR2:-4
RC:-5
Scaled Score: 170

I think it was ~LR2 that an obnoxious group of boomers sat next to me and hollar'd at the top of their lungs for 1.5 hours straight. I ended rushing and finishing with no time left on last 2 sections, which never happens to me on LR. All misses concentrated at the end, I guess the lesson is I make really shitty judgement calls when pressed for time :( Gonna review this one hard, obviously upset about the score but I won't let it get me too down. I'll take it out on PT66 this Saturday. :twisted:

In other news, got my late fee refund!!!


Good job Chad! 170 is pretty good considering the circumstances. And *shudder* at the misbubble. That's my biggest LSAT fear.

User avatar
HawkeyeGirl
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:39 pm

Took u4e2's advice and planned a fun thing after the test. I procured some bulls tickets for the game that night! I think the key for this test is to not psych yourself out, just walk in like it's any other PT and get revenge on it like a bawss. Everyone has accomplished stuff that's sooo much more difficult and emotionally/mentally challenging, we can kill this test

User avatar
Sugar Lumps
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 7:50 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Sugar Lumps » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:41 pm

I'm all of a sudden considering a pre-law school cruise. All who wish to accompany, there will be LOTS of group cuddling.

User avatar
gguuueessttt
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:18 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby gguuueessttt » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:42 pm

HawkeyeGirl wrote:Took u4e2's advice and planned a fun thing after the test. I procured some bulls tickets for the game that night! I think the key for this test is to not psych yourself out, just walk in like it's any other PT and get revenge on it like a bawss. Everyone has accomplished stuff that's sooo much more difficult and emotionally/mentally challenging, we can kill this test


Awesome :]
I'm going to do the same (I think I'm going to head to NYC that night) so I'll be able to look forward to test day instead of being anxious.

User avatar
Lenahan3
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 12:57 am

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Lenahan3 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:45 pm

The hardest test location I've taken so far was a coffee shop. It actually wasn't super loud, but there was an interesting conversation next to me that I kept getting drawn into and it jacked me up, badly. It actually would have been helpful if there had been more noise because I could have tuned them out and used it as a sort of white noise.

User avatar
PickledPanda
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby PickledPanda » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:45 pm

Sugar Lumps wrote:I'm all of a sudden considering a pre-law school cruise. All who wish to accompany, there will be LOTS of group cuddling.


Go on. . . I like where this is going

User avatar
gguuueessttt
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:18 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby gguuueessttt » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:47 pm

Sugar Lumps wrote:I'm all of a sudden considering a pre-law school cruise. All who wish to accompany, there will be LOTS of group cuddling.



Yes! I'm graduating this semester and I was thinking of asking my family for cruise tickets for a graduation present. I'm in.

User avatar
HawkeyeGirl
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:47 pm

Sugar Lumps wrote:I'm all of a sudden considering a pre-law school cruise. All who wish to accompany, there will be LOTS of group cuddling.


I'd be down for an oct waiters/dec retakers cruise!

User avatar
chem!
Posts: 9380
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:03 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby chem! » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:48 pm

166 on PT54 on Monday. LG was my best section, but I went down -5 on the second LR. Unusual and annoying.

Overall, not bad given that my husband and two sons kept walking into the room, yelling at me from across the house and continually breaking my concentration. Whispering proctors shouldn't be an issue.

I'll be PT'ing twice this weekend and then once a day over Thanksgiving break, except for Turkey Day b/c I'll be in a food coma.

User avatar
Sugar Lumps
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 7:50 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Sugar Lumps » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:49 pm

May cruises are fairly cheap right now.

...

User avatar
HawkeyeGirl
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:49 pm

Lenahan3 wrote:The hardest test location I've taken so far was a coffee shop. It actually wasn't super loud, but there was an interesting conversation next to me that I kept getting drawn into and it jacked me up, badly. It actually would have been helpful if there had been more noise because I could have tuned them out and used it as a sort of white noise.


Agreed. It's sooo hard to tune out 1 conversation as opposed to lots of white noise

User avatar
gguuueessttt
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:18 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby gguuueessttt » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:50 pm

Sugar Lumps wrote:May cruises are fairly cheap right now.

...


If you're being serious I am very much into this.

User avatar
Sugar Lumps
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 7:50 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Sugar Lumps » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:50 pm

gguuueessttt wrote:
Sugar Lumps wrote:May cruises are fairly cheap right now.

...


If you're being serious I am very much into this.


I'm super serial.

User avatar
chem!
Posts: 9380
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:03 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby chem! » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:51 pm

Wormfather wrote:
Sugar Lumps wrote:I'm all of a sudden considering a pre-law school cruise. All who wish to accompany, there will be LOTS of group cuddling.


OMG, Mrs. Worm and I were looking at cruises today! She even said it would be a nice reward for lsat/law school acceptances.


Best cruise ever - the Paul Gauguin in French Polynesia. Worth every fucking penny, but then you end up getting the Polynesian flu which can only be cured by a return trip.

We're doing an NCL Hawaiian cruise with the family next summer so the boys can see the major islands.

User avatar
Sugar Lumps
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 7:50 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Sugar Lumps » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:52 pm

chem! wrote:
Wormfather wrote:
Sugar Lumps wrote:I'm all of a sudden considering a pre-law school cruise. All who wish to accompany, there will be LOTS of group cuddling.


OMG, Mrs. Worm and I were looking at cruises today! She even said it would be a nice reward for lsat/law school acceptances.


Best cruise ever - the Paul Gauguin in French Polynesia. Worth every fucking penny, but then you end up getting the Polynesian flu which can only be cured by a return trip.

We're doing an NCL Hawaiian cruise with the family next summer so the boys can see the major islands.


Everyone piggyback chem's family cruise.

User avatar
chem!
Posts: 9380
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:03 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby chem! » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:53 pm

Sugar Lumps wrote:
chem! wrote:
Wormfather wrote:
Sugar Lumps wrote:I'm all of a sudden considering a pre-law school cruise. All who wish to accompany, there will be LOTS of group cuddling.


OMG, Mrs. Worm and I were looking at cruises today! She even said it would be a nice reward for lsat/law school acceptances.


Best cruise ever - the Paul Gauguin in French Polynesia. Worth every fucking penny, but then you end up getting the Polynesian flu which can only be cured by a return trip.

We're doing an NCL Hawaiian cruise with the family next summer so the boys can see the major islands.


Everyone piggyback chem's family cruise.


Works for me. Any scuba divers? :mrgreen:

User avatar
chem!
Posts: 9380
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:03 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby chem! » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:54 pm

Wormfather wrote:
chem! wrote:166 on PT54 on Monday. LG was my best section, but I went down -5 on the second LR. Unusual and annoying.

Overall, not bad given that my husband and two sons kept walking into the room, yelling at me from across the house and continually breaking my concentration. Whispering proctors shouldn't be an issue.

I'll be PT'ing twice this weekend and then once a day over Thanksgiving break, except for Turkey Day b/c I'll be in a food coma.


I dont know why, but all this time I thought you were a guy. Even with the Hermione avatar. In fact I used your being a chem teacher to somehow justify it.

I fail.


Gender fail and actress ID fail. Have you never seen The Breakfast Club?

I'm all girl.

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Cobretti » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:54 pm

Wormfather wrote:
chem! wrote:166 on PT54 on Monday. LG was my best section, but I went down -5 on the second LR. Unusual and annoying.

Overall, not bad given that my husband and two sons kept walking into the room, yelling at me from across the house and continually breaking my concentration. Whispering proctors shouldn't be an issue.

I'll be PT'ing twice this weekend and then once a day over Thanksgiving break, except for Turkey Day b/c I'll be in a food coma.


I dont know why, but all this time I thought you were a guy. Even with the Hermione avatar. In fact I used your being a chem teacher to somehow justify it.

I fail.


lol @ subtle sexism

User avatar
gguuueessttt
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:18 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby gguuueessttt » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:55 pm

mrizza wrote:
Wormfather wrote:
chem! wrote:166 on PT54 on Monday. LG was my best section, but I went down -5 on the second LR. Unusual and annoying.

Overall, not bad given that my husband and two sons kept walking into the room, yelling at me from across the house and continually breaking my concentration. Whispering proctors shouldn't be an issue.

I'll be PT'ing twice this weekend and then once a day over Thanksgiving break, except for Turkey Day b/c I'll be in a food coma.


I dont know why, but all this time I thought you were a guy. Even with the Hermione avatar. In fact I used your being a chem teacher to somehow justify it.

I fail.


lol @ subtle sexism


I always assume people on the internet are male until proven otherwise. Mostly because of reddit, and the fact that the majority of redditors are male.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: birdkin, galeatus, jen203, latif and 11 guests