December 2012 Re-takers

Lenahan3

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Lenahan3 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:46 pm

bitsy wrote:
Lenahan3 wrote:Meh. Has anybody in here watched the first few seasons of Misfits? I'm Simon from season 1.

lolol i like how you specified 1st season. your poor neighbors.

Def my favorite character.

bitsy

Postby bitsy » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:50 pm

Lenahan3 wrote:
bitsy wrote:
Lenahan3 wrote:Meh. Has anybody in here watched the first few seasons of Misfits? I'm Simon from season 1.

toss up between nathan and barry for me

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:53 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lenahan3

Postby Lenahan3 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:55 pm

bitsy wrote:
Lenahan3 wrote:
bitsy wrote:

toss up between nathan and barry for me

Nathan was up there too. I stopped watching after he left. His replacement just wasn't as good.

bitsy

Postby bitsy » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:12 pm

Lenahan3 wrote:Nathan was up there too. I stopped watching after he left. His replacement just wasn't as good.

+1
rudy was a turdly choice.

SumStalwart

Postby SumStalwart » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:14 pm

rebexness wrote:Did anyone use the e-book of the Manhattan guides? Terrible idea or thrifty smart idea?

Is it mostly reading or set up like the PS Bibles, with questions/stuff to work through?

It works for me. Just make sure to have some notebook paper so that you can do the exercises.

Go for it! xD

GabeQuixote

Postby GabeQuixote » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:05 pm

Lenahan3 wrote:
Meh. Has anybody in here watched the first few seasons of Misfits? I'm Simon from season 1.

BARRY!

Sugar Lumps

Postby Sugar Lumps » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:06 pm

I just had wings and beer.

Happiness.

GabeQuixote

Postby GabeQuixote » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:09 pm

Sugar Lumps wrote:I just had wings and beer.

Happiness.

I just had Cambridge LSAT's Necessary Assumptions Sorted By Difficulty.

*BURP*

1TLStudent

Postby 1TLStudent » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:16 pm

worst time ever to get sick :(

Lenahan3

Postby Lenahan3 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:36 pm

GabeQuixote wrote:
Lenahan3 wrote:
Meh. Has anybody in here watched the first few seasons of Misfits? I'm Simon from season 1.

BARRY!

I liked how they became friends. It made me feel as if there is hope for me yet, haha.

GabeQuixote

Postby GabeQuixote » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:54 pm

Lenahan3 wrote:
GabeQuixote wrote:
Lenahan3 wrote:

BARRY!

I liked how they became friends. It made me feel as if there is hope for me yet, haha.

You seem pretty cool . . .

Granted I'm trying to bury you PT test-wise nao. But I'm also trying to bury mrizza as well.

It's called "Being fuckus'd"

Lenahan3

Postby Lenahan3 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:00 am

GabeQuixote wrote:
Lenahan3 wrote:
GabeQuixote wrote:
Lenahan3 wrote:

BARRY!

Granted I'm trying to bury you PT test-wise nao. But I'm also trying to bury mrizza as well.

I am pretty cool. It's just hard to see 8)

The top three posters in here seem to be the highest scoring as well...mrizza, bitsy, and guest. At least, from what I recall.

chadbrochill

Postby chadbrochill » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:05 am

gguuueessttt wrote:Took PT 54 today. Had done the games section already, but none of the LR or RC.

RC: -1
LR: -0
LG: -0
LR: -2

Score: 179

This is my highest score ever! The LG was a re-do as I said, but I actually got -0 the first time I took it as well so I'm feeling really good :]

OMG GOOD JOB!!
Seems like you really made some progress on RC, all the tips you write seem spot on as well. Def will be consulting you once I get back to drilling RC's again.

gguuueessttt

Postby gguuueessttt » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:27 am

chadbrochill wrote:
gguuueessttt wrote:Took PT 54 today. Had done the games section already, but none of the LR or RC.

RC: -1
LR: -0
LG: -0
LR: -2

Score: 179

This is my highest score ever! The LG was a re-do as I said, but I actually got -0 the first time I took it as well so I'm feeling really good :]

OMG GOOD JOB!!
Seems like you really made some progress on RC, all the tips you write seem spot on as well. Def will be consulting you once I get back to drilling RC's again.

haha chad that gif made me chuckle.
feel free to consult me whenever, i'll try to be helpful!
the funny thing is that up until this point, I had actually gotten consistently worse at RC as time went on (-0 on my diagnostic then never again). Maybe it was because I got more nervous as time went on, I'm really not sure. But I'm glad that I seem to be improving now.

chadbrochill

Postby chadbrochill » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:28 am

Long day, here we go:
Retook PT56 today, last taken 9 months ago.
Was really out of it today, and B&N was ultra-distracting more than usual.
LG:-0
LR:-3
LR:-1
RC:-0
Scaled Score: 178

I'd say that RC score definitely isn't typical, I probably reviewed this one better way back. I did catch myself on multiple occasions from picking an unsupported trap and opting for a softer inference. I feel like my radar for these things has gotten a little better thanks to LSATQA.

LG definitely gave me a serious scare, my LG is definitely worse than it was heading into Oct. and drilling LG back is my #1 priority right now. Did 2 LG drill sections (40,41) and both cut it pretty close as well.

Not super pleased all things given (RC with huge dump of salt), but I'm sure I gave my brain a good workout today and it'll be stronger tomorrow morning. :D

On another note, I'm seriously running out of money, when is LSAC refunding our "waived" late fees? :evil:
Last edited by chadbrochill on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

gguuueessttt

Postby gguuueessttt » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:30 am

chadbrochill wrote:Long day, here we go:

I'd say that RC score definitely isn't typical, I probably reviewed this one better way back. I did catch myself on multiple occasions from picking an unsupported trap and opting for a softer inference. I feel like my radar for these things has gotten a little better thanks to LSATQA.

LG definitely gave me a serious scare, my LG is definitely worse than it was heading into Oct. and drilling LG back is my #1 priority right now. Did 2 LG drill sections (40,41) and both cut it pretty close as well.

Not super pleased all things given, but I'm sure I gave my brain a good workout today and it'll be stronger tomorrow morning. :D

On another note, I'm seriously running out of money, when is LSAC refunding our "waived" late fees? :evil:

remember when you just said you were going to consult me on RC?
I think we should switch roles in the teacher-student relationship.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:30 am

GabeQuixote wrote:
Lenahan3 wrote:
GabeQuixote wrote:
Lenahan3 wrote:

BARRY!

Bring it brah

chadbrochill

Postby chadbrochill » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:31 am

gguuueessttt wrote:
remember when you just said you were going to consult me on RC?
I think we should switch roles in the teacher-student relationship.

It was the cannibal goldfish passage, nobody ever forgets that! :lol:

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:32 am

Not super pleased all things given (RC with huge dump of salt), but I'm sure I gave my brain a good workout today and it'll be stronger tomorrow morning. :D

Man we are really turning this into an arms race... If we all get 178+ on the real thing this will be the most successful TLS thread of all time.

gguuueessttt

Postby gguuueessttt » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:33 am

here are some kittens and boobs to boost morale.

--ImageRemoved--
--ImageRemoved--
Last edited by gguuueessttt on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

boblawlob

Postby boblawlob » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:33 am

I'm working on the Weaken packet and I've run into a little quirk on the LSAT that I would like some light shed on.

PT 37-S4-Q18
Conclusion: Dinos disappeared because of a comet.
Evidence: A comet could've hit earth, caused a cloud of dust to enshroud the planet, and then cooled the planet to freeze the dinos.

I know B is the best answer, but C looked tempting because it stated that there was insufficient evidence to make the determination that dinos died from effects of the cloud dust. So one person could eliminate C because it doesn't weaken and it doesn't strengthen; it just said info isn't there...so you can't make any further assessment on the conclusion of the stim based on C.

Flash backwards

PT 37-S4-Q2

Argument: VNO found in nose. VNO in animals is completely known compared to the ones in humans; most humans have VNO that is detectable but yet super tiny. When scientists stimulate VNO cells, the people who are stimulated feel some smelling sensations.
Conclusion: VNO is a sensory organ in most humans.

A is the right answer. The other answer choices were pretty bad, but A was bad as well. A states that we dont know if researchers stimulated only VNO cells in the noses.

Why does it seem like "the absence of absolute evidence" is the answer choice for some questions and not others? Maybe I'm analyzing the answer choice for the dinos question wrong, but I'm just confused about the similarity in type of these two answer choices.

Much thanks.

Lenahan3

Postby Lenahan3 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:34 am

mrizza wrote:

Man we are really turning this into an arms race... If we all get 178+ on the real thing this will be the most successful TLS thread of all time.

I think if everybody in here gets a 170+ it would still be up there.

gguuueessttt

Postby gguuueessttt » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:37 am

Lenahan3 wrote:
mrizza wrote:

I have faith.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:38 am

Lenahan3 wrote:
mrizza wrote:Man we are really turning this into an arms race... If we all get 178+ on the real thing this will be the most successful TLS thread of all time.

let's say 172+, need those 99% bragging rights damnit

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”