December 2012 Re-takers

User avatar
gguuueessttt
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:18 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby gguuueessttt » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:52 pm

PickledPanda wrote:
gguuueessttt wrote:
PickledPanda wrote:Good idea Hawk. Guest, could you explain some of these challenging LSAT questions to me via Tinychat?


Me? Which questions?


Whichever.


haha okay I'd be glad to after I finish my hw :]

User avatar
PickledPanda
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby PickledPanda » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:55 pm

gguuueessttt wrote:
PickledPanda wrote:
gguuueessttt wrote:
PickledPanda wrote:Good idea Hawk. Guest, could you explain some of these challenging LSAT questions to me via Tinychat?


Me? Which questions?


Whichever.


haha okay I'd be glad to after I finish my hw :]


:lol:

_| ̄|_
( ´_⊃`)

User avatar
CalAlumni
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 11:58 am

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby CalAlumni » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:00 pm

YES! After drilling incessantly for the past week or so, I finally took my first PT (40) since studying for October and scored a 173. This test was completely new to me as I had never seen it before.

LR1: 25/25
LG: 21/23
LR2: 25/26
RC: 23/27

Composite score: 94 = 173

User avatar
gguuueessttt
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:18 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby gguuueessttt » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:03 pm

PickledPanda wrote:

_| ̄|_
( ´_⊃`)



hahaha :D

User avatar
PickledPanda
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby PickledPanda » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:09 pm

CalAlumni wrote:YES! After drilling incessantly for the past week or so, I finally took my first PT (40) since studying for October and scored a 173. This test was completely new to me as I had never seen it before.

LR1: 25/25
LG: 21/23
LR2: 25/26
RC: 23/27

Composite score: 94 = 173


Great work! Congrats on the hard work drilling paying off.

User avatar
applemaroon
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby applemaroon » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:19 pm

.
Last edited by applemaroon on Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
desiballa21
Posts: 440
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:33 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby desiballa21 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:19 pm

Did 61:

RC -5
LR -2
LR -1
LG -1

171 but, grain of salt. Felt like I memorized a lot of it from before.

User avatar
applemaroon
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby applemaroon » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:26 pm

.
Last edited by applemaroon on Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
GabeQuixote
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:26 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby GabeQuixote » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:29 pm

PT42: 171. -10

I write "Focus" on Section 4 question 18 because I was losing focus -- I got Q18-26 at the end mostly wrong. -5 from Q18 to Q26.

Talk about brainmelt.

User avatar
Lenahan3
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 12:57 am

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Lenahan3 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:39 pm

I'm taking PT 14 in the morning...
I can't wait to get back to the modern tests on Friday.

Chips
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:57 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Chips » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:40 pm

For those of you decent at RC, how often do you return to the text to check on answer choices?

beyondabilities
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:10 am

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby beyondabilities » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:49 pm

Yeah I am curious about RC tactics too.... I try my best to not check back but I average about 2 questions per passage that I end up checking again. I've heard that some people check almost everything in the passage but I can't for the life of me figure out how they have time to do that....

BTW anyone down to do a PT from the 50s serious (except 54-56)? I would be down to do it tomorrow!

User avatar
Alorain
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:57 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Alorain » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:00 pm

Gawd damn essay distracting me from LG drilling! I'm almost of a mind to just not do this POS. It's only worth 10% of a semester course. The LSAT's weighting is equal to about 400 of these essays... give or take a few.

User avatar
gguuueessttt
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:18 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby gguuueessttt » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:20 pm

Alorain wrote:Gawd damn essay distracting me from LG drilling! I'm almost of a mind to just not do this POS. It's only worth 10% of a semester course. The LSAT's weighting is equal to about 400 of these essays... give or take a few.


I feelya. I have a 20 page fiction story due at midnight. About to scrap what I have and write a horror story about a test called the LSAT.

chadbrochill
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:19 am

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby chadbrochill » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:29 pm

desiballa21 wrote:Did 61:

RC -5
LR -2
LR -1
LG -1

171 but, grain of salt. Felt like I memorized a lot of it from before.


Thats a 172 bro...nice work on LG/LR

User avatar
enidwexler
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:05 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby enidwexler » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:30 pm

"The site visited third dates from a more recent century..."

Totally misread that rule. :(

User avatar
HawkeyeGirl
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:51 pm

I'm in a surprisingly nice Residence Inn in Michigan, so I'm hoping I'll be able to get some decent drilling in after I finish up with work. Just remember guys - December 1 is not far away. You can have free time after December 1, but you don't want to get another disappointing score, so put everything you've got into studying!!

chadbrochill
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:19 am

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby chadbrochill » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:59 pm

Retook PT61 this afternoon at a semi-noisy B&N.
RC:-3
LR:-1
RC(PT22): -2 8)
LG:-0
LR:-1
Scaled Score: 177

Feeling pretty good despite taking this test ~3 months ago. Mostly happy about the RC's getting better!! Hopefully with 2 more weeks of drilling and reviewing I'll go into the test feeling confident in all 3 section types.

Also my focus in loud environments has gotten WAY better, I'd say I score just about as well as I would in a silent place now :) Gonna carry this momentum into next week aww yeaa!

User avatar
Alorain
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:57 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Alorain » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:01 am

chadbrochill wrote:Retook PT61 this afternoon at a semi-noisy B&N.
RC:-3
LR:-1
RC(PT22): -2 8)
LG:-0
LR:-1
Scaled Score: 177

Feeling pretty good despite taking this test ~3 months ago. Mostly happy about the RC's getting better!! Hopefully with 2 more weeks of drilling and reviewing I'll go into the test feeling confident in all 3 section types.

Also my focus in loud environments has gotten WAY better, I'd say I score just about as well as I would in a silent place now :) Gonna carry this momentum into next week aww yeaa!


Chad, you fucking boss. You're gonna kill it in December.

chadbrochill
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:19 am

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby chadbrochill » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:12 am

HawkeyeGirl wrote:I'm in a surprisingly nice Residence Inn in Michigan, so I'm hoping I'll be able to get some decent drilling in after I finish up with work. Just remember guys - December 1 is not far away. You can have free time after December 1, but you don't want to get another disappointing score, so put everything you've got into studying!!


good point, grind now or forever hold your peace

Alorain wrote:Chad, you fucking boss. You're gonna kill it in December.

Haha thanks Al, we're all gonna kill it, I can't wait!

Image

User avatar
desiballa21
Posts: 440
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:33 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby desiballa21 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:17 am

chadbrochill wrote:
HawkeyeGirl wrote:I'm in a surprisingly nice Residence Inn in Michigan, so I'm hoping I'll be able to get some decent drilling in after I finish up with work. Just remember guys - December 1 is not far away. You can have free time after December 1, but you don't want to get another disappointing score, so put everything you've got into studying!!


good point, grind now or forever hold your peace

Alorain wrote:Chad, you fucking boss. You're gonna kill it in December.

Haha thanks Al, we're all gonna kill it, I can't wait!

Image


lolol best gif

User avatar
Sugar Lumps
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 7:50 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Sugar Lumps » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:47 am

I lerv you guys.

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Cobretti » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:06 am

Sugar Lumps wrote:I lerv you guys.


lerv you ging

User avatar
PickledPanda
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby PickledPanda » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:29 am

Good morning guys!

Good luck on your LSAT studies today. I love Rizza and Sugar too.

User avatar
Alorain
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:57 pm

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Postby Alorain » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:20 am

PickledPanda wrote:Good morning guys!

Good luck on your LSAT studies today. I love Rizza and Sugar too.


Um, excuse me?




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests