December 2012 Re-takers Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
BitterSplitter

Bronze

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Post by BitterSplitter » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:06 pm

Last edited by BitterSplitter on Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

applemaroon

Bronze

Post by applemaroon » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:06 pm

Last edited by applemaroon on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lenahan3

Bronze

Post by Lenahan3 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:11 pm

No offense guys, but everything/everybody talking at once last night seemed really convoluted. I'm going to review by myself like normal.

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Lenahan3 wrote:No offense guys, but everything/everybody talking at once last night seemed really convoluted. I'm going to review by myself like normal.
The benefit comes with explaining why answers are right to other people, causing you to really break down why answers are right. If you sit there and don't help explain answers, of course you wont get any benefit.

applemaroon

Bronze

Post by applemaroon » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:16 pm

Last edited by applemaroon on Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:18 pm

applemaroon wrote:
Lenahan3 wrote:No offense guys, but everything/everybody talking at once last night seemed really convoluted. I'm going to review by myself like normal.

What do you do for the few that you just can't figure out? I always review by myself afterwards, but reviewing in groups really help with ones I'm not sure about.
I'm in class right now but if you need help going over your PTs I can hop on chat.

applemaroon

Bronze

Post by applemaroon » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:20 pm

Last edited by applemaroon on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:22 pm

applemaroon wrote:
mrizza wrote:
applemaroon wrote:

What do you do for the few that you just can't figure out? I always review by myself afterwards, but reviewing in groups really help with ones I'm not sure about.
I'm in class right now but if you need help going over your PTs I can hop on chat.
Nah! I don't want to distract you from class :D . I just have 4 LR questions from 67 that I missed both on test day AND last week, and I just don't know why. Maybe we can chat another day about them if you're up for it?
http://www.tinychat.com/decretakers

Lenahan3

Bronze

Post by Lenahan3 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:22 pm

mrizza wrote:
The benefit comes with explaining why answers are right to other people, causing you to really break down why answers are right. If you sit there and don't help explain answers, of course you wont get any benefit.
I know where the benefit lies. That doesn't change the fact that I perceive it as convoluted and don't really think it helps my LSAT habits. I didn't sit back last night; I left.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Lenahan3

Bronze

Post by Lenahan3 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:23 pm

applemaroon wrote:

I've never run across one that I can't figure out.

That's not being cocky or anything. It takes a while sometimes, but I get there.

Alorain

Bronze

Post by Alorain » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:33 pm

Lenahan3 wrote:
applemaroon wrote:

I've never run across one that I can't figure out.

That's not being cocky or anything. It takes a while sometimes, but I get there.
I concur.

SumStalwart

Bronze

Post by SumStalwart » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:43 pm

Okay, I am back in the states for Thanksgiving and the December 2012 LSAT.

By the way, it turns out that I improperly entered my answers from my scantron onto LSATQA... and I got a 174 on PT56! It made me feel a bit better.

I took PT 57 on the plane and didn't do as poorly as I thought that I would.

AR: -2
LR1: -3
LR2:-4 >_<
RC: -3

So, I guess that the lowest that I should get is a 169. Night without sleeping (to prevent jet lag), new test, 14 hr. plane ride, timed.

When I reviewed the answers, I realized that I made some really stupid mistakes like misreading some of the stems and answer choices. You have to love the assholes who sit on either side when you get stuck with a middle seat.

Where's the strangest place that you guys have taken a PT?

Lenahan3

Bronze

Post by Lenahan3 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:46 pm

SumStalwart wrote:Okay, I am back in the states for Thanksgiving and the December 2012 LSAT.

By the way, it turns out that I improperly entered my answers from my scantron onto LSATQA... and I got a 174 on PT56! It made me feel a bit better.

So, I guess that the lowest that I should get is a 169. Night without sleeping (to prevent jet lag), new test, 14 hr. plane ride, timed.

When I reviewed the answers, I realized that I made some really stupid mistakes like misreading some of the stems and answer choices. You have to love the assholes who sit on either side when you get stuck with a middle seat.

Mine was the busstop last Friday.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

GabeQuixote

Bronze

Post by GabeQuixote » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:48 pm

Lenahan3 wrote:
SumStalwart wrote:Okay, I am back in the states for Thanksgiving and the December 2012 LSAT.

An entire test?

Lenahan3

Bronze

Post by Lenahan3 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:49 pm

GabeQuixote wrote:
Lenahan3 wrote:

An entire test?
Me? Yes. 5 sections.

GabeQuixote

Bronze

Post by GabeQuixote » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:50 pm

Lenahan3 wrote:
Me? Yes. 5 sections.
If I tried that at a bus stop here, I'd be crop dusted by bus exhaust.

Lenahan3

Bronze

Post by Lenahan3 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:51 pm

GabeQuixote wrote:
Lenahan3 wrote:
Me? Yes. 5 sections.
I was. It was also a college busstop, so there were loud people everyyyyyywhere. And my papers were blowing around in the wind. It was hectic.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

GabeQuixote

Bronze

Post by GabeQuixote » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:54 pm

Lenahan3 wrote:
GabeQuixote wrote:
Lenahan3 wrote:
Me? Yes. 5 sections.
I was. It was also a college busstop, so there were loud people everyyyyyywhere. And my papers were blowing around in the wind. It was hectic.
Then you have no excuse to not rock December.

Lenahan3

Bronze

Post by Lenahan3 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:55 pm

GabeQuixote wrote:
Lenahan3 wrote:
GabeQuixote wrote:
Lenahan3 wrote:
Me? Yes. 5 sections.
That's what I thought about October and I ended up taking a dirt nap. This test is a bomb that I intend to defuse, carefully and with a lot of respect for how it treated me last time.

finnandjake2

Bronze

Post by finnandjake2 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:03 am

GabeQuixote wrote:
Lenahan3 wrote:Anybody else been receiving a lot of U Minnesota e-mails and pamphlets?
Nope. I am not getting a thing.

If anyone thought this cycle was going to be easy for acceptances -- I disagree. The schools don't seem hungry enough to even send me an email.
I bet you'd be getting them if you had a 167 instead of a 166. Just saying. There is a huge difference between the 25% and median at Minnesota and there 75% isn't much higher. 158/167/168 or something along those lines.

Anyways, I'm sure you'll be getting plenty more stuff from schools after your retake.

finnandjake2

Bronze

Post by finnandjake2 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:06 am

GabeQuixote wrote:
Lenahan3 wrote:

That's what I thought about October and I ended up taking a dirt nap. This test is a bomb that I intend to defuse, carefully and with a lot of respect for how it treated me last time.
Diffusing bombs takes nerves of steel I'm sure... so this is a perfect analogy considering how anxiety provoking the LSAT can be. 180

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

GabeQuixote

Bronze

Post by GabeQuixote » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:31 am

finnandjake2 wrote:
GabeQuixote wrote:
Lenahan3 wrote:

Diffusing bombs takes nerves of steel I'm sure... so this is a perfect analogy considering how anxiety provoking the LSAT can be. 180

Funny thing is, once it's defused -- your problems REALLY start.

Case Books, outlines, The Bar, job hunting . . .

sinfiery

Gold

Post by sinfiery » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:39 am

GabeQuixote wrote:
Case Books, outlines, The Bar, job hunting . . .
Apparently 69% of people who take the bar pass.

Getting a 31% on the LSAT isn't very hard. Albeit a more intelligent/more hard working group you are battling against, it doesn't worry me as you need like a top 95-98% to get into a T14 on the LSAT...(I realize it's pass/fail but it still helps paint a picture)

Job hunting though...oh joy.

BitterSplitter

Bronze

Post by BitterSplitter » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:12 am

Last edited by BitterSplitter on Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HawkeyeGirl

Bronze

Post by HawkeyeGirl » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:05 am

BitterSplitter wrote:
finnandjake2 wrote:
I bet you'd be getting them if you had a 167 instead of a 166. Just saying. There is a huge difference between the 25% and median at Minnesota and there 75% isn't much higher. 158/167/168 or something along those lines.
I dont think its about his score. I got an email, a few waiver, and a packet in the mail (today actually) from U Minn with a 166. Did you ever check any box on any test or form asking not to disclose your results to anyone? That may be it.
The fee waivers are reallllly weird. People with the same numbers definitely do not always get the same stuff. Minnesota specifically sent me information about their JD/MBA program, probably because I had a Finance degree and 2-4 years WE. I think UG major and WE are actually big factors in determining who gets a waiver or not (obviously along with the stats)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”