December 2012 Re-takers Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
M.M.

Bronze

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Post by M.M. » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:32 pm

Almost 99% certain that I'll be "in" here.

ohwhereohwhere

New

Post by ohwhereohwhere » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:35 pm

Is it a good idea to go ahead and plop the $160 down for the retake, then simply withdraw if my October score comes out better than my fears think it will?

North

Gold

Post by North » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:42 pm

ohwhereohwhere wrote:Is it a good idea to go ahead and plop the $160 down for the retake, then simply withdraw if my October score comes out better than my fears think it will?
I did. Just to make sure I got the good test center.

ohwhereohwhere

New

Post by ohwhereohwhere » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:52 pm

North wrote:
ohwhereohwhere wrote:Is it a good idea to go ahead and plop the $160 down for the retake, then simply withdraw if my October score comes out better than my fears think it will?
I did. Just to make sure I got the good test center.
Oh boy, I wish I had a decent test center option. I took it yesterday at a local college. Unfortunately, this college is hosting a certain event next week, so the testing area wasn't where it normally is. They seemed to imply that usually, we have more room. But we were using those desks attached to chairs...that really threw me off. I was under the impression we'd be testing at big library tables or something, so that's how I prepared. Trying to figure out a good way to go back and forth between my test book and answer sheet without knocking my pencils and passport (which they said we had to leave on the desk) off was a pain.

Closest other one is an hour away, so I'm not sure I'd want to make that drive at 7:30 in the morning in December.

beautyistruth

Bronze

Post by beautyistruth » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:40 pm

So, how screwed are we for the 2012-2013 cycle? Should I start applying for a job at Starbucks in the meantime?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Mr. Frodo

Bronze

Post by Mr. Frodo » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:54 pm

How are you guys so sure that you did badly enough to warrant a retake?

This was my first LSAT and my PT's peaked right before test day, but I'm honestly not sure what to think. I think I got -2 or -3 on games (at the absolute worst), but I'm not sure if I bombed RC. I felt good about the LRs but !IJUSTDONTKNOW...

I was so much in the freaking zone on test day that it was like a blur. For those of you who have taken the real deal before, how did you go about assessing your performance and anticipating your score? Waiting til October 29th or whatever may kill me.

I don't even know if I have reason to be worried though.

WHAT THE FUCK LSAT :evil: :evil:

Eberry

Diamond

Post by Eberry » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:57 pm

Wormfather wrote:Image
This little penguin is awesome.

SumStalwart

Bronze

Post by SumStalwart » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:02 pm

NoodleyOne,

What would you suggest for someone who has already taken all of the LSAT PT's from 45 onward (and several from the 30's, 20's, and teens? Is it too soon to see that material again? Thank you very much for your contributions to TLS and for your soon to be kick ass study guide.

beautyistruth

Bronze

Post by beautyistruth » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:05 pm

Mr. Frodo wrote:How are you guys so sure that you did badly enough to warrant a retake?

This was my first LSAT and my PT's peaked right before test day, but I'm honestly not sure what to think. I think I got -2 or -3 on games (at the absolute worst), but I'm not sure if I bombed RC. I felt good about the LRs but !IJUSTDONTKNOW...

I was so much in the freaking zone on test day that it was like a blur. For those of you who have taken the real deal before, how did you go about assessing your performance and anticipating your score? Waiting til October 29th or whatever may kill me.

I don't even know if I have reason to be worried though.

WHAT THE FUCK LSAT :evil: :evil:
Because some of us screwed up the games, and I feel that games are the section where you can be pretty sure if you've screwed up. Hence, retake.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

LoveLife89

Bronze

Post by LoveLife89 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:08 pm

Tag for Noodley's study guide.

Special thanks to Zoning. I couldn't have done this without you.

Ksoria

New

Post by Ksoria » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:35 pm

Abisping wrote:
applemaroon wrote:I cannot believe I'm going through this again. But let's roll.
+1!

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:36 pm

Noodley if you ever do actually make this study guide then hook me up. I'm not taking the Dec. test if I plan on retaking but the June one so I can ensure a 170+

RCinDNA

Bronze

Post by RCinDNA » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:27 am

I might as well join in since it is impossible to bomb one section and get a competitive score. Good thing I still have my study guides. Prepping on some of the less common LG types will feature heavily, since I'm confident in the usual ones. Will work on LR while I'm at it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

tectonic

New

Post by tectonic » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:04 am

I'm in.

I'm not sure how I did this Saturday. If there is a big curve then I might score something passable. On the other hand, I might have bombed it. I find it pretty hard to gauge.

I see no reason not to retake. Games is my weakness and the consensus seems to be that games was the most difficult section on this exam. I'm hoping that isn't the case in December. If it isn't, I stand a good chance to score higher.

When do you all plan on applying? Waiting til December scores are out or submit early?

applemaroon

Bronze

Post by applemaroon » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:15 am

Are you guys going to start studying for Dec. right NOW? Or take a break for a week or something? I really need to put together a study plan, but I'm not even sure what I should be doing differently...So now I'm waiting for NoodleyOne's study guide haha.

RCinDNA

Bronze

Post by RCinDNA » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:37 am

applemaroon wrote:Are you guys going to start studying for Dec. right NOW? Or take a break for a week or something? I really need to put together a study plan, but I'm not even sure what I should be doing differently...So now I'm waiting for NoodleyOne's study guide haha.
I'm starting my new study schedule today. I'm in a really good place, actually, and want to maintain my skill level for December. RC and LR came together really well, so I am pretty confident with my ability in those places, actually.

applemaroon

Bronze

Post by applemaroon » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:40 pm

RCinDNA wrote:
applemaroon wrote:Are you guys going to start studying for Dec. right NOW? Or take a break for a week or something? I really need to put together a study plan, but I'm not even sure what I should be doing differently...So now I'm waiting for NoodleyOne's study guide haha.
I'm starting my new study schedule today. I'm in a really good place, actually, and want to maintain my skill level for December. RC and LR came together really well, so I am pretty confident with my ability in those places, actually.
So study plan wise, you're sticking with exactly what you've been doing? and do you mind me asking what exactly you're doing? I'm a little lost because I re-did all the recent PTs so many times and went over wrong answers a million times, so all the answers are still SO fresh in my mind. Is it time for me to bust out PT 1-10...?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Psib337

Bronze

Post by Psib337 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:53 pm

Fairly certain I'll be here, but for now I'm relaxing. I need a break, yesterday was the most relaxed I'd been in months and I need to put in some serious time in the gym and with my yoga mat. My score may not have gone up 10 points but my weight has gone up about 10 pounds since I started this lovely LSAT journey.

Mr. Frodo

Bronze

Post by Mr. Frodo » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:00 pm

Psib337 wrote:Fairly certain I'll be here, but for now I'm relaxing. I need a break, yesterday was the most relaxed I'd been in months and I need to put in some serious time in the gym and with my yoga mat. My score may not have gone up 10 points but my weight has gone up about 10 pounds since I started this lovely LSAT journey.
My weight has gone DOWN 15 pounds. Gym routine starts back up today thank God. I've missed it.

North

Gold

Post by North » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:35 pm

Posting to reiterate my excitement for what Noodles puts together.

During my binge drinking this weekend, I decided that I need to focus on my speed, because that's what cost me on Saturday. I already know the test -- there are no more points to be gained there (which is why studying for a retake seems so daunting at the moment). I need to eliminate things that slow me down. I need to master the new plug-and-chug games so I can finish them as quickly as I could finish the old games. LR needs to be even more mechanical.

I want to be able to finish every section in 25 minutes before December.

We all watched Noodles do exactly that in the October thread. When I was dicking around in the 160's, he was pushing 180 after a 169 in June. That's why I'm excited to see his explication of his process.

Noodles, thank you for your TLService.

CU44BMD

New

Post by CU44BMD » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:55 pm

I was wondering too, when you guys are going to pick things back up? After prepping for 3/4 months intensely I feel like 50 odd days until the Dec. LSAT is actually pretty close. That being said does anyone have a "game plan" lined up assuming that most of us have seen basically every PT?

Sorry If I'm being "premature" in my approach. Its just odd not opening a LSAT related book and doing Undergrad work.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bitsy

Bronze

Post by bitsy » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:57 pm

i know that feel. i have an unfinished LG section in my LGBworkout book. i keep thinking about it. how good it will feel. i just want to peek at it.

NoodleyOne

Gold

Post by NoodleyOne » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:40 pm

North wrote:Posting to reiterate my excitement for what Noodles puts together.

During my binge drinking this weekend, I decided that I need to focus on my speed, because that's what cost me on Saturday. I already know the test -- there are no more points to be gained there (which is why studying for a retake seems so daunting at the moment). I need to eliminate things that slow me down. I need to master the new plug-and-chug games so I can finish them as quickly as I could finish the old games. LR needs to be even more mechanical.

I want to be able to finish every section in 25 minutes before December.

We all watched Noodles do exactly that in the October thread. When I was dicking around in the 160's, he was pushing 180 after a 169 in June. That's why I'm excited to see his explication of his process.

Noodles, thank you for your TLService.
No pressure or anything. I'll have it up in a few hours.

Also, this will all be HILARIOUS if it turns out I bombed October.

Psib337

Bronze

Post by Psib337 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:42 pm

Mr. Frodo wrote:
Psib337 wrote:Fairly certain I'll be here, but for now I'm relaxing. I need a break, yesterday was the most relaxed I'd been in months and I need to put in some serious time in the gym and with my yoga mat. My score may not have gone up 10 points but my weight has gone up about 10 pounds since I started this lovely LSAT journey.
My weight has gone DOWN 15 pounds. Gym routine starts back up today thank God. I've missed it.
I really wish I had that problem, but everyone always told me my high metabolism wouldn't last forever :(

As far as what do next I'll probably get the Manhattan books shipped over night and go through those, I still have Cambridge bundles that I can use for drilling, and as far as PTs go I may get 52+ (that's when comparative reading started right?) and use those for PTs. This time I'm not gonna touch them until the week of Thanksgiving, last time I definitely overdid it and the first time I was just a mess. I'm mostly concerned about applying late, my GPA isn't doing me any favors and my entire background is the arts and I'm really scared of coming off as a dumb musician who doesn't belong in law school.

North

Gold

Post by North » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:35 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:Also, this will all be HILARIOUS if it turns out I bombed October.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”