December 2012 Re-takers Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
MKC

Diamond

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Post by MKC » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:28 am

gguuueessttt wrote:
sinfiery wrote:
gguuueessttt wrote:
thanks sinf
it culminates in anxiety so I'll be glad when I'm done.
Just imagine that glorious senior spring semester if you apply this cycle!
I'm graduating this semester. So it'll be a glorious ~8 months of free(er) time! :]
We shall drunk chat during my epic 8 month bender. I've taken 85 credit hours in two years and I am burnt the fuck out.

gguuueessttt

Bronze

Post by gguuueessttt » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:14 am

MarkinKansasCity wrote:
gguuueessttt wrote:
sinfiery wrote:
gguuueessttt wrote:
thanks sinf
I'm graduating this semester. So it'll be a glorious ~8 months of free(er) time! :]
We shall drunk chat during my epic 8 month bender. I've taken 85 credit hours in two years and I am burnt the fuck out.
I am very much looking forward to this

gguuueessttt

Bronze

Post by gguuueessttt » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:15 am

sinfiery wrote:
gguuueessttt wrote:
sinfiery wrote:
gguuueessttt wrote:
thanks sinf
Ohhhhhhhh.

Me too, awesome. (the 8 months of free time)

It's going to be glorious. :)

awesome :) what are you going to do with all that free time?

sinfiery

Gold

Post by sinfiery » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:29 am

gguuueessttt wrote: awesome :) what are you going to do with all that free time?
Travel America@! In my car
Hope to backpack some National parks a bit too

Hope to leave within 10 days

Gonna suck not waiting with you guys though :(

have any plans for yourself yet?

gguuueessttt

Bronze

Post by gguuueessttt » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:59 am

sinfiery wrote:
gguuueessttt wrote: awesome :) what are you going to do with all that free time?
Travel America@! In my car
Hope to backpack some National parks a bit too

Hope to leave within 10 days

Gonna suck not waiting with you guys though :(

have any plans for yourself yet?
Oh wow that's awesome. I'm just going to get a job and volunteer as much as possible (for apps because I don't have many good softs). But I'm going to Europe for a few weeks as a graduation present from my grandma so that'll be nice.

If you travel to NYC I'll be your tour guide.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sinfiery

Gold

Post by sinfiery » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:45 am

gguuueessttt wrote: Oh wow that's awesome. I'm just going to get a job and volunteer as much as possible (for apps because I don't have many good softs). But I'm going to Europe for a few weeks as a graduation present from my grandma so that'll be nice.

I may just take you up on that, but winter is coming. Time to head to warmer waters! (CALI!)

Hopefully you won't be in Europe (So awesome, hope you have fun) when I eventually make my way to the east coast

RCinDNA

Bronze

Post by RCinDNA » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:19 am

sinfiery wrote:
gguuueessttt wrote: Oh wow that's awesome. I'm just going to get a job and volunteer as much as possible (for apps because I don't have many good softs). But I'm going to Europe for a few weeks as a graduation present from my grandma so that'll be nice.

I may just take you up on that, but winter is coming. Time to head to warmer waters! (CALI!)

Hopefully you won't be in Europe (So awesome, hope you have fun) when I eventually make my way to the east coast
Intentional or unintentional reference to "A Song of Ice and Fire"?

sinfiery

Gold

Post by sinfiery » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:41 am

RCinDNA wrote: Intentional or unintentional reference to "A Song of Ice and Fire"?
I plead the 5th, I don't want to disappoint your avatar.

Good luck to everyone here tomorrow! You guys are gonna kill it.

Just kidding, forget the rest. Good luck to Mrizza, GabeQuixote, Rebex, Hawkeyegirl, U4E2, Lenahan3, Packles, Desiballa, Wormfather, bitsy, Alorian, CHAD, Sugah, 99s, and AKSnow. Best waiters ever.

jbf

New

Post by jbf » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:28 am

Is anyone bringing a warm-up game/LR/RC passage to the test to practice? Any recommendations on good examples?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Alorain

Bronze

Post by Alorain » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:36 am

jbf wrote:Is anyone bringing a warm-up game/LR/RC passage to the test to practice? Any recommendations on good examples?
I did in June. Just made me more stressed out. I'm going han-solo this time.

Alorain

Bronze

Post by Alorain » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:57 am

This is my third take since June. When I get home from the exam, this is me and my prep material.

Last edited by Alorain on Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

enidwexler

Bronze

Post by enidwexler » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:02 am

Starting to feel a bit consumed by the test. Started planning fun things to do today and tomorrow - feeling much better now. :)

GabeQuixote

Bronze

Post by GabeQuixote » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:25 am

Alorain wrote:
jbf wrote:Is anyone bringing a warm-up game/LR/RC passage to the test to practice? Any recommendations on good examples?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sabanist

Silver

Post by sabanist » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:43 pm

The sun rises.

A bird flies across the horizon, tweeting happily. It is shot from the air and plummets to the ground.

[Thunderstruck begins playing.]

Mrizza sets his shotgun aside. He accepts the tub of war paint from Wormfather, who smears the remainder on his hands across his chest and thumps it as he shouts.

"TONIGHT, WE DINE IN YALE."

Alorain steps into the room. "It's time."

Mrizza, Worm, and the rest of the retakers nod grimly. They have seen the combat they face today before. They have trained for this. They will conquer the land from which they were forced to retreat.
Today they will emerge victorious.

President Obama and Mitt Romney are returning from their super awkward lunch together. Romney squints as he notices a group of people marching down the opposite side of the road in the distance.
"My Mormon God," he says. President Obama looks up from his game of Words With Friends with Putin and gasps.
"Pull the car over," he orders. He and Romney step out from the limousine as the retakers march past on their way to the testing center. Obama raises his hand in salute, and Romney and the Secret Service follow.
"Godspeed," the president whispers, a single tear rolling down his cheek.

Wormfather kicks down the door to the test center as he and the retakers arrive. A nervous young man nearly jumps out of his skin as they storm the hallway.
"How long did you guys study for?" he asks.
They laugh in unison.
"Longer than you've been alive," Mrizza growls.
"Why don't you have any pencils?" a girl asks Wormfather as he scans the room for the proctor.
"I'm writing my answers in BLOOD," he roars, cutting open his palm with a knife. The girl screams. The proctor sees him and approaches.
"Sir, that's not approp-"
He is stopped cold by Wormfather's stare.
"... Carry on."

The retakers seat themselves as booklets begin to be distributed. They smile and nod at each other. Today is their day.
The first section is 26 Must Be True questions. The second, four Basic Linear logic games. The third, four passages from "See Spot Run." The fourth is a connect the dots puzzle which forms a giraffe. The fifth, the experimental, lights itself on fire in shame before the glory of the retakers, taking the writing section with it.

The proctor weeps as he calls time on the final section. "All of you have made 180s. Additionally, you have earned honorary 4.33 GPAs. I bow before you. Please have mercy on my soul."
Alorain steps before the proctor, sword in hand. He raises the sword. The proctor flinches, but Alorain drives the sword into the tiled floor of the testing room.
"You are forgiven," he whispers. The proctor bursts into tears.

The retakers exit the testing center, each to go their own separate ways. Today, they conquered the test. Today, they are heroes.

(Good luck you guys. We're all counting on you.)

RCinDNA

Bronze

Post by RCinDNA » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:07 pm

sabanist wrote:The sun rises.

A bird flies across the horizon, tweeting happily. It is shot from the air and plummets to the ground.

Mrizza sets his shotgun aside. He accepts the tub of war paint from Wormfather, who smears the remainder on his hands across his chest and thumps it as he shouts.

Mrizza, Worm, and the rest of the retakers nod grimly. They have seen the combat they face today before. They have trained for this. They will conquer the land from which they were forced to retreat.

President Obama and Mitt Romney are returning from their super awkward lunch together. Romney squints as he notices a group of people marching down the opposite side of the road in the distance.
"My Mormon God," he says. President Obama looks up from his game of Words With Friends with Putin and gasps.
"Pull the car over," he orders. He and Romney step out from the limousine as the retakers march past on their way to the testing center. Obama raises his hand in salute, and Romney and the Secret Service follow.

Wormfather kicks down the door to the test center as he and the retakers arrive. A nervous young man nearly jumps out of his skin as they storm the hallway.
They laugh in unison.
"Why don't you have any pencils?" a girl asks Wormfather as he scans the room for the proctor.
"I'm writing my answers in BLOOD," he roars, cutting open his palm with a knife. The girl screams. The proctor sees him and approaches.
"... Carry on."

The retakers seat themselves as booklets begin to be distributed. They smile and nod at each other. Today is their day.
The first section is 26 Must Be True questions. The second, four Basic Linear logic games. The third, four passages from "See Spot Run." The fourth is a connect the dots puzzle which forms a giraffe. The fifth, the experimental, lights itself on fire in shame before the glory of the retakers, taking the writing section with it.

The proctor weeps as he calls time on the final section. "All of you have made 180s. Additionally, you have earned honorary 4.33 GPAs. I bow before you. Please have mercy on my soul."
Alorain steps before the proctor, sword in hand. He raises the sword. The proctor flinches, but Alorain drives the sword into the tiled floor of the testing room.

The retakers exit the testing center, each to go their own separate ways. Today, they conquered the test. Today, they are heroes.

This is my dream. Especially the honorary 4.33 GPA.

Favorite Part:

"I'm writing my answers in BLOOD," he roars, cutting open his palm with a knife.
--ImageRemoved--

The girl screams.
Last edited by RCinDNA on Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GabeQuixote

Bronze

Post by GabeQuixote » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:14 pm

PT 62: 172, PT 64: 173.

I still have no confidence for I have seen these before.

On to PT 66. Grumble. :oops:

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:27 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

enidwexler

Bronze

Post by enidwexler » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:05 pm

PT 61: 167

RC: -4
LR1: -3
LG: -5
LR2: -4

I misread a rule on the last game and spent literally five minutes trying to figure out why the first question of that game didn't have a correct answer. Should have gone -2 in that section, which would have put me back up to a 169. Regardless, I'm taking away two things: (1) I'm really tired and need to stop thinking about the test until 7:30 AM tomorrow and (2) there's not much I can do tomorrow to land me below a 167 (a thought that is so beautiful, I couldn't have even imagined thinking it a month ago), given how lazily I took this test and the fact that my last 8 tests now have been higher than a 167.

They laugh in unison.
"... Carry on."

This is amazing.

boblawlob

Silver

Post by boblawlob » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:09 pm

Anyone know how to get through the PT 64 Bike game fast? The only way that I saw where one could go through it fast enough is by doing 6 different frames/scenarios

I know it's a rule of thumb that only 4 max frames/scenarios, but man is it difficult w.o the 6.

boblawlob

Silver

Post by boblawlob » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:46 pm

Any retakers feel more stressed out than for Oct? I blame Hurricane Sandy for giving us 1 less week.

SumStalwart

Bronze

Post by SumStalwart » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:00 pm

Wonderful post, Sabanist ^^.

I have mixed feelings about this upcoming LSAT. I took 2 PT's yesterday: 165 and 170. The first one I took in the morning and made a shit-ton of stupid mistakes. The second one was done in the evening after spending the entire day drilling.

On the one hand I am worried about tomorrow's LSAT. On the other hand, I feel pretty good that I was able to bring my score up to 170 after an entire day of mind-draining drilling.

No PT's today, just some drilling in the morning, video games and watching "Lincoln" for the rest of it-- not going to make the same mistake as October and take a full PT, drill, and do section reviews the day before the LSAT xD.

Good luck on the LSAT, everyone ^^

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bananashotgun

New

Post by bananashotgun » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:18 pm

just took pt61 although i took it a couple months ago. got a 169, got through LG in less than 30 minutes with a -0. Pulled a -3 on each of the LR and a wonderful -7 on RC. there's not a great chance that i will hit 172 tomorrow so i will probably retake for a 3rd time in February. ugh.

gguuueessttt

Bronze

Post by gguuueessttt » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:25 pm

sab that was great. I needed a laugh so thanks for that.

gguuueessttt

Bronze

Post by gguuueessttt » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:27 pm

Alorain wrote:
Same. But I might take a crossword puzzle as a warm up.

HawkeyeGirl

Bronze

Post by HawkeyeGirl » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:04 pm

They laugh in unison.
"... Carry on."

Amazing, Sab. Pure gold!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”