December 2012 Re-takers Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
anteater1

Silver

Re: December 2012 Re-takers

Post by anteater1 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:06 am

mrizza wrote:
anteater1 wrote:Glad to know i'm missed :)

I'll come chat and PW with you guys during the waiting thread
+1
I hope your beard is of epic proportions by now, you know how Hawk likes to be tickled in all the right places.

Alorain

Bronze

Post by Alorain » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:21 am

HawkeyeGirl wrote:
AKsnow wrote:
Alorain wrote: Canucks fan here. Nah, I don't hate Pittsburgh so much. Hate Boston and Chicago though :D
Figured as much. Nucks are pretty nasty. I'm in on the hawks hatred. Not as bad as wings or Philly though.
TOEWS AND KANE FOR THE WIN

AKsnow

Bronze

Post by AKsnow » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:23 am

HawkeyeGirl wrote:
AKsnow wrote:
Alorain wrote: Canucks fan here. Nah, I don't hate Pittsburgh so much. Hate Boston and Chicago though :D
Figured as much. Nucks are pretty nasty. I'm in on the hawks hatred. Not as bad as wings or Philly though.
TOEWS AND KANE FOR THE WIN
I dislike toews for the sole reason that his name is pronounced tabes when it looks like toes. Drives me absolutely bonkers.

M.M.

Bronze

Post by M.M. » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:45 am

Anyone know if it's possible to construct a truth tree which is sufficient to determine if two symbolic logic / propositional logic propositions are logically equivalent?

Edit: NVM

CU44BMD

New

Post by CU44BMD » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:31 am

Wasn't going to say anything but come on best franchise in terms of making something out of nothing are THE NJ DEVILS, gimme flack for Parise gone:( and Marty getting old but never, NEVER, underestimate Lou.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NoodleyOne

Gold

Post by NoodleyOne » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:45 am

CU44BMD wrote:Wasn't going to say anything but come on best franchise in terms of making something out of nothing are THE NJ DEVILS, gimme flack for Parise gone:( and Marty getting old but never, NEVER, underestimate Lou.
Something out of nothing? It's not like the Devils were devoid of talent last year with Parise and Kovalchuk, and a pretty easy path to the Finals. And their other Cups came with teams that were stacked to the brim with talent.

AKsnow

Bronze

Post by AKsnow » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:03 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:
CU44BMD wrote:Wasn't going to say anything but come on best franchise in terms of making something out of nothing are THE NJ DEVILS, gimme flack for Parise gone:( and Marty getting old but never, NEVER, underestimate Lou.
Something out of nothing? It's not like the Devils were devoid of talent last year with Parise and Kovalchuk, and a pretty easy path to the Finals. And their other Cups came with teams that were stacked to the brim with talent.
Devils got lucky getting to the finals. Then the finals were a joke. Then again, anyone playing the kings looked like they didn't know what hit them. There's no chance you'll see em in the finals again for a long time barring some dumb mistakes from better teams (bruins, flyers, pens, caps--if they ever learn not to choke)

PickledPanda

Bronze

Post by PickledPanda » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:03 pm

Wormfather wrote:I dreamed that all of you guys were getting into Yale Harvard and I was still working on my 250.
Have standards man.

CU44BMD

New

Post by CU44BMD » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:12 pm

Easy Path? Florida o.k, Flyers and Rangers I wouldn't say thats "easy." Never said that they didn't have a plethora of talent, they just win without "superstars." The Devils would have done better w/o Kovalchuk any ways, such a lazy hockey player.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

M.M.

Bronze

Post by M.M. » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:14 pm

<---- Has been vanquished by LSAC.

Guess I'm not allowed ITT any more :(

PickledPanda

Bronze

Post by PickledPanda » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:18 pm

M.M. wrote:<---- Has been vanquished by LSAC.

Sorry man. It's not the end of the world. Like some posters said, you could have hope for a Feb retake. It gives you more time to prepare for a higher score AND at worst you sit out a cycle and you're ready to go at the first of next cycle.

M.M.

Bronze

Post by M.M. » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:28 pm

PickledPanda wrote:

Sorry man. It's not the end of the world. Like some posters said, you could have hope for a Feb retake. It gives you more time to prepare for a higher score AND at worst you sit out a cycle and you're ready to go at the first of next cycle.

For sure ... I'm over the initial shock of it and have come to terms with the fact that I can still apply to some really great schools by taking the Feb LSAT.

What do you guys think my scholarship prospects will be like, applying that late in the cycle though? Because as it stands the vast majority of schools I would be applying to with little chance for scholarships have Feb 1 application deadlines. And if I can't get scholarships at the lower ranked schools, it's not remotely worth going to them

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:32 pm

M.M. wrote:
PickledPanda wrote:

For sure ... I'm over the initial shock of it and have come to terms with the fact that I can still apply to some really great schools by taking the Feb LSAT.

What do you guys think my scholarship prospects will be like, applying that late in the cycle though? Because as it stands the vast majority of schools I would be applying to with little chance for scholarships have Feb 1 application deadlines. And if I can't get scholarships at the lower ranked schools, it's not remotely worth going to them
Scholarships will likely be a big problem... I think you should apply this cycle and see how it goes, but be ready to wait out a cycle if you don't get what you're hoping for.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

scottyc66

Silver

Post by scottyc66 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:40 pm

Doesn't it kind of make sense that they'll have plenty of scholarship money left over late in the cycle if they don't properly adjust for the massive decrease in test takers, most likely resulting in a massive decrease in applications. I really doubt schools will make the full adjustment and will find themselves trying harder to get people they normally would simply take or leave.

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:42 pm

scottyc66 wrote:Doesn't it kind of make sense that they'll have plenty of scholarship money left over late in the cycle if they don't properly adjust for the massive decrease in test takers, most likely resulting in a massive decrease in applications. I really doubt schools will make the full adjustment and will find themselves trying harder to get people they normally would simply take or leave.
I agree it will be better this year than other years. But not applying until March will still mean they've given away a substantial amount of their aid packages already, so it will absolutely be worse than if he was applying early january. It might still be worth it though, that's why we're saying he should apply and see how it goes.

londonsportsguy

New

Post by londonsportsguy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:57 pm

Can someone explain this to me:

"If there are any inspired musical performances in the concert, the audience will be treated to a good show. But there will not be a good show unless there are sophisticated listeners in the audience, and to be a sophisticated listener one must understand one's musical roots.

[Correct answer] The audience will be treated to a good show unless there are people in the audience who do not understand their musical roots." (quoted from PowerScore LR, chapter 7)

Is this correct because ...by not having UMR, you can't have SL. And if IMP exists then GS and SL must also exist?

Deeply confused by this one...but I might just need a break.

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:19 pm

Inspired Musical Performances -> Good Show
Good Show - > Sophisticated Listeners
Sophisticated Listener -> Understand One's Musical Roots

Answer:
-Understand Musical Roots -> -Good Show

We derive this from...

-Understand One's Musical Roots -> -Sophisticated Listener -> -Good Show

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

scottyc66

Silver

Post by scottyc66 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:22 pm

What's the stem?

londonsportsguy

New

Post by londonsportsguy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:30 pm

If all are true what must be true.

I think I just got hung up on looking for something involving IMP.

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:43 pm

londonsportsguy wrote:If all are true what must be true.

That's how they get you. Those questions almost never utilize the whole chain, and its always tempting to pick an answer that seems like it does.

Lenahan3

Bronze

Post by Lenahan3 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:02 pm

Just finished PT 67. As said before, I didn't look at it or review any of it, in the hopes of coming close to replicating a clean PT. Obviously, that's not entirely possible, but I think it was pretty close.

Ex. RC: -1
RC: -4
LR1: -1
LR2: -2
LG: -0

173/180

My original score was a 165. Something about this test just throws me. LR contains more "role" questions than I remember, and those usually kill my soul. I almost completely jacked up one of the games by neglecting to calculate the bi-conditional, the second time I've done that recently, so I need to watch it. I still worked up until the very last second to finish the games section, just like the real deal. I failed hard at RC, fucking again, missing 3/4 of my question on the !Kung passage. I must have missed that passage's tone and structure completely, which is irritating. What's really infuriating is going -1 on the RC right before it, and considering it's a 50's RC, it wasn't super easy.

Back on the grind.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

gguuueessttt

Bronze

Post by gguuueessttt » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:08 pm

mrizza wrote:

That's how they get you. Those questions almost never utilize the whole chain, and its always tempting to pick an answer that seems like it does.
Yeah I don't think I've seen a single one that uses the entire chain. That'd be too easy.

gguuueessttt

Bronze

Post by gguuueessttt » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:09 pm

Lenahan3 wrote:Just finished PT 67. As said before, I didn't look at it or review any of it, in the hopes of coming close to replicating a clean PT. Obviously, that's not entirely possible, but I think it was pretty close.

Ex. RC: -1
RC: -4
LR1: -1
LR2: -2
LG: -0

173/180

My original score was a 165. Something about this test just throws me. LR contains more "role" questions than I remember, and those usually kill my soul. I almost completely jacked up one of the games by neglecting to calculate the bi-conditional, the second time I've done that recently, so I need to watch it. I still worked up until the very last second to finish the games section, just like the real deal. I failed hard at RC, fucking again, missing 3/4 of my question on the !Kung passage. I must have missed that passage's tone and structure completely, which is irritating. What's really infuriating is going -1 on the RC right before it, and considering it's a 50's RC, it wasn't super easy.

Back on the grind.
Jumping from 165 to 173 without looking at it in between (I assume) is still pretty darn good.

londonsportsguy

New

Post by londonsportsguy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:54 pm

gguuueessttt wrote:
mrizza wrote:

Yeah I don't think I've seen a single one that uses the entire chain. That'd be too easy.
Thanks folks. Looking at it 10 min later it made total sense...I just needed a workout, I was brain tired.

M.M.

Bronze

Post by M.M. » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:04 pm

mrizza wrote:
scottyc66 wrote:Doesn't it kind of make sense that they'll have plenty of scholarship money left over late in the cycle if they don't properly adjust for the massive decrease in test takers, most likely resulting in a massive decrease in applications. I really doubt schools will make the full adjustment and will find themselves trying harder to get people they normally would simply take or leave.
I agree it will be better this year than other years. But not applying until March will still mean they've given away a substantial amount of their aid packages already, so it will absolutely be worse than if he was applying early january. It might still be worth it though, that's why we're saying he should apply and see how it goes.
So basically Im fucked no matter what?

Unless I guess I somehow miraculously get accepted to a reach school that late in the cycle ?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”