App Game considering lowered performance on today's test

collegebum1989

App Game considering lowered performance on today's test

Postby collegebum1989 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:42 pm

I was PTing at 171-173 range, but today killed me.

I guessed on 3 LG questions (usually go -0 to -2), realized i read a rule wrong on the Subzone game which means its safe to assume I got more than one wrong, and had to guess on last 2 RC questions. Considering these 5 questions, and another 10-15 on LR, LG and RC for normal misreading errors that I usually get, I'm looking at anywhere from -15 to -20 which is in the 164-168 range (approximately).

I'm also a splitter and was banking on a great LSAT to make up for the low GPA. However, I can still get into some of my safeties using this score. Would it be better to cancel and retake in December or leave the score as is, apply to safeties and secure some admissions early and retake in December to try for T14?

fishbulb

Re: App Game considering lowered performance on today's test

Postby fishbulb » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:52 pm

collegebum1989 wrote:I was PTing at 171-173 range, but today killed me.

I guessed on 3 LG questions (usually go -0 to -2), realized i read a rule wrong on the Subzone game which means its safe to assume I got more than one wrong, and had to guess on last 2 RC questions. Considering these 5 questions, and another 10-15 on LR, LG and RC for normal misreading errors that I usually get, I'm looking at anywhere from -15 to -20 which is in the 164-168 range (approximately).

I'm also a splitter and was banking on a great LSAT to make up for the low GPA. However, I can still get into some of my safeties using this score. Would it be better to cancel and retake in December or leave the score as is, apply to safeties and secure some admissions early and retake in December to try for T14?

Also, interested in this question.

chadbrochill

Postby chadbrochill » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:57 pm

I'm letting this score stay so I can possibly pick up a few fee waivers since I'm applying this cycle regardless

Strong chance of taking december though

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:00 pm

it appears that most schools only look at the higher score (some say they average, but actual acceptances indicate otherwise), so there's no harm in keeping your score and getting a new one in December.

Note that you might not have done as badly as you thought. When I took the LSAT, I didn't think I did as well as I'd expected, but I actually ended up with the score I wanted.
Also, some tests are scored more generously than others, so that even if you did screw up, it might not be as bad (a 170 has ranged from 11 mistakes to 14 mistakes, depending on the year)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”