For those who thought RC kicked your ass, where was it?

boblawlob

For those who thought RC kicked your ass, where was it?

Postby boblawlob » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:47 pm

Was it your first section or was it later on during the test?

Trying to determine to what degree fatigue affects how you do on RC...

sinfiery

Re: For those who thought RC kicked your ass, where was it?

Postby sinfiery » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:53 pm

First RC kind of kicked my ass.

Third RC did kick my ass.

Third was experimental :)

abcde12345

Postby abcde12345 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:59 pm

I was so happy to see my third section be an RC, because I definitely messed up the first one. When I got to it, and the passages were normal and not !Kung shit, I got so happy because I thought "Oh great this is the real RC!" Well, I was so upset when I found out this wasn't the case. RC3x was so easy. It was regular RC. The !Kung passage and the actor passage were just weird.

I think what messed me up the most was the proctors. There were 16 kids in the room (it was a huge lecture hall) and 4 proctors. The proctors kept walking around. Nonstop. It was the first section, so I felt really intimidated and distracted. I don't think the proctors realized they could just fucking sit down at the back of the classroom and observe, instead of distracting everybody. I didn't get used to them until the second section, and they really messed up my concentration for RC.

So to answer your question: fatigue didn't play a role at all for me. I did really well on the RCx. I did even better, I think, because I thought the real RC was practice.

VUSisterRayVU

Postby VUSisterRayVU » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:05 pm

There were more a few questions that tripped me up than any passage in particular. None was especially difficult but I felt it was slightly harder than normal.

DaRascal

Postby DaRascal » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:07 pm

sinfiery wrote:First RC kind of kicked my ass.

I was so glad that third one was experimental. I think I killed every passage except for that "Historical Analysis" one on the third one. That friggin sucked ass.

boblawlob

Postby boblawlob » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:08 pm

DaRascal wrote:
sinfiery wrote:First RC kind of kicked my ass.

I was so glad that third one was experimental. I think I killed every passage except for that "Historical Analysis" one on the third one. That friggin sucked ass.

I still don't understand the historical analysis passage. It read like mumbo jumbo to me.

msmith19

Postby msmith19 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:08 pm

RC wasn't bad. I had LR experimental and unfortunately it was the one I did the best on. Always hard to tell with RC though. Last LG was pretty difficult? Or just test nerves and running out of time? I think the wide-opennness and my lack of composure to get to the major deduction or specific options probably didn't help.

Chardee_MacDennis

Postby Chardee_MacDennis » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:10 pm

abcde12345 wrote:I was so happy to see my third section be an RC, because I definitely messed up the first one. When I got to it, and the passages were normal and not !Kung shit, I got so happy because I thought "Oh great this is the real RC!" Well, I was so upset when I found out this wasn't the case. RC3x was so easy. It was regular RC. The !Kung passage and the actor passage were just weird.

I think what messed me up the most was the proctors. There were 16 kids in the room (it was a huge lecture hall) and 4 proctors. The proctors kept walking around. Nonstop. It was the first section, so I felt really intimidated and distracted. I don't think the proctors realized they could just fucking sit down at the back of the classroom and observe, instead of distracting everybody. I didn't get used to them until the second section, and they really messed up my concentration for RC.

So to answer your question: fatigue didn't play a role at all for me. I did really well on the RCx. I did even better, I think, because I thought the real RC was practice.

Interesting to hear, since I had the opposite reaction.

All relative, I suppose.

square_peg

Postby square_peg » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:11 pm

The actor and !Kung tripped me up a little, but the actor was the worse of the two. The others were solid.

I'm also glad the comparative history passages were experimental. Those were awful...

abcde12345

Postby abcde12345 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:15 pm

Chardee_MacDennis wrote:Interesting to hear, since I had the opposite reaction. All relative, I suppose.

How well I do depends on the content for me also. On PTs, with content I have no familiarity with, I consistently go -2. With content I am familiar with, I go -1 or -0 (I think I went -1 on RCx, but much more than that on the real RC). I'm really comfortable with physics passages (not a physics major, just like it), and I did the Einstein passage in maybe 5 minutes. So I think that played a role.

SupCutie

Postby SupCutie » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:38 pm

African actors had a couple of tough questions........ the !Africantribesmanasglobalfeministtheory one was ridiculous for me though. Does anybody remember what other passages were on it? Invasive plants comparative?

AEIOU

Postby AEIOU » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:45 pm

The !Kung was fucked.

abcde12345

Postby abcde12345 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:45 pm

I kept reading it as iKung. Fuck you apple.

lovejopd

Postby lovejopd » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:48 pm

abcde12345 wrote:I kept reading it as iKung. Fuck you apple.

Same here...

I think I guessed almost all answers...FML...Couldn't get my head around it... :cry:

boblawlob

Postby boblawlob » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:49 pm

SupCutie wrote:African actors had a couple of tough questions........ the !Africantribesmanasglobalfeministtheory one was ridiculous for me though. Does anybody remember what other passages were on it? Invasive plants comparative?

invasive plants/biodiversity

westie25

Postby westie25 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:53 pm

abcde12345 wrote:I kept reading it as iKung. Fuck you apple.

I read it as iKung the first few times, too. After that I told myself it was Kong, because "!Kung" kept f'ing with my head. I was reading it as a shitty typo in the passage, and it was annoying/distracting me.

MsAvocadoPit

Postby MsAvocadoPit » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:59 pm

I can't remember which order the topics were in :| I had RC-LR-RC /LG-LR

I just remember my 3rd RC I felt like I did better on, because I was doing better on my time management. But I just can't remember if I did Kung/Monarchy on RC1 or RC3. Ugh!! I hope it was my RC3 :|

My experimental included Astronomy/Ancient Greeks. I remember liking that passage too, foook!

SumStalwart

Postby SumStalwart » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:54 am

My test order was: LR RC LR LR AR. I don't think that it was test fatigue that got me. I just was having a hard time deciding between answers. Though, RC is usually my most volatile section (the lowest I go is -3 and the worst is -8). I really hope that I went on the lower end of that.. I ended up having to rush through the last passage-- I barely remember what it was about.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”