Need Advice - Cancel twice?

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Need Advice - Cancel twice?

Postby az21833 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:06 pm

az21833 wrote:
az21833 wrote:
honeybadger12 wrote:One more thing: unless you absolutely need HYS or your life is ruined, or you must apply this cycle, don't feel pressure in December. Most of the T14 takes highest score, so you'll definitely get a T14 if you want it bad enough (even if you bomb December, you could keep retaking until you do well). This obviously wouldn't be a great plan cuz it'd mean delaying a year at least, but if you're dead set on T14 you know you can get it eventually. Thinking this way helped me feel less pressure in my second test.

It's not a good route, so definitely plan on crushing December, but at least you can know in the back of your mind that your professional life will be okay regardless of how you perform.


thanks very much, so far I am planning on keeping my score for this very reason. A 3.99/168-171 will definitely get me into a couple lesser t14's which are still amazing schools. knowing that I have that option already lined up will certainly take some of the edge off.

will do a lot of research before deciding whether to cancel or keep. if anybody out there on TLS has any insight into whether HYS and CCN prefer C/C/173 vs. C/169/173 - would be greatly appreciated. thanks


hoping to make a decision today or tomorrow if anybody has any last minute pearls of wisdom here on whether to cancel. still very, very torn. any guidance would be much appreciated.


alright i think im sticking with the score guys. will likely give me a 170. 3.99/170 should get me into cornell/northwestern/duke types which are all great schools. will retake in december and hopefully hit my full potential but if not, i'll still be in a good place.

Taus11
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:05 am

Re: Need Advice - Cancel twice?

Postby Taus11 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:11 pm

az21833 wrote:
az21833 wrote:
az21833 wrote:
honeybadger12 wrote:One more thing: unless you absolutely need HYS or your life is ruined, or you must apply this cycle, don't feel pressure in December. Most of the T14 takes highest score, so you'll definitely get a T14 if you want it bad enough (even if you bomb December, you could keep retaking until you do well). This obviously wouldn't be a great plan cuz it'd mean delaying a year at least, but if you're dead set on T14 you know you can get it eventually. Thinking this way helped me feel less pressure in my second test.

It's not a good route, so definitely plan on crushing December, but at least you can know in the back of your mind that your professional life will be okay regardless of how you perform.


thanks very much, so far I am planning on keeping my score for this very reason. A 3.99/168-171 will definitely get me into a couple lesser t14's which are still amazing schools. knowing that I have that option already lined up will certainly take some of the edge off.

will do a lot of research before deciding whether to cancel or keep. if anybody out there on TLS has any insight into whether HYS and CCN prefer C/C/173 vs. C/169/173 - would be greatly appreciated. thanks


hoping to make a decision today or tomorrow if anybody has any last minute pearls of wisdom here on whether to cancel. still very, very torn. any guidance would be much appreciated.


alright i think im sticking with the score guys. will likely give me a 170. 3.99/170 should get me into cornell/northwestern/duke types which are all great schools. will retake in december and hopefully hit my full potential but if not, i'll still be in a good place.

this is the right choice.

plus you just never know. i got about 4 points higher than i expected in june. i was about to cancel. truly scares me

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Need Advice - Cancel twice?

Postby az21833 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:30 pm

would a C-170-173 with a 4.0 from an ivy position me well for HYS?




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests