Zones LG (poll: How many were more or less a guess?)

More or less guess

21%
12%
17%
17%
6%
11%
So many they will take an additional 7th point off my score
17%

Total votes: 109

glucose101

Re: Zones LG (poll: How many were more or less a guess?)

Postby glucose101 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:18 pm

??=problem-solving one/"subjects"

DaRascal

Postby DaRascal » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:21 pm

Br3v wrote:It was:
??
Topic/major speech
Shopping aisles?
Zones

Don't forget the Professor sequencing one.

Postby 052220151 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:21 pm

Zero were guesses. I know I went -0 on LG, RC on the other hand....

Kitkatt

Postby Kitkatt » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:23 pm

I didn't have a hard time at all. I didn't feel as though I guessed on any. This makes me almost nervous that I missed something though with everyone else having such a hard time.

Postby 052220151 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:26 pm

Zero were guesses. I know I went -0 on LG, RC on the other hand....

pmk180

Postby pmk180 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:29 pm

Kitkatt wrote:I didn't have a hard time at all. I didn't feel as though I guessed on any. This makes me almost nervous that I missed something though with everyone else having such a hard time.

I feel this way as well. The game was definitely a little unusual but not too bad. Now I'm second guessing myself :(

square_peg

Postby square_peg » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:33 pm

pmk180 wrote:
Kitkatt wrote:I didn't have a hard time at all. I didn't feel as though I guessed on any. This makes me almost nervous that I missed something though with everyone else having such a hard time.

I feel this way as well. The game was definitely a little unusual but not too bad. Now I'm second guessing myself :(

Yeah, same here. I thought I went -0 in games. Aside from being awkwardly worded, I didn't find the zones difficult at all. But everyone else seems to disagree. Now I feel like I'm missing something...

mqt

Postby mqt » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:34 pm

I wouldn't worry. It sounds like a few of us at least would have been in the same situation if we didn't have an initial freak out on the first game that wasn't warranted at all. Not a bad game section in general if you got the first 3 games quickly. The 4th was just time consuming.

beautyistruth

Postby beautyistruth » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:38 pm

Br3v wrote:It was:
??
Topic/major speech
Shopping aisles?
Zones

Topics/major speeches
Shopping aisles, or some other linear game
Books distributed on a shelf
Zones

Fuck.

Nolita Fairytale

Postby Nolita Fairytale » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:40 pm

2 (half-)guesses, but I didn't have enough time to really check the rest of my answers. For all I know, I can go -5 on that game. I hope it will be -2/-3. The worst part is that the game doesn't seem difficult right now, when I'm not at the test center. Oh well...

airplay355

Postby airplay355 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:41 pm

There were two speeches ones right? One about guest speakers and one about topics/majors

msquaredb

Postby msquaredb » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:48 pm

I don't know what but I guessed on all of the first and last! I usually go -1 to -4 on games. My middle two games were curiously void of an answer choice so I guessed that for like 8 questions...hope I get about half.

I can't afford to cancel :(

beautyistruth

Postby beautyistruth » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:50 pm

airplay355 wrote:There were two speeches ones right? One about guest speakers and one about topics/majors

Yeah, that sounds right. (This seems to be treading into questionable content territory...)

talesofyore

Postby talesofyore » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:59 pm

No, I thought they were pretty damn easy in retrospect. Unfortunately I just looked at games three and four and freaked out. When I finally calmed down I was like ugh! I should have done these first! I ended up having to fly through them, and as such, probably didn't do well on them.

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:36 pm

Definitely went -0.

Kitkatt

Postby Kitkatt » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:40 pm

Mqt wrote:

I wouldn't worry. It sounds like a few of us at least would have been in the same situation if we didn't have an initial freak out on the first game that wasn't warranted at all. Not a bad game section in general if you got the first 3 games quickly. The 4th was just time consuming.

True. I worked my way quickly enough through the first three to still have 10-11 minutes left by the time I got to zones.

annet

Postby annet » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Mqt wrote:
desiballa21 wrote:
goden wrote:I guessed blindly for all but the first question.

same... idk if I choked or just didn't get it.. I sort of blackout during the test and don't remember anything.

That's not ideal. Without getting too specific (because of both required secrecy and a complete inability to remember the rules/questions), there were definitely rules specific enough to answer at least half of the questions without guessing, provided you had the time to do so.

I agree. I ended up with 5 minutes for this game and did manage some questions very quickly on rules alone. I never got my head around a diagram for this game so just did some quick plugging in for one more question and then made a not particularly educated guesses on 2.

The key for me was not panicing and triaging it. Not great but hopefully I got more than half right.

VUSisterRayVU

Postby VUSisterRayVU » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:46 pm

annet wrote:
Mqt wrote:
desiballa21 wrote:

same... idk if I choked or just didn't get it.. I sort of blackout during the test and don't remember anything.

That's not ideal. Without getting too specific (because of both required secrecy and a complete inability to remember the rules/questions), there were definitely rules specific enough to answer at least half of the questions without guessing, provided you had the time to do so.

I agree. I ended up with 5 minutes for this game and did manage some questions very quickly on rules alone. I never got my head around a diagram for this game so just did some quick plugging in for one more question and then made a not particularly educated guesses on 2.

The key for me was not panicing and triaging it. Not great but hopefully I got more than half right.

Agreed. A few could be worked out based purely on the rules (though who knows if I read one of them right). I hope I got those right and that one of my 'guesses' worked out.

chadbrochill

Postby chadbrochill » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:49 pm

The wording of the rules really blew me...I just couldn't get a handle on what they meant. Had like 15-17 mins going into this one, and I know I missed 1-2 for sure. LG is usually my strong suite, so any misses really hurt. I don't even think this will ultimately be considered a "difficult" LG considering how cupcake the first 3 games were. :cry:

luxlisbon

Postby luxlisbon » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:51 pm

Does anyone recall how many questions were in the zones LG?

boblawlob

Postby boblawlob » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:52 pm

luxlisbon wrote:Does anyone recall how many questions were in the zones LG?

Might've been 6.

michelleville

Postby michelleville » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:07 pm

pmk180 wrote:

I don't think you need to worry...I flipped out at zones at first too like most people, but once I stopped trying to diagram I got through it quickly. It was an annoyingly easy game once I 'got' it (almost too late...didn't have time to check my answers).

msmith19

Postby msmith19 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:10 pm

luxlisbon wrote:Does anyone recall how many questions were in the zones LG?

I believe 6..1 on the first page and then 3:2 on the second. Fuck me

TRex77

Postby TRex77 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:11 pm

desiballa21 wrote:

Fml same here

Dddddd

Chardee_MacDennis

Postby Chardee_MacDennis » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:17 pm

michelleville wrote:
pmk180 wrote:

I don't think you need to worry...I flipped out at zones at first too like most people, but once I stopped trying to diagram I got through it quickly. It was an annoyingly easy game once I 'got' it (almost too late...didn't have time to check my answers).

This. Once I gave up on trying to build scenarios, I went through this fairly quickly. Had about 10 mins going into this one, so I never felt the need to rush. Thought this whole section skewed towards the easy side.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”