Zones LG (poll: How many were more or less a guess?) Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

More or less guess

21%
12%
17%
17%
6%
11%
So many they will take an additional 7th point off my score
17%

Total votes: 109

glucose101

Bronze

Re: Zones LG (poll: How many were more or less a guess?)

Post by glucose101 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:18 pm

??=problem-solving one/"subjects"

DaRascal

Gold

Post by DaRascal » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:21 pm

Br3v wrote:It was:
??
Topic/major speech
Shopping aisles?
Zones
Don't forget the Professor sequencing one.

Gold

Post by 052220151 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:21 pm

Zero were guesses. I know I went -0 on LG, RC on the other hand....

Kitkatt

New

Post by Kitkatt » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:23 pm

I didn't have a hard time at all. I didn't feel as though I guessed on any. This makes me almost nervous that I missed something though with everyone else having such a hard time.

Gold

Post by 052220151 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:26 pm

Zero were guesses. I know I went -0 on LG, RC on the other hand....

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

pmk180

New

Post by pmk180 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:29 pm

Kitkatt wrote:I didn't have a hard time at all. I didn't feel as though I guessed on any. This makes me almost nervous that I missed something though with everyone else having such a hard time.
I feel this way as well. The game was definitely a little unusual but not too bad. Now I'm second guessing myself :(

square_peg

New

Post by square_peg » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:33 pm

pmk180 wrote:
Kitkatt wrote:I didn't have a hard time at all. I didn't feel as though I guessed on any. This makes me almost nervous that I missed something though with everyone else having such a hard time.
I feel this way as well. The game was definitely a little unusual but not too bad. Now I'm second guessing myself :(
Yeah, same here. I thought I went -0 in games. Aside from being awkwardly worded, I didn't find the zones difficult at all. But everyone else seems to disagree. Now I feel like I'm missing something...

mqt

Gold

Post by mqt » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:34 pm

I wouldn't worry. It sounds like a few of us at least would have been in the same situation if we didn't have an initial freak out on the first game that wasn't warranted at all. Not a bad game section in general if you got the first 3 games quickly. The 4th was just time consuming.

beautyistruth

Bronze

Post by beautyistruth » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:38 pm

Br3v wrote:It was:
??
Topic/major speech
Shopping aisles?
Zones
Topics/major speeches
Shopping aisles, or some other linear game
Books distributed on a shelf
Zones

Fuck.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Nolita Fairytale

New

Post by Nolita Fairytale » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:40 pm

2 (half-)guesses, but I didn't have enough time to really check the rest of my answers. For all I know, I can go -5 on that game. I hope it will be -2/-3. The worst part is that the game doesn't seem difficult right now, when I'm not at the test center. Oh well...

airplay355

New

Post by airplay355 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:41 pm

There were two speeches ones right? One about guest speakers and one about topics/majors

msquaredb

Bronze

Post by msquaredb » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:48 pm

I don't know what but I guessed on all of the first and last! I usually go -1 to -4 on games. My middle two games were curiously void of an answer choice so I guessed that for like 8 questions...hope I get about half.

I can't afford to cancel :(

beautyistruth

Bronze

Post by beautyistruth » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:50 pm

airplay355 wrote:There were two speeches ones right? One about guest speakers and one about topics/majors
Yeah, that sounds right. (This seems to be treading into questionable content territory...)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

talesofyore

Bronze

Post by talesofyore » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:59 pm

No, I thought they were pretty damn easy in retrospect. Unfortunately I just looked at games three and four and freaked out. When I finally calmed down I was like ugh! I should have done these first! I ended up having to fly through them, and as such, probably didn't do well on them.

NoodleyOne

Gold

Post by NoodleyOne » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:36 pm

Definitely went -0.

Kitkatt

New

Post by Kitkatt » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:40 pm

Mqt wrote:
I wouldn't worry. It sounds like a few of us at least would have been in the same situation if we didn't have an initial freak out on the first game that wasn't warranted at all. Not a bad game section in general if you got the first 3 games quickly. The 4th was just time consuming.
True. I worked my way quickly enough through the first three to still have 10-11 minutes left by the time I got to zones.

annet

Bronze

Post by annet » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Mqt wrote:
desiballa21 wrote:
goden wrote:I guessed blindly for all but the first question.
same... idk if I choked or just didn't get it.. I sort of blackout during the test and don't remember anything.
That's not ideal. Without getting too specific (because of both required secrecy and a complete inability to remember the rules/questions), there were definitely rules specific enough to answer at least half of the questions without guessing, provided you had the time to do so.
I agree. I ended up with 5 minutes for this game and did manage some questions very quickly on rules alone. I never got my head around a diagram for this game so just did some quick plugging in for one more question and then made a not particularly educated guesses on 2.

The key for me was not panicing and triaging it. Not great but hopefully I got more than half right.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

VUSisterRayVU

Bronze

Post by VUSisterRayVU » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:46 pm

annet wrote:
Mqt wrote:
desiballa21 wrote:
same... idk if I choked or just didn't get it.. I sort of blackout during the test and don't remember anything.
That's not ideal. Without getting too specific (because of both required secrecy and a complete inability to remember the rules/questions), there were definitely rules specific enough to answer at least half of the questions without guessing, provided you had the time to do so.
I agree. I ended up with 5 minutes for this game and did manage some questions very quickly on rules alone. I never got my head around a diagram for this game so just did some quick plugging in for one more question and then made a not particularly educated guesses on 2.

The key for me was not panicing and triaging it. Not great but hopefully I got more than half right.
Agreed. A few could be worked out based purely on the rules (though who knows if I read one of them right). I hope I got those right and that one of my 'guesses' worked out.

chadbrochill

Bronze

Post by chadbrochill » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:49 pm

The wording of the rules really blew me...I just couldn't get a handle on what they meant. Had like 15-17 mins going into this one, and I know I missed 1-2 for sure. LG is usually my strong suite, so any misses really hurt. I don't even think this will ultimately be considered a "difficult" LG considering how cupcake the first 3 games were. :cry:

luxlisbon

New

Post by luxlisbon » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:51 pm

Does anyone recall how many questions were in the zones LG?

boblawlob

Silver

Post by boblawlob » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:52 pm

luxlisbon wrote:Does anyone recall how many questions were in the zones LG?
Might've been 6.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

michelleville

New

Post by michelleville » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:07 pm

pmk180 wrote:
I don't think you need to worry...I flipped out at zones at first too like most people, but once I stopped trying to diagram I got through it quickly. It was an annoyingly easy game once I 'got' it (almost too late...didn't have time to check my answers).

msmith19

New

Post by msmith19 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:10 pm

luxlisbon wrote:Does anyone recall how many questions were in the zones LG?
I believe 6..1 on the first page and then 3:2 on the second. Fuck me

TRex77

New

Post by TRex77 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:11 pm

desiballa21 wrote:
Fml same here

Dddddd

Chardee_MacDennis

Bronze

Post by Chardee_MacDennis » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:17 pm

michelleville wrote:
pmk180 wrote:
I don't think you need to worry...I flipped out at zones at first too like most people, but once I stopped trying to diagram I got through it quickly. It was an annoyingly easy game once I 'got' it (almost too late...didn't have time to check my answers).
This. Once I gave up on trying to build scenarios, I went through this fairly quickly. Had about 10 mins going into this one, so I never felt the need to rush. Thought this whole section skewed towards the easy side.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”