Zones LG (poll: How many were more or less a guess?)

More or less guess

1
23
21%
2
13
12%
3
18
17%
4
19
17%
5
6
6%
6
12
11%
So many they will take an additional 7th point off my score
18
17%
 
Total votes: 109

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Zones LG (poll: How many were more or less a guess?)

Postby Br3v » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:15 pm

This is in reference to the Zones game in LG.

While I feel that for all I know I could have gone -0 on it, i felt some were more or less a guess. I see that many people felt the same way.

POLL: How many did you have to more or less guess on in the zones game?

REMEMBER NO SPECIFICS

User avatar
VUSisterRayVU
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Zones LG (poll: How many were more or less a guess?)

Postby VUSisterRayVU » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:30 pm

Fairly sure I got at least 2 questions right.

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: Zones LG (poll: How many were more or less a guess?)

Postby Br3v » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:30 pm

VUSisterRayVU wrote:Fairly sure I got at least 2 questions right.


Same
Last edited by Br3v on Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mqt
Posts: 2156
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: Zones LG (poll: How many were more or less a guess?)

Postby mqt » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:30 pm

Had one that I guessed due to timing. Every other one I was able to disprove through hypos.

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Zones LG (poll: How many were more or less a guess?)

Postby nygrrrl » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:31 pm

Br3v wrote:REMEMBER NO SPECIFICS

You. I like you.

User avatar
glucose101
Posts: 423
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:23 am

Re: Zones LG (poll: How many were more or less a guess?)

Postby glucose101 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:32 pm

Maybe I didn't understand the game, but I felt like I only guess on 3-4 questions. I'm pretty sure I was able to verify the ones I didn't miss.

User avatar
oaken
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:27 am

Re: Zones LG (poll: How many were more or less a guess?)

Postby oaken » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:34 pm

No zero choice? I feel terrible about the test as a whole but actually got an answer for every q on that game.

User avatar
Chardee_MacDennis
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:26 am

Re: Zones LG (poll: How many were more or less a guess?)

Postby Chardee_MacDennis » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:37 pm

oaken wrote:No zero choice? I feel terrible about the test as a whole but actually got an answer for every q on that game.


+1

Didn't think it was difficult at all, just time consuming.

User avatar
sanjola
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Zones LG (poll: How many were more or less a guess?)

Postby sanjola » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:37 pm

I really can't wait to do this game again. It felt like the hardest game I've ever done, but that may have been because of the time limitations. I really wish LG was Section 5.

User avatar
goden
Posts: 2280
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: Zones LG (poll: How many were more or less a guess?)

Postby goden » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:41 pm

I guessed blindly for all but the first question.

User avatar
desiballa21
Posts: 440
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:33 pm

Re: Zones LG (poll: How many were more or less a guess?)

Postby desiballa21 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:42 pm

goden wrote:I guessed blindly for all but the first question.


same... idk if I choked or just didn't get it.. I sort of blackout during the test and don't remember anything.

dba415
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:50 pm

Re: Zones LG (poll: How many were more or less a guess?)

Postby dba415 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:45 pm

Does anyone even understand the rules?

The last rule in particular, what exactly did it mean?

User avatar
glucose101
Posts: 423
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:23 am

Re: Zones LG (poll: How many were more or less a guess?)

Postby glucose101 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:46 pm

Good thing my instinct told me to skip leave that game until last.

User avatar
mqt
Posts: 2156
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: Zones LG (poll: How many were more or less a guess?)

Postby mqt » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:46 pm

About this game, I feel like I would have completed them all if I didn't freak out initially over the first game in the section. I wasted a lot of time worrying about the diagram about the first game and subsequently had a minute or two less time to tackle this one. It only likely cost me a point, but man, I should have had that time left over. The first game really wasn't hard.

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: Zones LG (poll: How many were more or less a guess?)

Postby DaRascal » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:47 pm

That was honestly one of the hardest games I've ever seen. Thought I killed it except for that.
Please please please let that whole game be removed from scoring. :cry:


Guessed on about 3 or 4. Pretty sure I got 3 right on that game.

User avatar
mqt
Posts: 2156
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: Zones LG (poll: How many were more or less a guess?)

Postby mqt » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:50 pm

desiballa21 wrote:
goden wrote:I guessed blindly for all but the first question.


same... idk if I choked or just didn't get it.. I sort of blackout during the test and don't remember anything.


That's not ideal. Without getting too specific (because of both required secrecy and a complete inability to remember the rules/questions), there were definitely rules specific enough to answer at least half of the questions without guessing, provided you had the time to do so.

Taus11
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:05 am

Re: Zones LG (poll: How many were more or less a guess?)

Postby Taus11 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:52 pm

Mqt wrote:About this game, I feel like I would have completed them all if I didn't freak out initially over the first game in the section. I wasted a lot of time worrying about the diagram about the first game and subsequently had a minute or two less time to tackle this one. It only likely cost me a point, but man, I should have had that time left over. The first game really wasn't hard.

Are you talking about the students giving speeches one? Sorry that happened, man. What made you freak out? I felt this LG section was designed so you spend ~5 minutes on the first one and ~9 minutes on the zoning one.

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: Zones LG (poll: How many were more or less a guess?)

Postby Br3v » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:55 pm

dba415 wrote:Does anyone even understand the rules?

The last rule in particular, what exactly did it mean?


I literally had to read the rules maybe 5 times. That last rule in particular. It was your basic, but as those of us who took it know, with the way the "types" of different groups there were, it was difficult to know exactly what they meant without close inspection. Even then I still didn't feel comfortable.

User avatar
mqt
Posts: 2156
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: Zones LG (poll: How many were more or less a guess?)

Postby mqt » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:01 pm

Taus11 wrote:
Mqt wrote:About this game, I feel like I would have completed them all if I didn't freak out initially over the first game in the section. I wasted a lot of time worrying about the diagram about the first game and subsequently had a minute or two less time to tackle this one. It only likely cost me a point, but man, I should have had that time left over. The first game really wasn't hard.

Are you talking about the students giving speeches one? Sorry that happened, man. What made you freak out? I felt this LG section was designed so you spend ~5 minutes on the first one and ~9 minutes on the zoning one.


Yes. The first question warped my brain at first glance. Then I looked at it again after doing games 2 and 3 and realized the whole game was absurdly straight-forward.

ashen
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:42 pm

Re: Zones LG (poll: How many were more or less a guess?)

Postby ashen » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:03 pm

I'll be lucky if I get -5 for LG with that zoning game...
Had more trouble with it than the mauve dinosaur game...

User avatar
glucose101
Posts: 423
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:23 am

Re: Zones LG (poll: How many were more or less a guess?)

Postby glucose101 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:04 pm

I think I had trouble w the last one bc of the closeness of the terms.

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: Zones LG (poll: How many were more or less a guess?)

Postby Br3v » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:05 pm

glucose101 wrote:I think I had trouble w the last one bc of the closeness of the terms.


YES

User avatar
RCinDNA
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:55 pm

Re: Zones LG (poll: How many were more or less a guess?)

Postby RCinDNA » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Mqt wrote:
Taus11 wrote:
Mqt wrote:About this game, I feel like I would have completed them all if I didn't freak out initially over the first game in the section. I wasted a lot of time worrying about the diagram about the first game and subsequently had a minute or two less time to tackle this one. It only likely cost me a point, but man, I should have had that time left over. The first game really wasn't hard.

Are you talking about the students giving speeches one? Sorry that happened, man. What made you freak out? I felt this LG section was designed so you spend ~5 minutes on the first one and ~9 minutes on the zoning one.


Yes. The first question warped my brain at first glance. Then I looked at it again after doing games 2 and 3 and realized the whole game was absurdly straight-forward.


By the time I realized that, I had already wasted too much time. Hadn't actually drilled that type of game as much as others, but it reminded me of dinosaurs.

User avatar
CardozoLaw09
Posts: 1750
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: Zones LG (poll: How many were more or less a guess?)

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:08 pm

goden wrote:I guessed blindly for all but the first question.


+1

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: Zones LG (poll: How many were more or less a guess?)

Postby Br3v » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:08 pm

It was:
??
Topic/major speech
Shopping aisles?
Zones




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandros and 3 guests