RC-LR-LG-LG-LR

Jaqen

Re: RC-LR-LG-LG-LR

Postby Jaqen » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:24 pm

mtr123456 wrote:the real LR sections had:

drinking alcohol and exercising more, high cost couch/sofa, dispute about murder mystery movie....doctor dosage with the herbal tea.....peaches/apricot question and the bees/garden pollination question

CONFIRM?

I only remember couch, murder mystery, doctor dosage, peaches/apricot. OH YEAH, CRAP, been reading about the bees and pollination question and couldn't remember it, but now I do. And alcohol/exercising more, fuzzy but think I remember it. Not sure though.

I feel like a recovering amnesiac.

mtr123456

Postby mtr123456 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:42 pm

DO ANY NON-LogicalReasoning EXPERIMENTAL test takers RECALL A QUESTION similar to this:
------energy consuming items such as cars emitting co2 and contributing to global warming?

bobm89

Postby bobm89 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:13 pm

Jaqen wrote:
mtr123456 wrote:the real LR sections had:

drinking alcohol and exercising more, high cost couch/sofa, dispute about murder mystery movie....doctor dosage with the herbal tea.....peaches/apricot question and the bees/garden pollination question

CONFIRM?

I didn't have experimental LR, and I don't remember one about drinking alcohol and exercising more. The others I remember, though.

bobm89

Postby bobm89 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:13 pm

mtr123456 wrote:DO ANY NON-LogicalReasoning EXPERIMENTAL test takers RECALL A QUESTION similar to this:
------energy consuming items such as cars emitting co2 and contributing to global warming?

yes

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:22 pm

bobm89 wrote:
mtr123456 wrote:DO ANY NON-LogicalReasoning EXPERIMENTAL test takers RECALL A QUESTION similar to this:

yes

Yes.

bobm89

Postby bobm89 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:42 pm

i had an LG (i have no idea what the topic was) where there was an OVERSHARE

anyone remember if this was real or experimental?

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:08 am

bobm89 wrote:i had an LG (i have no idea what the topic was) where there was an OVERSHARE
anyone remember if this was real or experimental?

Concerts? If so, it 'twas experimental.

helpplease

Postby helpplease » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:42 am

I'm not sure if it was just the confidence at the beginning of the test, but I thought the RC was extremely easy. On average I miss around 8 on RC, but today I was flying through that section. It was great!

The zones was definitely tough and that undoubtedly messed up my last LR section. I was nearing q10 and I was still thinking about that stupid game. What do you guys think the curve will be on this test? Also, do yall expect we get scores back in 2.5 weeks or will it really be the week of the 29th?

luxlisbon

Postby luxlisbon » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:44 am

I also thought RC was unusually easy. I zipped through the passages and had time to properly answer all the questions, which I usually don't get to do.

billiris321

Postby billiris321 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:23 am

CAN SOMEBODY VERIFY WHICH LG WAS EXPERIMENTAL IN THE RC LR LG LG LR EXAM??!!!!

helpplease

Postby helpplease » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:53 am

billiris321 wrote:CAN SOMEBODY VERIFY WHICH LG WAS EXPERIMENTAL IN THE RC LR LG LG LR EXAM??!!!!

The 3rd was exp. The 4th (one with zones) was real.

CyanIdes Of March

Postby CyanIdes Of March » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:03 am

Not sure if it's been answered yet, but was the 2 page LGs still around for Oct?

vegso

Postby vegso » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:06 am

Yes, and LSAC already officially confirmed that earlier

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:13 am

Can someone give me a hint of alcohol workout question? I don't remember it.

luxlisbon

Postby luxlisbon » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:03 pm

Br3v wrote:Can someone give me a hint of alcohol workout question? I don't remember it.

I don't remember this either and I had LG experimental

Jaqen

Postby Jaqen » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:29 pm

luxlisbon wrote:
Br3v wrote:Can someone give me a hint of alcohol workout question? I don't remember it.

Yeah, I'm thinking that fuzziness I had about it was from something else with three of you saying that. An earlier PT maybe? I did quite a few PTs this past week. Or maybe something from RL even, lol.

My bad.

CyanIdes Of March

Postby CyanIdes Of March » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:18 pm

vegso wrote:Yes, and LSAC already officially confirmed that earlier

Sry, missed that memo. Last I heard people were just assuming it was going to be kept in but thanks.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:47 pm

luxlisbon wrote:

I am almost positive I didn't have any questions about alcohol in my LRs.

Jaqen

Postby Jaqen » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:33 pm

CyanIdes Of March wrote:
vegso wrote:Yes, and LSAC already officially confirmed that earlier

Sry, missed that memo. Last I heard people were just assuming it was going to be kept in but thanks.

Yup. http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2012/07/ls ... pages.html

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:03 pm

so since we all had the same experience on test day, lets talk about it. How did you guys feel at break? I felt great. How did zones effect you? I was kind of mad and spent like the first 5 minutes of the last LR just thinking about it before I oulled myself together.

kaseyb002

Postby kaseyb002 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:11 pm

Br3v wrote:so since we all had the same experience on test day, lets talk about it. How did you guys feel at break? I felt great. How did zones effect you? I was kind of mad and spent like the first 5 minutes of the last LR just thinking about it before I oulled myself together.

I started out RC the first 10 questions with some jitters, but felt okay by the end. I felt like I hammered LR - section 2 and RC - section 3. I was all pumped at break, and then yeah the zones...just obliterated me. Luckily I had 10 minutes left for it, but that still wasn't enough. I could not understand it! And I usually have 12+ minutes by the last game so I was feeling a little rushed. I've never had a game like that where understanding the exact rules was so difficult. There were games where making the most efficient diagram was difficult, but never the actual comprehension of the game itself.

Then yeah I felt pretty bummed throughout the entire LR. I had a minute in the section left after checking and stuff and just sat there and let it sink in a little bit more.

After having talked to everyone about it, it does make me feel better, but not that much.

ppl123

Postby ppl123 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:43 pm

i dont understand why ppl think zoning was hard....did you guys lay out the variables? i know it sounds dumb.... but if you lay them out...draw the extremely simple diagram it required.....and follow the rules...

...sorry but this just is not difficult...i dont get it....

kaseyb002 wrote:
Br3v wrote:so since we all had the same experience on test day, lets talk about it. How did you guys feel at break? I felt great. How did zones effect you? I was kind of mad and spent like the first 5 minutes of the last LR just thinking about it before I oulled myself together.

I started out RC the first 10 questions with some jitters, but felt okay by the end. I felt like I hammered LR - section 2 and RC - section 3. I was all pumped at break, and then yeah the zones...just obliterated me. Luckily I had 10 minutes left for it, but that still wasn't enough. I could not understand it! And I usually have 12+ minutes by the last game so I was feeling a little rushed. I've never had a game like that where understanding the exact rules was so difficult. There were games where making the most efficient diagram was difficult, but never the actual comprehension of the game itself.

Then yeah I felt pretty bummed throughout the entire LR. I had a minute in the section left after checking and stuff and just sat there and let it sink in a little bit more.

After having talked to everyone about it, it does make me feel better, but not that much.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:16 pm

kaseyb002 wrote:

Pretty similar experiences. You nailed it on the head with the "understating the concept of the game itself" part.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:26 pm

When I came back from break and opened up the 4th section to see it was another LG I actually blurted out "oh shit". The other LG was so easy I was nervous it was too good to be true, and coming back from break that turned out to be the case... I don't know how I did on the real LG, I got through everything but I never felt like I had zones totally figured out. I think it was part of the nature of the game that there wasn't much to "figure out", and you just had to answer the questions one at a time with hypos... but I dunno, I still didn't feel as confident as I'm used to feeling with LG so it had me a little unnerved.

As soon as the last LR started I made a point to tell me self to man up and get over it, so I don't think it negatively affected the last section for me at all.

Really curious to see my score, I have absolutely no idea what its gonna be.

luxlisbon

Postby luxlisbon » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:29 pm

I accidentally flipped too far on section 3 and saw the second LG. I tried to make no judgment as to which one was real since this was my first LSAT, but I was feeling pretty confident at break. Of course that was all ruined after the second LG

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”