LG-RC-LR-LR-LG Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
cgw

Bronze

Re: LG-RC-LR-LR-LG

Post by cgw » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:36 pm

ht2988 wrote:
Ruxin1 wrote:
ht2988 wrote:so which one was experimental? i totally bombed the first section (with routine v. full inspections) but killed the final one (with zoning)... i'm praying that the first one was experimental.
Inspections was such bullshit so glad experimental
thank goodness... that first LG section was terrifying. the last one was a piece of cake IMO
I had experimental LG, but not this one. No inspections and very easy. Almost wish it was harder because when I got to the real ones I really didn't want them.

simplythebest

New

Post by simplythebest » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:14 pm

Some people keep on scaring me... The last lg section was the real one, right??

mtr123456

New

Post by mtr123456 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:24 pm

to those who DID NOT HAVE LR experimental, do you guys remember questions on - drinking alcohol and exercising more, high cost couch/sofa, dispute about murder mystery movie....doctor dosage with the herbal tea??? thanks guys....hope u can help.. these were in LR sections 2+3 for me....so lets hope you guys remember!!

JARZJR

New

Post by JARZJR » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:34 pm

mtr123456 wrote:to those who DID NOT HAVE LR experimental, do you guys remember questions on - drinking alcohol and exercising more, high cost couch/sofa, dispute about murder mystery movie....doctor dosage with the herbal tea??? thanks guys....hope u can help.. these were in LR sections 2+3 for me....so lets hope you guys remember!!

Thats the real deal...

RCinDNA

Bronze

Post by RCinDNA » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:45 pm

mtr123456 wrote:to those who DID NOT HAVE LR experimental, do you guys remember questions on - drinking alcohol and exercising more, high cost couch/sofa, dispute about murder mystery movie....doctor dosage with the herbal tea??? thanks guys....hope u can help.. these were in LR sections 2+3 for me....so lets hope you guys remember!!
I recall the high cost couch/sofa, dispute re: murder mystery and doctor dosage. I don't remember anything about drinking alcohol or exercising more.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

RCinDNA

Bronze

Post by RCinDNA » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:46 pm

simplythebest wrote:Some people keep on scaring me... The last lg section was the real one, right??

The order is often different. From what I hear, the real LG was one with the aisles and Zones game, as much as I wish it weren't the case.

JARZJR

New

Post by JARZJR » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:05 pm

RCinDNA wrote:
I recall the high cost couch/sofa, dispute re: murder mystery and doctor dosage. I don't remember anything about drinking alcohol or exercising more.
right... there was a high sugar/low metabolism question, but I don't recall an alcohol question...

vegso

New

Post by vegso » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:25 pm

Zones was tricky but it really reminded me of stained glass windows for some reason, and when I applied a similar attack to it, it seemed decent and doable. Every other game was no problem, i even completely missed a rule on one game and had plenty of time to fix it lol. That first LG section though, my god that was the hardest thing I've ever done, so happy that was exp. (interesting to see there was more than one first exp LG section as im not recognizing some of the stuff people are mentioning - seems there was one super easy one and one hardddd one)

RCinDNA

Bronze

Post by RCinDNA » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:29 pm

vegso wrote:Zones was tricky but it really reminded me of stained glass windows for some reason, and when I applied a similar attack to it, it seemed decent and doable. Every other game was no problem, i even completely missed a rule on one game and had plenty of time to fix it lol. That first LG section though, my god that was the hardest thing I've ever done, so happy that was exp. (interesting to see there was more than one first exp LG section as im not recognizing some of the stuff people are mentioning - seems there was one super easy one and one hardddd one)
I hate Logic Games and the experimental one seemed doable for me. I even had time to confirm my answers. So I def. had the easy one.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mtr123456

New

Post by mtr123456 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:41 pm

DO ANY NON-LogicalReasoning EXPERIMENTAL test takers RECALL A QUESTION similar to this:
------energy consuming items such as cars emitting co2 and contributing to global warming?

wingedwolf

New

Post by wingedwolf » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:47 pm

Seriously, was the 1st or 5th LG the experimental one?! Someone give a real (and validated) answer...
I'm freaking out bc I can't tell if people on here are joking ... me --> :shock:

RCinDNA

Bronze

Post by RCinDNA » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:51 pm

wingedwolf wrote:Seriously, was the 1st or 5th LG the experimental one?! Someone give a real (and validated) answer...
I'm freaking out bc I can't tell if people on here are joking ... me --> :shock:
I don't think anyone's joking. The general scuttlebutt floating around is that the games section with Zones is the credited section. People who did not have that game seem to have been in other countries taking another version of the test.

sl5uw13

Bronze

Post by sl5uw13 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:00 pm

wingedwolf wrote:Seriously, was the 1st or 5th LG the experimental one?! Someone give a real (and validated) answer...

the last one was the real one. the first one was a. really very easy and b. in the first three sections and c. other people who only had one LG section had the ones with the zones (the fifth section for us)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

westie25

Bronze

Post by westie25 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:06 pm

RCinDNA wrote:
ohwhereohwhere wrote:
RCinDNA wrote:I'll probably submit my cancellation on Tuesday as there is no way I can even get my PT average with the travesty the final LG was. Any one else have this form and hate the last LG?
Yes. That last LG absolutely demolished me. I feel like shit right now. I probably won't cancel my score, because most of the schools I'm looking at just take the highest one. If I can irk out a mediocre score, I may just roll with it, because I never want to do this again.
At least you got to the last one. I flamed out around the time I realized my setup for a certain game was completely incorrect.

There's something quite humiliating in not doing well on this test for a second time (first one had an exp. LG, too) when I do a lot of the work that the attorneys in my office do
This times 1 million. After working with attorneys, and doing their work, and having them ask me how to do things, I'm not seeing how the LSAT predicts a person's ability to practice law. It's beyond frustrating.

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:05 pm

mtr123456 wrote:DO ANY NON-LogicalReasoning EXPERIMENTAL test takers RECALL A QUESTION similar to this:
------energy consuming items such as cars emitting co2 and contributing to global warming?
Yes I do, that wasn't experimental

vegso

New

Post by vegso » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:35 pm

sl5uw13 wrote:

the last one was the real one. the first one was a. really very easy and b. in the first three sections and c. other people who only had one LG section had the ones with the zones (the fifth section for us)
There was more than one version of the experimental LG and it was the opposite of easy.

Also LSAT+grades do a good job of predicting performance in law school, however im not sure how well that predicts doing well as a lawyer, depends on your definition of 'doing good' in relation to actually practicing law. Probably pretty hard to quantify

tony2167

Bronze

Post by tony2167 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:41 pm

I had one section of LR so the zones game was definitely for real. The language of the scenario for that one totally threw me for a loop. I was able to answer all the questions but have no idea what to expect.

I also had 2 RC sections. Does anyone without the extra RC remember anything about an African American playwright/actor?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bitsy

Bronze

Post by bitsy » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:06 pm

the african american actor was deff for real.

1st LG: is this real life? could it be this easy? lalala *sprinkles flower petals on the answer sheet*
2nd LG: lord a mercy! these lsackers done socked it to me

the zoning wording threw me off, but i got it figured at the end. i went through almost all the problems before i realized what the rules were, though, and didn't have time to check my answers. blargh!

vegso

New

Post by vegso » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:09 pm

Yes i certainly agree that wording was not kind, i had to look at questions and AC's to reverse engineer how to set up the game lol

simplythebest

New

Post by simplythebest » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:58 pm

bitsy wrote:the african american actor was deff for real.

1st LG: is this real life? could it be this easy? lalala *sprinkles flower petals on the answer sheet*

the zoning wording threw me off, but i got it figured at the end. i went through almost all the problems before i realized what the rules were, though, and didn't have time to check my answers. blargh!

I think my reaction was the exact opposite:

1st LG: is this REAL? holy crap. holy crap. *blinded by the amount of space on the pages* This must be experimental.. must be experimental... *wonders when should start to decide to cancel score* *hopes to see another LG section in the back*
2nd LG: *actually starts breathing* this is do-able. *still wondering about the space* thank GOODNESS.

From what I've gathered, experimental is always one of first three sections. I dont know why people try to tell me it's not always the case. I'm pretty sure that there were three different sources that told me this fact, but...

vegso

New

Post by vegso » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:49 am

simplythebest wrote:

1st LG: is this REAL? holy crap. holy crap. *blinded by the amount of space on the pages* This must be experimental.. must be experimental... *wonders when should start to decide to cancel score* *hopes to see another LG section in the back*
2nd LG: *actually starts breathing* this is do-able. *still wondering about the space* thank GOODNESS.

From what I've gathered, experimental is always one of first three sections. I dont know why people try to tell me it's not always the case. I'm pretty sure that there were three different sources that told me this fact, but...

99% of the time it is, but oct 2011 disagrees

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:24 am

There were no experimentals this year. Every section counted.

Ex Cearulo

Bronze

Post by Ex Cearulo » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:30 am

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:There were no experimentals this year. Every section counted.
You. I like you.

msquaredb

Bronze

Post by msquaredb » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:33 am

I think the worst thing about this form for me was that I just wanted to give up and die when I saw that final LG section. LG has always been the important section for me and after crushing the first one I think I was in denial about the last one. It took me awhile to compose myself.

finnandjake2

Bronze

Post by finnandjake2 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:38 am

simplythebest wrote:

The first three sections used to always include the experimental but LSAC changed that last October. The most recent PT's also had the extra space on the LG's and I personally am glad for it because my handwriting sucks and I appreciate the extra space to work on games.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”