RC - LR - RC - LG - LR

kkdk

Re: RC - LR - RC - LG - LR

Postby kkdk » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:46 pm

collegebum1989 wrote:Glad to see other TLSers struggling with this one. Definitely felt it was harder overall than the other PTs in 60's.

What are the chances the scaled scores change for this test compared to last ones? For example, -13 for #64, -14 for #65, and -10 for #66...hopefully it's more like #64 an #65 lol.

Sept/Oct administrations are usually -11 to -13 for the last few, with a couple -10 exceptions. Although there have been two -16 curves. Way back when.

jmsae

Postby jmsae » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:55 pm

RC - LR - RC - LG - LR

Personally, I thought the first RC was the experimental because of the way that the author introduced him/herself. I thought this section was particularly easy. Pretty much breezed through it. I am trying to remember the topics of the first RC but I'm drawing a blank.

And with games, good fucking lord... The third one didn't trip me up, I did that one first but it took me a solid 10-12 minutes. I did that one first because it had the most questions. Then I tried doing the zones game second because it had a large amount of questions also but as soon as I started writing the rules down I figured fuck it and cranked out the first two games to lock in points. Had maybe 5-6 minutes for the zones game and guessed on the majority of them. YOLO
Last edited by jmsae on Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dabossman

Postby dabossman » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:06 pm

i distinctly remember the african american elitist passage being followed by the AI passage, and that both were in the second RC section... is my mind playing tricks on me, because the consensus seems to be that they were in separate sections...

bbsg

Postby bbsg » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:09 pm

Taus11 wrote:
kkdk wrote:
southeastlaw wrote:Can we confirm what the real
Rc passages were?

Pretty sure it was monarchy/loans, invasive plants, women's studies/bunch of exclamation marks, and African actor/biography.

My other section had Crisis, AI/layers, env regulation, and history/general laws. Others without an RCx have confirmed the former set as their RC, so I'm fairly confident.

Yep this is correct.

My exp had a sweet passage about dark energy and Einstein relativity theory. But I really enjoyed the monarchs passage too.

The Einstein passage was awesome. Too bad it was exp.

square_peg

Postby square_peg » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:10 pm

dabossman wrote:i distinctly remember the african american elitist passage being followed by the AI passage, and that both were in the second RC section... is my mind playing tricks on me, because the consensus seems to be that they were in separate sections...

No, this is correct. My second RC also had The Crisis followed by AI.

Ex Cearulo

Postby Ex Cearulo » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:14 pm

Pocahontas wrote:Only divine intervention can save me now. Better get used to the idea of attending a state school on scholly, cause my NU ED just went out of the window.

You and me both. Seriously bummed right now.

Adam Banks

Postby Adam Banks » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:17 pm

I'm really hoping for a generous curve

cynthia rose

Postby cynthia rose » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:18 pm

German and Spanish/Hopi comparative - I had it in my first RC (in fact it's the only thing I really recall in detail from that RC b/c I found the Hopi part really interesting for some reason), but that must have been the experimental. So anyone still stressing about that shouldn't. The Af-Am actor, monarchies hustling for money, and plant invasion comparative were my second RC. I'm surprised this is apparently the real one b/c I felt so great about that one (though I also felt pretty good about the exp., the second RC just seemed much easier comparatively). But, since I always end up going -6 in RC no matter how great or awful I feel about it, I can't be bothered to get hopeful.

I had !Kung but don't remember which section it was in. I recall nothing about a crisis or AI.

LR felt so easy that I'm starting to convince myself I must have gone -5 in both sections, b/c I don't even think there were more than four questions total that I was uncertain about. Time to spare in both and when I went back to check the few where I was uncertain it actually made the correct answers seem even more apparent to me on second glance. That felt amazing.

But then there was LG. I just...am disgusted with myself. Ironically it was the first game about students/majors that screwed me; for some reason I just could not grasp two of the constraints well enough to really diagram then. And then I realized after three or four minutes that I'd forgotten to reset my watch after the break so I had effectively screwed myself over before I even started regarding timing. As soon as I realized that I skipped to the next three, but the proctor called time just as I was finishing up zoning so I really didn't get a chance to even narrow down the possibilities to two answers. I want to throw things right now.

Zoning in itself was mainly bad b/c it was so awkwardly worded. One shouldn't have to break a LG down like it's an LR stimulus before you can make the actual game diagram. So that made it time-consuming. But the game itself was not difficult. I figure I went -6 or -7 in games overall, with five of the missed questions all being that first game that I didn't even really get to finish diagramming.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:18 pm

jmsae wrote:RC - LR - RC - LG - LR

Personally, I thought the first RC was the experimental because of the way that the author introduced him/herself. I thought this section was particularly easy. Pretty much breezed through it. I am trying to remember the topics of the first RC but I'm drawing a blank. I was pretty much convinced the first one had to be experimental because of the something far too descriptive so I went balls to the wall on the second RC. It would be quite amusing if the second RC was was experimental for this reason heh. If my memory serves me correct the second RC, which everyone seems to be in agreement was the experimental, ended again, too much - about languages/concepts? Whereas the first RC had a detail as the second or third passage (I want to say third).

And with games, good fucking lord... The third one didn't trip me up, I did that one first but it took me a solid 10-12 minutes. I did that one first because it had the most questions. Then I tried doing the zones game second because it had a large amount of questions also but as soon as I started writing the rules down I figured fuck it and cranked out the first two games to lock in points. Had maybe 5-6 minutes for the zones game and guessed on the majority of them. YOLO

Guys, steer clear of describing anything unique or descriptive about the actual types of questions.

Ex Cearulo

Postby Ex Cearulo » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:20 pm

Last edited by Ex Cearulo on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jbsar87

Postby jbsar87 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:21 pm

I had RC-LR-RC-LG-LR:

My first RC had the African-American actor/biography, invasive plants comparative, !kung nonsense, and absolute power paradox/monarchy. First two I thought were easy. The monarchy passage had a couple tough questions that I agonized over for too long. Same goes for the stupid kung.

The second RC (which I guess is confirmed to be exp) had a passage about verifying the original date of a Native American confederation being ratified. I can't remember this section as well, but it did NOT have anything about Einstein, a crisis, or dark matter...

dabossman

Postby dabossman » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:23 pm

square_peg wrote:
dabossman wrote:i distinctly remember the african american elitist passage being followed by the AI passage, and that both were in the second RC section... is my mind playing tricks on me, because the consensus seems to be that they were in separate sections...

No, this is correct. My second RC also had The Crisis followed by AI.

now i see my blunder, i confused the african american (actor thing) with the crisis... just read african american and assumed for whatever reason people were referring to the african american elitists (and also forgot that their periodical was called the crisis).

i thought for sure that the second RC was experiment, felt it was definitely harder and that the first was really easy. now i feel great, and for whatever reason i thought the LG was ridiculously easy. even zoning didnt seem too hard, although it was mainly because i breezed through the first three so quickly that i had a lot of time for zoning. the second LR had some tricky questions (mayoral suspects stood out in my mind), but overall neither seemed too difficult. i honestly thought that the general consensus would be that the test was easy this go around... maybe those who dont feel as confident about their results are more outspoken on message boards about it? i have no idea.

mqt

Postby mqt » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:24 pm

Is the Einstein one supposed to be the same as the parity one?

Taus11

Postby Taus11 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:26 pm

Mqt wrote:Is the Einstein one supposed to be the same as the parity one?

The Einstein one was about two theories explaining the accelerated expansion of the universe

airplay355

Postby airplay355 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:27 pm

So confused :(

glucose101

Postby glucose101 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:28 pm

Ya, I thght the consensus was gonna be that it was fairly easy. Guess I thght wrong.

josemnz83

Postby josemnz83 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:42 pm

The real RC had the african guy talking from 1st person point of view about african dude.

The experimental RC had a passage with reference to Spike Lee and a second passage with German/Spanish language

boblawlob

Postby boblawlob » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:48 pm

1 RC had african actor and biography

1 RC had a talk on Langston Hughes and W. E. B. Du Bois

which one is it!!>?!??!

jjrialva

Postby jjrialva » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:48 pm

I had RC RC don't remember anything about spanish german etc...

!kong, african, Absolute government power, Bees and gardens, Learning/tongue of the mother (is that spanish/german)

I don't remember anything else... I don't remember hughe du bois...

airplay355

Postby airplay355 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:50 pm

boblawlob wrote:1 RC had african actor and biography

which one is it!!>?!??!

First one sadly...

boblawlob

Postby boblawlob » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:51 pm

airplay355 wrote:

which one is it!!>?!??!

First one sadly...

That was the easy one!

square_peg

Postby square_peg » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:55 pm

EDIT: Eh, probably reveals too much in retrospect.
Last edited by square_peg on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jjrialva

Postby jjrialva » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:56 pm

boblawlob wrote:
airplay355 wrote:

which one is it!!>?!??!

First one sadly...

That was the easy one!

Can you add another hint about Langston Hughes passage and Al to see if i can recognize it... If that was the real one (the first section) then I took a slightly different test. I took it outside continental US that might have something to do with it..

airplay355

Postby airplay355 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:59 pm

jjrialva wrote:
boblawlob wrote:
airplay355 wrote:

which one is it!!>?!??!

First one sadly...

That was the easy one!

Can you add another hint about Langston Hughes passage and Al to see if i can recognize it... If that was the real one (the first section) then I took a slightly different test. I took it outside continental US that might have something to do with it..

The langston hughes passage = crisis passage

AI passage = artificial intelligence/layers of the mind

drwatson1989

Postby drwatson1989 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:03 pm

the subzones, majors-speech topic games were REAL
the afro american theatre reading comp was REAL

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”