RC - LR - RC - LG - LR Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
CardozoLaw09

Gold

Re: RC - LR - RC - LG - LR

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:35 pm

ssddm1 wrote:For those who had the Einstein Exp... What is the passage I cannot remember?? It had Nisa the Af. American cartoonist, -------, Dark matter, property ownership... What was the other one????????? Its killing me I dunno why!!! Even tho the 1st section was way easier for me.
Was Nisa the Kung one?

boblawlob

Silver

Post by boblawlob » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:46 pm

CardozoLaw09 wrote:
ssddm1 wrote:For those who had the Einstein Exp... What is the passage I cannot remember?? It had Nisa the Af. American cartoonist, -------, Dark matter, property ownership... What was the other one????????? Its killing me I dunno why!!! Even tho the 1st section was way easier for me.
Was Nisa the Kung one?
http://www.amazon.com/Nisa-Life-Words-K ... 0674004329

ssddm1

New

Post by ssddm1 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:55 pm

CardozoLaw09 wrote:
Was Nisa the Kung one?
OOoo ok oops my bad... Nisa was the Kung! one... There was another about a black woman who made cartoons...I must have mixed the names. In fact I'm not even sure it was a cartoonist maybe a novelist about a woman moving from the south to north. Anyhow All this confusion is driving me nuts If anyone has the info on the Einstein exp passages please post. Sorry for the confusion.

dba415

New

Post by dba415 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:21 pm

boblawlob wrote:
CardozoLaw09 wrote:
Was Nisa the Kung one?
I want to buy that book

and burn it.

mtr123456

New

Post by mtr123456 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:35 pm

tell me about it...please dont buy it though.....they dont deserve the attention or extra money lol

dba415 wrote:
boblawlob wrote:
CardozoLaw09 wrote:
Was Nisa the Kung one?
I want to buy that book

and burn it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

CR2012

Bronze

Post by CR2012 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:52 am

Can someone, in the most general and ambiguous terms available to your vernacular, explain what about the Nisa RC passage made it so difficult? For instance, did it employ excessively hard vocabulary, was the material presented in a particularly abstract way, were the question stems worded difficultly?

Please do not respond with any information that could feasibly be construed to violate the contract you made with LSAC, I don't want that on my conscience. :P

I am just curious to see what my comrades in the states had to go through. My test didn't include this passage.
Last edited by CR2012 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cahwc12

Silver

Post by cahwc12 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:40 am

CR2012 wrote:Can someone, in the most general and ambiguous terms available to your vernacular, explain what about the Nisa RC passage made it so difficult? For instance, did it employ excessively hard vocabulary, was the material presented in a particularly abstract way, were the question stems worded difficultly?

Please do not respond with any information that could feasibly be construed to violate the contract you made with LSAC, I don't want that on my conscious. :P

I am just curious to see what my comrades in the states had to go through. My test didn't include this passage.
I don't think I can be specific enough to be helpful except to say that for me, the actual organization of the passage (to put it generally) was the most difficult part, and honestly I think this was just more a failure of my own comprehension than any necessary difficulty with the passage. The questions were slightly above average in difficulty but definitely not unreasonably so. I thought the "!" was some kind of error at first, but quickly got over it and it didn't bother me.

anyone else have hyper-realism, mobilizers and nonsymmetrical spin? I was super excited when I saw the last two because I took classes on both and thought I did well, although I think I bombed hyper-realism. I was relieved to find out it was experimental.

airplay355

New

Post by airplay355 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:52 am

The !Kung passage was fucking boring. Reading shit like that is on par with getting your teeth drilled. I struggle just to actually take in what I'm reading so I don't have to go back and re-read. It's hard to prevent my mind from wandering to previous questions, or to how much time I've spent reading.

I liked the omnipotence passage and invasive plants passage.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”