LR-RC-LR-LR-LG

Poo-T

Re: LR-RC-LR-LR-LG

Postby Poo-T » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:30 pm

LR RC LR LR LG here:

I REALLY hope the first LR was NOT experimental. I pissed all over that one. Not sure about the others though. Are experimentals known to be easier or harder than the other sections?

Jchan

Postby Jchan » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:00 pm

The first 3 games were so easy, the 4th was impossible!
I'm also hoping that the experimental wasn't the first logic reasoning!

anela00

Postby anela00 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:10 pm

Poo-T wrote:LR RC LR LR LG here:

I REALLY hope the first LR was NOT experimental. I pissed all over that one. Not sure about the others though. Are experimentals known to be easier or harder than the other sections?

I'm pretty sure it was, sorry. :( People in the waiting thread are saying the experimental LR was the one with 26 questions (which for me was the first one).

johnnyjazz

Postby johnnyjazz » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:17 pm

I also had LR-RC-LR-LR-LG but is it possible that different people had the LR experimental section in different spots, i.e. mine was the first LR but Jo Blo next to me had it as his second LR.

Also, I don't recall having any LR sections with 26 questions, weird.

skri65

Postby skri65 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:19 pm

johnnyjazz wrote:I also had LR-RC-LR-LR-LG but is it possible that different people had the LR experimental section in different spots, i.e. mine was the first LR but Jo Blo next to me had it as his second LR.

Me either...can anyone confirm?

Athlone McGinnis

Postby Athlone McGinnis » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:28 pm

johnnyjazz wrote:I also had LR-RC-LR-LR-LG but is it possible that different people had the LR experimental section in different spots, i.e. mine was the first LR but Jo Blo next to me had it as his second LR.

I feel like I remember a 26 question LR. 80% sure it was there, but I thought it was my third one (which felt weird to me). Cannot be anything close to sure though.

It does seem possible that they'd shuffle them around a bit, if anything to make it a touch harder for the students to guesstimate what was what/where. It probably isn't difficult to do and may explain the need for us to put some of those extra codes on the answer sheets prior to the test (one of those numbers might code for different booklets).

I dunno, though.

patienunderstanding

Postby patienunderstanding » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:33 pm

I was so full of hope until that "zones" game...

flippacious

Postby flippacious » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:36 pm

I felt my third section was "weird" too. It definitely felt different from the first and third.

nrobin13

Postby nrobin13 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:44 pm

I am positive that my three LR sections were 26, 25, and 25 questions respectively. I am really hoping that the 3rd LR was experimental and I know that I performed worse on this LR section than the other two. It felt "funny" the whole time and I am hoping that it did not feel this way due to test fatigue. Can anyone confirm that the 3rd LR section was experimental?

Athlone McGinnis

Postby Athlone McGinnis » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:49 pm

nrobin13 wrote:I am positive that my three LR sections were 26, 25, and 25 questions respectively. I am really hoping that the 3rd LR was experimental and I know that I performed worse on this LR section than the other two. It felt "funny" the whole time and I am hoping that it did not feel this way due to test fatigue. Can anyone confirm that the 3rd LR section was experimental?

I had a little theory before that is relevant to this:

Athlone McGinnis wrote:

I feel like I remember a 26 question LR. 80% sure it was there, but I thought it was my third one (which felt weird to me). Cannot be anything close to sure though.

It does seem possible that they'd shuffle them around a bit, if anything to make it a touch harder for the students to guesstimate what was what/where. It probably isn't difficult to do and may explain the need for us to put some of those extra codes on the answer sheets prior to the test (one of those numbers might code for different booklets).

And, checking the other LSAT thread (where they had 2 RC sections instead of 3 LR), it looks like some folks are seeing evidence of this:

VUSisterRayVU wrote:
goden wrote:I had this format and my !Kong section was the 3rd, not the 1st. But I'm hearing both that 3rd is experimental and that !Kong is real.

Does this mean that people with the same experimental section can get them in different orders?

Yes.

What this means is that some of us with the three-LR LSAT today may have gotten our experimental first, others third, maybe even some second. We can't say definitively for everyone which one was where...and that's the way LSAC likes it.

Kitkatt

Postby Kitkatt » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:52 pm

Oh god I hope the first one was the experimental....I was definitely off my game on that one.

CardozoLaw09

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:53 pm

What were your RC topics abt? Trying to figure out definitely which one was the real and experimental since people had different orders

DtPepsiMachine

Postby DtPepsiMachine » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:55 pm

skri65 wrote:Any idea which LR was experimental?
Delete if inappropriate.

I had exp. logic games section, I can say the LR sections were marginally easy. Which makes me pretty sure the real LG section was the brutal one with the zoning question

skri65

Postby skri65 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:57 pm

Athlone McGinnis wrote:
nrobin13 wrote:I am positive that my three LR sections were 26, 25, and 25 questions respectively. I am really hoping that the 3rd LR was experimental and I know that I performed worse on this LR section than the other two. It felt "funny" the whole time and I am hoping that it did not feel this way due to test fatigue. Can anyone confirm that the 3rd LR section was experimental?

I had a little theory before that is relevant to this:

Athlone McGinnis wrote:

And, checking the other LSAT thread (where they had 2 RC sections instead of 3 LR), it looks like some folks are seeing evidence of this:

VUSisterRayVU wrote:
goden wrote:I had this format and my !Kong section was the 3rd, not the 1st. But I'm hearing both that 3rd is experimental and that !Kong is real.

Does this mean that people with the same experimental section can get them in different orders?

Yes.

What this means is that some of us with the three-LR LSAT today may have gotten our experimental first, others third, maybe even some second. We can't say definitively for everyone which one was where...and that's the way LSAC likes it.

This can certainly be resolved by getting into form codes and form numbers. But I won't get into that..

flippacious

Postby flippacious » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:59 pm

CardozoLaw09 wrote:What were your RC topics abt? Trying to figure out definitely which one was the real and experimental since people had different orders

The real RC was with the passages on !Kung people, invasive species, tax revenues/paradox of sovereignty or whatever they called it, and umm... the one on the African American theater guy

ashen

Postby ashen » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:01 pm

What did everyone think of the RC section?

CardozoLaw09

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:02 pm

flippacious wrote:
CardozoLaw09 wrote:What were your RC topics abt? Trying to figure out definitely which one was the real and experimental since people had different orders

The real RC was with the passages on !Kung people, invasive species, tax revenues/paradox of sovereignty or whatever they called it, and umm... the one on the African American theater guy

fml

grahamkellis

Postby grahamkellis » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:03 pm

skri65 wrote:

Me either...can anyone confirm?

None of my LR sections had 26 questions either.

sabanist

Postby sabanist » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:17 pm

ashen wrote:What did everyone think of the RC section?

It was so rough. RC is usually my best, but this one absolutely destroyed me. I kept hoping it was experimental, but I almost cried when I saw my 3rd LR in section 4.
I haven't had to guess on RC in so long, so it was really disheartening to have to do it on a couple in there. Ughhh.

ashen

Postby ashen » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:20 pm

sabanist wrote:
ashen wrote:What did everyone think of the RC section?

It was so rough. RC is usually my best, but this one absolutely destroyed me. I kept hoping it was experimental, but I almost cried when I saw my 3rd LR in section 4.
I haven't had to guess on RC in so long, so it was really disheartening to have to do it on a couple in there. Ughhh.

I had the same reaction to my third LR. :?

venzhlev

Postby venzhlev » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:44 pm

I had two RC and one LG, so I can confirm that the Games section with the ZONING GAME IS the REAL LG Section.

The LG had not necessarily in this order 1) Lectures on Majors
2) Art
3) Zoning
4) dont remember last one

beautyistruth

Postby beautyistruth » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:46 pm

... The first was experimental?

:( !

I loved the first one. Also more points usually = more generous curve, which might mitigate my craptastic LG performance. Excuse me while I go cry.

droppingby

Postby droppingby » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:48 pm

Had three 25 LR sections.
Verified that section with dosage/drink problem is real.
Still unsure which one was the dummy.
Exclamation points had never looked so evil.

boblawlob

Postby boblawlob » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:00 pm

abdistotle wrote:Did anyone blank on the first game ? I legit blanked and I knew the 2nd game was way harder but I killed it and stayed on course until I only had 4 min left for game one. There were a few gimmes but my diagram was useless and I was processing all of the rules in my head. I realizedhhow simple of a diagram it needed to be in order for me to finish in the clutch as the proctor said pencils down

I definitely blanked out on the first game for about 5 minutes, because all the variables are all over the place.
2nd and 3rd were fairly straight-forward.
4th was ok if you got to it on time.

racmyers23

Postby racmyers23 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:17 pm

droppingby wrote:Had three 25 LR sections.
Verified that section with dosage/drink problem is real.
Still unsure which one was the dummy.
Exclamation points had never looked so evil.

Do you remember if that problem was in your first or third section?

It seems from the other boards that each experimental section (LG, LR, RC) was split 50/50 between the first and third section.

I'm assuming us with 25/25/25 LR had our experimental section third since the people with 26 questions in one section, had 26/25/25.

I'm super bummed about this...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”