LR-RC-LR-LR-LG

amf728

Re: LR-RC-LR-LR-LG

Postby amf728 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:20 pm

Did anyone find the zoning LG instructions really confusing?? I usually ace LG with only -1 but for some reason that game didn't click for me and I ended up running out of time and rapid bubbling 5 questions when time was called. I don't even remember how many questions were in that game - does anyone know? So pissed because the LG usually balances out my terrible RC. Thank god it was the last section or else I would've been mental for the rest of the test.

ppl123

Postby ppl123 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:22 pm

there were 6 questions that game i believe....not forsure though

amf728 wrote:Did anyone find the zoning LG instructions really confusing?? I usually ace LG with only -1 but for some reason that game didn't click for me and I ended up running out of time and rapid bubbling 5 questions when time was called. I don't even remember how many questions were in that game - does anyone know? So pissed because the LG usually balances out my terrible RC. Thank god it was the last section or else I would've been mental for the rest of the test.

amf728

Postby amf728 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:25 pm

ppl123 wrote:there were 6 questions that game i believe....not forsure though

amf728 wrote:Did anyone find the zoning LG instructions really confusing?? I usually ace LG with only -1 but for some reason that game didn't click for me and I ended up running out of time and rapid bubbling 5 questions when time was called. I don't even remember how many questions were in that game - does anyone know? So pissed because the LG usually balances out my terrible RC. Thank god it was the last section or else I would've been mental for the rest of the test.

I think you're right. I managed to answer the first one and I recall random bubbling at least 4.

princessofpower

Postby princessofpower » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:35 pm

amf728 wrote: Thank god it was the last section or else I would've been mental for the rest of the test.

Agreed!

cgw

Postby cgw » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:25 pm

Oprah Winfrey wrote:Does anyone know if the "first teacher" program question in LR was experimental or not? for some reason that question made me its bitch even after I went back to it :cry:

With the moms? This was real.

1republic

Postby 1republic » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:33 pm

cgw wrote:
Oprah Winfrey wrote:Does anyone know if the "first teacher" program question in LR was experimental or not? for some reason that question made me its bitch even after I went back to it :cry:

Was this in the same section as Mayor's office staff?

ppl123

Postby ppl123 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:37 pm

yes, it was...LR2

1republic wrote:
cgw wrote:

Was this in the same section as Mayor's office staff?

VUSisterRayVU

Postby VUSisterRayVU » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:08 pm

born4law wrote:Did anyone have an LR section with a question about computer chips (speed, size, sophistication)? Was this the experimental?

It was real.

sabanist

Postby sabanist » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:54 pm

VUSisterRayVU wrote:
born4law wrote:Did anyone have an LR section with a question about computer chips (speed, size, sophistication)? Was this the experimental?

It was real.

I remember this from June, but not this time...
:shock:

VUSisterRayVU

Postby VUSisterRayVU » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:02 pm

sabanist wrote:
VUSisterRayVU wrote:

It was real.

I remember this from June, but not this time...
:shock:

Fair, I might be confused. Let me check MLSAT Forums. Didn't see it there, but it may not have been posted. The one I'm thinking about had to do with size of the chip and the speed of the chip and putting them in computers.

sabanist

Postby sabanist » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:13 pm

Wormfather wrote:
VUSisterRayVU wrote:Fair, I might be confused. Let me check MLSAT Forums.

I think it might be from PT66 actually

Really relieved that I'm not the only one. I remembered people complaining about that one from last time.

mtr123456

Postby mtr123456 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:14 pm

i have absolutely no recollection of this either

sabanist wrote:
Wormfather wrote:
VUSisterRayVU wrote:Fair, I might be confused. Let me check MLSAT Forums.

I think it might be from PT66 actually

Really relieved that I'm not the only one. I remembered people complaining about that one from last time.

jone7007

Postby jone7007 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:17 pm

I had LR-RC-LR-LR-RC I do not remember the color changing fish and the Greeks/Persians but I did have a question about paintings in two centuries (1500s/1600s I think) in the first section that I had to guess on.

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:14 am

LR RC LR LR LG here. I breezed through the first two LR sections and thought they were easy, the third LR I took seemed harder and I thought it was kind of weird. I had 25 questions in each section. For those people with this set up, what is the budding consensus as to which was experimental?

I keep reading "OMG thank God the first section was experimental" and "OMG LR 3 SuCKEd BAllZ!!!" and I'm just trying to figure out what to make of all this. Seems to me there were people who had a 26 question LR experimental and those who had a 25 question LR experimental. One sentence posts that say section X was experimental are of no use to the rest of us if you don't say whether you were in the 25 or 26 question experimental group.

If you had a 26 question experimental which one was it? The first you took or the third?

If you had a 25 question experimental which one was it? The first you took or the third?

mtr123456

Postby mtr123456 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:22 am

i had 25-25-25, but regardless, the consensus is that BOTH the first sections were exp...however no one is 100%

BigZuck wrote:LR RC LR LR LG here. I breezed through the first two LR sections and thought they were easy, the third LR I took seemed harder and I thought it was kind of weird. I had 25 questions in each section. For those people with this set up, what is the budding consensus as to which was experimental?

I keep reading "OMG thank God the first section was experimental" and "OMG LR 3 SuCKEd BAllZ!!!" and I'm just trying to figure out what to make of all this. Seems to me there were people who had a 26 question LR experimental and those who had a 25 question LR experimental. One sentence posts that say section X was experimental are of no use to the rest of us if you don't say whether you were in the 25 or 26 question experimental group.

If you had a 26 question experimental which one was it? The first you took or the third?

If you had a 25 question experimental which one was it? The first you took or the third?

Postby 05062014 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:00 am

Fuck yo I need my score asap

Kitkatt

Postby Kitkatt » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:14 am

I just remembered that in my first LR had a question about driving close to home and accidents and a question that had something to do with someone using old poetry from England in their writings?. Do any non experimental LR people remember these questions?

cgw

Postby cgw » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:32 pm

Kitkatt wrote:I just remembered that in my first LR had a question about driving close to home and accidents and a question that had something to do with someone using old poetry from England in their writings?. Do any non experimental LR people remember these questions?

I had LG experimental and I don't think I remember those. They're a little vague though so I can't say for sure. Car accidents and speed limits almost rings a bell, but its such an often used topic I can't say for sure.

Kitkatt

Postby Kitkatt » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:58 pm

The question was talking about the likelihood of accidents increasing when being closer to your home...it didn't reference speed limits as far as I can remember

1republic

Postby 1republic » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:37 pm

Kitkatt wrote:The question was talking about the likelihood of accidents increasing when being closer to your home...it didn't reference speed limits as far as I can remember

I had LR experimental and I definitely did not have that.

joshdm13

Postby joshdm13 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:27 pm

Kitkatt wrote:The question was talking about the likelihood of accidents increasing when being closer to your home...it didn't reference speed limits as far as I can remember

I had the LR experimental and had this question.

mcs268

Postby mcs268 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:46 pm

The damn couponing question! I was stuck between two answers, and I have a feeling everyone else was stuck with the same two haha.

dabossman

Postby dabossman » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:56 am

i had it between three (coupon question), one of them i ruled out pretty quickly after closely reading it, but the other two i laboured over. one helpful strategy is to choose the answer choice that requires the smallest leap. but i also figured out why one of them could be ruled out, although it required some serious thinking. i really wish i could get into the nitty-gritty of exactly why one of the answer choices was correct, but if i did you guys would honestly see how that difficult that question truly was. it requires a lot of lateral thinking with regards to drawing out the relevant inferences and then ruling out the attractive possibility by reductio through consideration of a hypothetical.

and honestly, name one LR with THIS many questions that everyone remembers. usually people remember two or three but there's like 6-7 that really stand out as being tricky. but maybe this is just confirmation bias on my part but i honestly think the second LR was a lot more difficult than people are giving it credit for.

mcs268

Postby mcs268 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:05 pm

I definitely thought the 2nd LR was more difficult (the 1st was easy as hell. may have went -0). It took me up until the end of the section, which unfortunately made me forget to reset my watch, resulting in a nervewracking games portion. I thought the questions outside 16-20, which are normally easier, were tricky.

And one question in particular required a definition I was not sure of..and it probably cost me the question. Has to do with bloodflow, if you remember.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”