Preptest 45 Sec. 1 Q12 Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
b33eazy

Bronze

Preptest 45 Sec. 1 Q12

Post by b33eazy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:43 pm

I have no idea why C is the correct answer and I don't understand why the answers are wrong. Why does it matter if it takes a few hours for doixin to go downstream, how does that weaken the argument?

SumStalwart

Bronze

Re: Preptest 45 Sec. 1 Q12

Post by SumStalwart » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:57 am

I just did this problem and I got it incorrect.. After a lot of thought, I think I can explain what it means, though I still don't like it...

What they are getting at is that the dioxin takes so long to get downstream that it isn't possible for the water to clear itself of the dioxin before the paper mills start back up. My issue with this is that the qualifying factor "far" doesn't say enough... how far is far?

The next best one was "D," however it doesn't link directly to dioxin. There are other things that affect hormones in fish. If this had said, "some of the fish who were exposed to dioxin did not have their hormone levels return to normal," then it would trump "C." Unfortunately, none of the other answers are as good of a choice as C.

It's a tricky question, and probably should be saved until the end, when you have more time to consider the options.

b33eazy

Bronze

Re: Preptest 45 Sec. 1 Q12

Post by b33eazy » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:06 pm

Thanks this was very confusing for me... I just did not understand this question.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”