Filling in blanks after time is up?

NewYorkL

Filling in blanks after time is up?

Postby NewYorkL » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:15 pm

Possible?

Suppose I finish a question exactly when they say time is up and put your pencils down. Will I have at any part of the test be able to fill in questions I skipped?

boblawlob

Re: Filling in blanks after time is up?

Postby boblawlob » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:16 pm

NewYorkL wrote:Possible?

Suppose I finish a question exactly when they say time is up and put your pencils down. Will I have at any part of the test be able to fill in questions I skipped?

No. But you "can" do that while you start the next section of the test...but do it quickly!

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:17 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mvpforme

Postby mvpforme » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:19 pm

boblawlob wrote:
NewYorkL wrote:Possible?

No. But you "can" do that while you start the next section of the test...but do it quickly!

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cheat

But go ahead.

Icculus

Postby Icculus » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:20 pm

Reward: maybe 1 point, but more likely 0 points.
Risk: thrown out of test, disciplinary record on your apps.

Do Not Do This. Not Worth It.

msmith19

Postby msmith19 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:26 pm

I don't see why you couldn't remember what you were gonna do and then do it while you're writing the next section? Some kind of logistics that limits this possibility?

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:28 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mvpforme

Postby mvpforme » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:29 pm

msmith19 wrote:I don't see why you couldn't remember what you were gonna do and then do it while you're writing the next section? Some kind of logistics that limits this possibility?

I do not know if you're aware that it is against the rules. OP presumably wants to become some big shot lawyer, perhaps s/he should start practicing being ethical now.

msmith19

Postby msmith19 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:32 pm

mvpforme wrote:
msmith19 wrote:I don't see why you couldn't remember what you were gonna do and then do it while you're writing the next section? Some kind of logistics that limits this possibility?

I do not know if you're aware that it is against the rules. OP presumably wants to become some big shot lawyer, perhaps s/he should start practicing being ethical now.

How do you equate breaking rules with being unethical? I'm not going to risk it personally. But it would be near impossible in a large room to see whether a person fills in a tiny box 1/2 an inch from where they should be filling it in.

By the way, I would love to see you leave 2-3 ACs empty and see your score go out the window than taking the minuscule risk of getting caught (be it filling it in next section or 1 second after the proctor says time up).

Note: I am in no way condoning or declaring that I will partake in this type of behaviour.
Last edited by msmith19 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

North

Postby North » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:35 pm

msmith19 wrote:How do you equate breaking rules with being unethical? I'm not going to risk it personally. But it would be near impossible in a large room to see whether a person fills in a tiny box 1/2 an inch from where they should be filling it in.

Poo-T

Postby Poo-T » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:37 pm

msmith19 wrote:
mvpforme wrote:

How do you equate breaking rules with being unethical? I'm not going to risk it personally. But it would be near impossible in a large room to see whether a person fills in a tiny box 1/2 an inch from where they should be filling it in.

don't you know? they have like 50 of those dome cameras in every testing center. They have eyes on every. single. person. EVERYONE

msmith19

Postby msmith19 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:38 pm

North wrote:
msmith19 wrote:How do you equate breaking rules with being unethical? I'm not going to risk it personally. But it would be near impossible in a large room to see whether a person fills in a tiny box 1/2 an inch from where they should be filling it in.

Concerning to think that to-be lawyers can't discern ethics from the law or even more, from non-legal 'rules.'

Fianna13

Postby Fianna13 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:38 pm

msmith19 wrote:
mvpforme wrote:

By the way, I would love to see you leave 2-3 ACs empty and see your score go out the window than taking the minuscule risk of getting caught (be it filling it in next section or 1 second after the proctor says time up).

Note: I am in no way condoning or declaring that I will partake in this type of behaviour.

Is your question rhetorical? If so, I really hope you don't become a lawyer since you obviously have no regard for common ethics, or it could be that you have no understanding of it. Either way, don't become a lawyer.

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:41 pm

Breaking rules =/= not being ethical

All of these LR questions should have cemented this idea in your heads by now.

That isn't to say breaking rules = ethical

obviously.

North

Postby North » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:43 pm

msmith19 wrote:Concerning to think that to-be lawyers can't discern ethics from the law or even more, from non-legal 'rules.'

You are on your way to becoming a fantastically sleazy lawyer, holmes.

msmith19

Postby msmith19 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:45 pm

North wrote:
msmith19 wrote:Concerning to think that to-be lawyers can't discern ethics from the law or even more, from non-legal 'rules.'

You are on your way to becoming a fantastically sleazy lawyer, holmes.

Clearly you haven't read the admission ticket. It says nothing about not bubbling after the time is up or about breaking the rules of the LSAT. In a similar vein, you're on your way to becoming a fantastically terrible lawyer.

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:46 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:48 pm

This argument won't be settled unless we get into the social contract one signs living within a society.

would be fun to participate in if the LSAT wasn't tomorrow.

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:50 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

North

Postby North » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:51 pm

msmith19 wrote:Clearly you haven't read the admission ticket. It says nothing about not bubbling after the time is up or about breaking the rules of the LSAT. In a similar vein, you're on your way to becoming a fantastically terrible lawyer.

Last edited by North on Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:51 pm

Seriously?
Wow.

mvpforme

Postby mvpforme » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:04 pm

nygrrrl wrote:

Seriously?
Wow.

TheZoid

Postby TheZoid » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:18 pm

ITT: poasters display a laughable absence of a moral compass. No, you can't bubble answers after time is called.

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:28 pm

I hope whoever thinks it's ok tries it and gets busted

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:43 pm

dingbat wrote:I hope whoever thinks it's ok tries it and gets busted

IIRC, this happened on someone on TLS, they had an asterisk on their LSAT score, and their admissions cycle was fucked.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”