Missing questions in the middle of LR Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Nat Sherman

New

Missing questions in the middle of LR

Post by Nat Sherman » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:56 pm

Currently I'm going anywhere from -1 to -3 per section. My problem is that all my missed questions seem to fall between question number 10 to 20. I consistently get the first 10 right, and almost always get 20-25/26 right. However when it comes to the middle of the section I will miss two or three in a row and then go on to finish the rest of the section without a missed answer. Is there something in the middle of the section that differs in difficulty that I could help better understand my why it's those specific questions?

toothbrush

Gold

Re: Missing questions in the middle of LR

Post by toothbrush » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:01 pm

x
Last edited by toothbrush on Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mcs268

Bronze

Re: Missing questions in the middle of LR

Post by mcs268 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:24 pm

I used to have this problem, then I tried the 1-15 in 15 mins, end of section up to 21, then 16-20 method. It's been pushed on the forum before, and I have to endorse it. I used to barely finish the section, now I consistently have ~10 minutes for the last 5 questions (16-20). Since those are the hardest, I take my sweet time if necessary (but I usually end up going through them fast).

Part of it is I believe the momentum. The first 15 questions are usually easier, so you get to answering them in 15 mins easily, which continues onto the medium questions at the end, and by the time you get to 16-20, you've already been used to answering q's in like a minute, so you'll be less likely to spend more time thinking about answers in the harder section (which for me, wasted too much time, that i couldn't finish the end of the section).

If you're taking it on saturday it might be too late to change your patterns, but it is worth a shot.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”