Timing vs. Untimed

Baseball Fanatic

Timing vs. Untimed

Postby Baseball Fanatic » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:30 pm

I have a dilemma. I seem to get more questions right when I am untimed than I am timed on the LR section of the LSAT. Any advice on how to do better with the timing pressure. I get tense and I try to apply my techniques. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't Very concerned and nervous. LSAT is this Saturday.

Also. I was told that you generally need to get the first 12 or so right to get a decent score on the section. However, I beat my self up when I get a few wrong at the beginning of the section, which shakes my confidence a bit. It's like once I click the time on my watch, I my heart starts beating. I feel like the LSAT is 90% mental and 10% skill.

Re: Timing vs. Untimed

Postby PeanutsNJam » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:42 pm

Set your time limit to 25 minutes. Do a bunch of sections.

When you go back to 35, you're gonna be like "Man, I have ages to do this!".

Re: Timing vs. Untimed

Postby SumStalwart » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:45 pm

Try doing the LR untimed but with a stopwatch. That way, you can have the feeling that you are untimed, but still be able to see how long you are taking. Furthermore, this will enable you to work on your timing strategies without the additional pressure.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”