A Few Test Questions

abcde12345

A Few Test Questions

Postby abcde12345 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:05 pm

Hello everyone, and good luck on Saturday if you're taking. I have a few questions for people who have taken the test before:

1. If the desks are really small, what's a good strategy? What can I do/how can I position everything so I don't lose speed?

2. I plan on warming-up before the test with a few questions. Can I bring this into the test center? Or do I need to do this before I go in?

3. How much prep should I do Friday?

4. What time should I get there by?

Thanks!

R86

Re: A Few Test Questions

Postby R86 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:14 pm

abcde12345 wrote:Hello everyone, and good luck on Saturday if you're taking. I have a few questions for people who have taken the test before:

1. If the desks are really small, what's a good strategy? What can I do/how can I position everything so I don't lose speed?

2. I plan on warming-up before the test with a few questions. Can I bring this into the test center? Or do I need to do this before I go in?

Thanks!

Can't speak to the small desk issue, but you can certainly bring prep materials into the test center, just not the test room. Bring photocopies of what you want to prep with, and toss them in the trash before checking into your room.

The amount of prep you do on Friday depends on how prepared you feel. I felt good, didn't do any prep the day before, and scored well enough

Psib337

Postby Psib337 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:25 pm

abcde12345 wrote:Hello everyone, and good luck on Saturday if you're taking. I have a few questions for people who have taken the test before:

Thanks!

1) My room last time didn't have small desks but I've taken standardized tests on small desks before and I'd just fold the book in half. It's kind of a page if you need to reference another page though. I've also just shifted the book around on the desk and let one side hang off.

2) You can probably have them in the lobby but I didn't brnig any questions to warm up because I can't resist the urge to check my answers and I didn't want to be on a huge high or huge low going in. if they make a big deal out of it though you can just take them back to your car if it's nearby.

3) I'm not doing anything, before June I didn't do anything, of all the LSAT mistakes I made last time around not doing anything the day before wasn't one of them. At that point it becomes cramming and I've always found with cramming I try and do things differently or secondgues what I know and it usually doesn't work out.

4) In June I think I got there around 10-15 minutes before the time they said to be there. Also when there's something important like this I just tell myself to be there half an hour before the time I'm supposed to be there so that way I'll definitely be there on time, it also gives me time to get lost, find parking, not panic if I hit traffic etc.

abcde12345

Postby abcde12345 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:54 pm

Thanks for the help! I think I'll bring a little to the test and still prep a little just to stay on top of things.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”