Postby soyeonjeon » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:37 am

Prep 23, Section 2, # 17
Why would C not be the answer?
I think it can be correct.
Thank you.

SumStalwart

Re: Prep 23, Section 2, # 17

Postby SumStalwart » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:48 am

Oh boy, oh boy! This was a tough call! C or D..

Okay, so, I just went ahead and did this problem, and it was pretty difficult. Since it seems like you were able to eliminate all of the other AC's, I am going to focus on both C and D.

C) At first, this seems like it would be the correct answer, however, it isn't necessary for the argument. The proposal was to create a digital notepad, for the engineers to jot their information down. How would keeping a pen and paper nearby help form this conclusion? The point of the argument was that paper is getting replaced by the digital world, so it won't be used.

D) This is the correct answer. The conclusion of the argument is to create a digital notepad, so in order to complete the logic here, we need to assume that typing on the blank document will fulfill the same purpose as using the sketch pad. In other words, the physical action of writing the ideas down is not necessary.

A quick tip: with the LSAT you have to assume that that author has considered all of the other possibilities and their way is the only correct way. This mentality has helped me so far xD

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”