2 Reading Comp Questions

2 Reading Comp Questions

Postby nosleeptillsuccess » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:17 am

I'm really struggling on the RC section of the LSAT.

I know to read for structure and tone, but it's just not coming around to me.

My question here is... how often do you refer back to the text to undergrid your answers? and how in the world do you have time to do that?

I know there are global question and such, but there are many questions where you must refer back to the text to eliminate wrong answer choices.

What is your technique to master this section of the LSAT?

Re: 2 Reading Comp Questions

Postby SumStalwart » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:56 am

I typically miss 3 or 4 questions in this section. It's definitely a work in progress.

What steps do you take when you are reading the passages? For a while I was annotating and marking up the entire passages, and that was an incredibly large waste of my time. Since then, I have simply been reading the passages and underlining certain key words.

I don't quite understand what you mean by "ungrid your answers," but the way that I do it is by answering the questions in order and keeping in mind what the main point of each paragraph was. If you do that, you'll have an easier time locating the more specific answers.

Another thing that you could try is reading the questions before you read the passage, so that you know what you are looking for. I do this with the LR questions, but not for the RC sections (some of the RC questions are a little too specific for my liking).

Re: 2 Reading Comp Questions

Postby crate2012 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:27 pm

If you have trouble to retain a good amount of info the first time around (4 mins for me), it will be hard to handle the questions. Keep reading and build up short term memory.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”